Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I've looked at several news reports on this. How can it not be bullying? Define bullying. If this isn't bullying, I don't know what is. If this is JUSTIFIED in your head because they have been arguing, of which there is NO evidence, then you think it is justified for kids in school yard fights to KILL each other, heaven help us all.
You only got one side of the story. The boys parents say he was bullied. That's what you know.

There weren't very many facts in the linked stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 11:22 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You might want to read the friggin link where it mentions head injury as a result of the altercation.

If in fact you did read the link, someone really does need to pull your finger because that fart that is backed up inside of you seems to be putting pressure on your little brain and obtructing your ability to comprehend.
I read the stories and again it doesn't really lay any facts out other than the parents SAY the kid was being bullied. He could have been the instigator. I'm sure there will be an investigation.

The one story says he enjoyed skateboarding. How do we know that he didn't fall off his skateboard and hit his head and his parents are just trying to blame the bullying?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Women don't understand a man's world.
Maybe women don't understand a boy's world, but a women does understand what having a dead child is!

And having to bury that dead child? I for sure know that head injuries are not a good thing to have, having a cousin who hit his head, and was never the same after that fall.

Todays bullys are not yesterday's bullys, they bully today to kill, that a women and a Mother does not understand he had a head injury, that is enough to kill right there.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Nothing will happen to these boys legally, my prediction.
I see it every day. A fight escalates - someone is devastatingly injured OR killed - and suits are filed. Jail time is served; money is awarded in a civil suit.

Of course - these are 12 year olds - not college students so jail time is probably out.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
I'm back, and I can't find a link to the story I heard on the news, sorry. Maybe it was proven to be wrong so they pulled it. I heard it on the news one night when I was cooking dinner. Or maybe I misheard it, but it started with something like "New questions tonight after more medical information surfaces suggesting he may have had previous medical issues."
If it wasn't too late, I would go back and remove my post to not leave incorrect info in the thread.

It looks like now the DA is waiting for all the medical records to decide about pressing charges, which seems reasonable. No matter what happened, my heart breaks for this family. He is exactly the same age as my son, and I can't even imagine losing my son right now.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:15 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Wow. A write up. How scary. No wonder we have more of these stories coming out these days. Bring back the paddle.
Well, teachers aren't cops or judges, and shouldn't be. Teachers should be teachers.

I don't believe in the paddle. I could never hit a child. I do believe in teaching kids to be kind to one another. However, bullies never got much goodness from me.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I read the stories and again it doesn't really lay any facts out other than the parents SAY the kid was being bullied. He could have been the instigator. I'm sure there will be an investigation.

The one story says he enjoyed skateboarding. How do we know that he didn't fall off his skateboard and hit his head and his parents are just trying to blame the bullying?
I don't give a sh_t if he called them f-ups, a-hs, or if he did nothing. NO ONE deserves to be beaten until he has a terminal injury. Those kids need to be thrown into juvie hall for a long time, for lack of a better place where bullies should go.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
He didn't want to fight.
Yeah - so if North Korea threatens us with a nuclear weapon and we say "we don't want to fight' we just sit back and let them obliterate the republic.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
School officials say there was no history of bad blood between the boys and that this was the first disciplinary action against the boy that knocked him down.

Maybe some are seeing "bullying" where it doesn't exist ?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
It was not a fight. He was trying to walk away. It was an attack.
Once he was hit it bacame a fight, and it was his perogative to defend himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies