U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 PM
 
12,627 posts, read 18,170,459 times
Reputation: 2990

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I think you got that totally wrong. Conservatives are the ones compaining about killing terrorists in foreign countries.
I thought conservatives are suppose to be the war mongers? Fight fight fight.... kill kill kill and all that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 PM
 
361 posts, read 632,663 times
Reputation: 508
I have no problems with the drone program, no matter who is president. Frankly, there are some people who need to be killed, and if the government has their way, they will be killed. People are getting upset because they are afraid the government will use it indiscriminately. Which they could do.

And for those of you trying to make this political, try to remember Obama is an idiot. Bush was an idiot. Clinton was an idiot. You have to be an idiot to even want that job. Rhetoric is easy to use when you are running for office, but once you win the office, you are nothing more than a pawn with a few perks. You are front man for an organization as dark and evil as anything ever devised on the planet.

The shots are always being called by others. The prez, no matter what party he is from, is just a pawn.

The modern day president is controlled and manipulated just like all os us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 12:47 PM
 
13,180 posts, read 13,084,131 times
Reputation: 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post
I have no problems with the drone program, no matter who is president. Frankly, there are some people who need to be killed, and if the government has their way, they will be killed. People are getting upset because they are afraid the government will use it indiscriminately. Which they could do.

And for those of you trying to make this political, try to remember Obama is an idiot. Bush was an idiot. Clinton was an idiot. You have to be an idiot to even want that job. Rhetoric is easy to use when you are running for office, but once you win the office, you are nothing more than a pawn with a few perks. You are front man for an organization as dark and evil as anything ever devised on the planet.

The shots are always being called by others. The prez, no matter what party he is from, is just a pawn.

The modern day president is controlled and manipulated just like all os us.
Let me just recap your post so some won't need to read this nonsense.

1) You have no problems with drone program.
2) Some people need to be killed.
3) Government could kill wrong people. (but you have no problem with drone program)
4) Government is the most evil and dark organization devised on planet. (Who better to run drone program?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
 
29,752 posts, read 16,443,859 times
Reputation: 13825
Obama the mass murderer is the most dangerous man on the planet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Jawjah
2,468 posts, read 1,597,324 times
Reputation: 1099
Drone programs arent perfect - but its far better than starting yet another ground war which Republicans are itching to do and get thousands of American lives slaughtered in the process..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 01:35 PM
 
13,180 posts, read 13,084,131 times
Reputation: 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Drone programs arent perfect - but its far better than starting yet another ground war which Republicans are itching to do and get thousands of American lives slaughtered in the process..
Apparently, this goes waaaay over your head, because you have no idea what they controversy is about.

It's certainly not about using drones in place of ground troops for justified military strikes.

It's about assassination of Americans with no judicial oversight. Continuing wars against peasants, killing kids in their own country, against the popular will of their citizens, violating the sovereignty of another nation. Counterproductive use of violence. The fact that it is a drone or a sniper is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM
 
4,989 posts, read 2,008,129 times
Reputation: 2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Apparently, this goes waaaay over your head, because you have no idea what they controversy is about.

It's certainly not about using drones in place of ground troops for justified military strikes.

It's about assassination of Americans with no judicial oversight. Continuing wars against peasants, killing kids in their own country, against the popular will of their citizens, violating the sovereignty of another nation. Counterproductive use of violence. The fact that it is a drone or a sniper is irrelevant.

I can't decide if they are unwilling or unable to read simple english, perhaps this will help:

Jon Stewart: Skygall

Jon Stewart: Skygall - Drone Strike Details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:54 PM
 
79,135 posts, read 33,597,768 times
Reputation: 15837
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Drone programs arent perfect - but its far better than starting yet another ground war which Republicans are itching to do and get thousands of American lives slaughtered in the process..
It's Obama that is moving missiles to counter North Korea's non threat.

US to deploy more ground-based missile interceptors as North Korea steps up threats - U.S. News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,127,912 times
Reputation: 7888
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Name one liberal demanding military action in Iran and Syria. I know that I can name dozens of Republicans who do.
This administration is too busy with getting drones flying over America and taking gun rights away from Americans. Next they will even get so personal in our private lives they tell us what to eat.. oh, that is already being done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 AM
 
4,989 posts, read 2,008,129 times
Reputation: 2257
More questions than answers on US drone program

Prying open drone secrets

Drone policy attacks heart of Constitution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top