U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM

340 posts, read 368,830 times

Advertisements

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/12/pelosi-assault-weapons-ban-will-not-pass-congress/

Pelosi says AWB not going to pass. Stick that in your pipe liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM

63,078 posts, read 34,350,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/12/pelosi-assault-weapons-ban-will-not-pass-congress/

Pelosi says AWB not going to pass. Stick that in your pipe liberals.
I don't think anyone thought it would pass. It is very unpopular idea anyway, which is why most Dems didnt' push for it.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM

12,289 posts, read 7,965,558 times
The gun rights battle will be fought in the state legislator not federal. Anyone with half a clue knew this in the beginning.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 PM

39,492 posts, read 40,805,534 times
They are afraid of a repeat of 2010.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM

9,536 posts, read 7,844,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The gun rights battle will be fought in the state legislator not federal. Anyone with half a clue knew this in the beginning.
There will be no fight in Montana Legislature!
The Constitution of the State of Montana, Article II, section 12:
"Right to Bear Arms. The right of any person to keep or bear arms in defense of his own home, person, and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but nothing herein contained shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons."

However, Montana is pretty much a "Will Issue" state for Concealed Carry Permits. If you can buy a gun, you can get a permit. A gun safety course may be required. A DD214 showing military firearms qualifications is acceptable in lieu of a safety course.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
There will be no fight in Montana Legislature!
The Constitution of the State of Montana, Article II, section 12:
"Right to Bear Arms. The right of any person to keep or bear arms in defense of his own home, person, and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but nothing herein contained shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons."

However, Montana is pretty much a "Will Issue" state for Concealed Carry Permits. If you can buy a gun, you can get a permit. A gun safety course may be required. A DD214 showing military firearms qualifications is acceptable in lieu of a safety course.
I am happy for you in MT.
I am battle tested here in California, I have probably written more letters and made more phone calls to elected representatives than 99.9% of the people on this forum. Ironically, no matter how many times I call/write the politicians still pass more gun control here.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:02 PM

34,310 posts, read 18,587,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think anyone thought it would pass. It is very unpopular idea anyway, which is why most Dems didnt' push for it.
Yep, but it was put up by a DEM......that has a CCW and carried in a hospital (against the law).

Also, the entire law may not pass, however, any piece that passes....well, I guess we will see what happens...

Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM

79,240 posts, read 33,616,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
No it won't. The courts have already thrown out state laws.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it won't. The courts have already thrown out state laws.
Not in this state, the only SCOTUS ruling is heller and McDonald. Still waiting to see if Moore v Madigan, or another case makes it to SCOTUS next term.

California is the battle ground, and until SCOTUS makes another ruling nothing will change. The 9th circuit doesn't have the balls to actually apply the meaning of heller, they just keep going on and on like nothing happened because a level of scrutiny was not given.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 PM

63,078 posts, read 34,350,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, but it was put up by a DEM......that has a CCW and carried in a hospital (against the law).

Also, the entire law may not pass, however, any piece that passes....well, I guess we will see what happens...
Even her proposal came across as "hey, look at me. I'm trying to ban guns", and clearly nothing but an attempt to pander to the anti-gun crowd, who was high on emotion after the CT shootings. Like I said in December, most Dems simply waited for the storm to quiet down, and then go on with other issues, like nothing had happened. They learned from Clinton bans. It was a political mistake, and cost them the Congress. They know gun bans are not popular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies