U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,910,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
See I told everybody libs are angry racists.
Oh, so that one poster represents all "libs?" Okay then, from now on I'm judging all "cons" based on you - and I'm pretty sure the more reasonable conservatives here won't be so happy about that!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 PM

810 posts, read 811,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Because a store owner in NYC thought Forrest Whitaker had stolen something, this somehow proves that white liberals are racist? Maybe the store owner was a raving racist Conservative. Not every single person who lives in NYC is a liberal. Or maybe he was a raving racist Liberal. It still doesn't prove anything about the point you are trying to make.
I am initially from NYC and lived in the area near Columbia for a number of years. I already mentioned that the deli where the incident occurred was only a block away from Columbia University. The entire area is a bastion of liberalism. The owner of Milano (the deli where the incident happened) is a die hard lib. Again, I'm simply pointing out that both, the liberal and conservative environments, are often very much anti-black.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,130,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I am black. Again, I'm trying to point out that very liberal environments do not differ much from very conservative environments. Black people seem very aware of the typical white conservative mindset, but many seem to be in the dark about the typical liberal mindset.
What you are actually pointing out, I believe, is that the supposed liberal types are actually more bigoted than what you very mistakenly believe about conservative people. And, black people seem to be very bigoted.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Here's the logic of the argument you are making.

I saw a red-haired person choose to buy Golden Delicious apples today at the grocery store.

Therefore, all red-haired people like Golden Delicious apples.
OMG. I'm a redhead and I like Golden Delicious apples - so it must be true!!!

But given the OP's consistent (often hateful) stereotyping of various groups, I'm not surprised she would use one example to paint this broad picture of "liberals." How sad it must be to live in a world of such generalizations and absolutes, never judging people as the individuals they are. So glad I wasn't raised that way.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I am initially from NYC and lived in the area near Columbia for a number of years. I already mentioned that the deli where the incident occurred was only a block away from Columbia University. The entire area is a bastion of liberalism. The owner of Milano (the deli where the incident happened) is a die hard lib. Again, I'm simply pointing out that both, the liberal and conservative environments, are often very much anti-black.
So who do you think the Black voters should be supporting? And why?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,659,914 times
Quote:
The owner of Milano (the deli where the incident happened) is a die hard lib.
And you know this......how?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM

Here's another example of a fine liberal environment! San Francisco (even more liberal than NYC!)

San Francisco Travelodge Accused of Racist Behavior || HotelChatter
Quote:
More bad news in the hotel world today: SF Weekly is reporting on a rather unpleasant situation that unfolded at a San Francisco Travelodge on Thursday night.

According to the story, Leo Nocentelli, a guitarist from the Meters Experience, attempted to check into the hotel along with two other members of the band. When he handed over his credit card to cover incidentals during the stay, the hotel manager refused to take it.

Except there was nothing wrong with the card—just the manager, who somehow didn't like the look of these guys. When Nocentelli's friend later showed up to see what was wrong, the manager told him he didn't accept credit cards from black people.
Again, many blacks are aware of the conservative mindset, but for some odd reason, many ignore the liberal mindset.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And you know this......how?
Everyone knows that he is an avid supporter of the democratic party. He hosted plenty of fundraisers onsite!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
What you are actually pointing out, I believe, is that the supposed liberal types are actually more bigoted than what you very mistakenly believe about conservative people. And, black people seem to be very bigoted.
This thread is about recognizing that there is really no difference between the liberal and conservative mindset (w/ respect to black people).

Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Here's another example of a fine liberal environment! San Francisco (even more liberal than NYC!)

San Francisco Travelodge Accused of Racist Behavior || HotelChatter

Again, many blacks are aware of the conservative mindset, but for some odd reason, many ignore the liberal mindset.
Who's ignoring it? I don't see how it's being ignored, if you are posting one article after another... although I also don't see anything about "liberalism" in this article, unless you think everyone in SF is a liberal. We're not all left-leaning, in case you weren't aware. And if your only point is that racism exists on all sides of the fence, I really don't think we needed a whole thread to prove that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or