Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 07:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
How about turn that around - how long will big government last if we refuse to fund it.
Government needs business, not the other way around.
As Clark Park rightly puts it, this is childish.

Government is a consumer of many goods and services and it largely buys those goods and services on the private market. Corporations have a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to maximize profits. Turning away business because of the misguided belief that government wants to quell your fetish for guns, isn't in the best interest of the shareholders.

Moreover, it assumes that the contention that a "gun grab" is reality and it also assumes that all businesses accept that arguable premise.

Faced with either being awarded a contract from the government or declining to bid because of some misguided pro-gun protest, most companies will take the contract.

What's really clear is that you are still stewing over the results of the last election and are dreaming of a way to get even. It's time to get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I can handle the 45's.. I just have very small hands, very short fingers, and the stocks usually seem so big. And they usually seem heavy to me so I tend to drop the barrel down and usually shoot low with them. For some reason, this new one just felt good in my hands. Almost no recoil and deadly accurate. He has taught me well. And I enjoy it.. Although there is no way I'll ever out-shoot him with a shotgun. I go skeet shooting and while fun.. for the most part, I suck at it. LOL.
You might out shoot him there too, but you might need a gun made to 'fit' you and not use his gun(s), which I am assuming you do.

Avoid cheaper single shot top break guns as these tend to kick like 2 mules. Unless that feeling of giddy is something you like, like my wife seems too

There are a few ways to shoot at clays. There is a modern stance used most... In this stance the gun is already shouldered and you call for the bird.....

That is not my way. I hunt and i don't get to call birds in the wild... So I snap shoot,

That style takes a lit of moving out of a moving target. You just are looking and see the bird while holding the gun down at rest carry, and quickly raise the gun to the point where the bird will be.

That whole thing drove my Dad nuts! he wanted me to shoot like he did, and i didn't.
He would yell and curse, and my brother would call the bird and before either of them could do another thing I blew the birds (clay) to bits.........

Then Dad would yell at me to give my brother 1/2 a chance

I would tell Dad that depends.... Then he would really screech

Maybe if i missed more things would have been calm and quiet, but i didn't miss much.
My best gun of that time was a sawed off to be 18 and 1/4 inch LC Smith side by side, the fastest shot gun in the world.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
Yep... I started off using hubbies shotgun which kicked bad. I can home with my shoulder looking like I'd been in a car wreck. Black, Blue and Swollen for several days. The last time, he gave me a Charles Daily O/U 20 ga. that he had bought for our son when he was young and just starting to hunt. I did better with it, but still not great. But I do believe your on to something... He needs to get ME a shotgun. Wonder why he hasn't thought of this?

Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Yep... I started off using hubbies shotgun which kicked bad. I can home with my shoulder looking like I'd been in a car wreck. Black, Blue and Swollen for several days. The last time, he gave me a Charles Daily O/U 20 ga. that he had bought for our son when he was young and just starting to hunt. I did better with it, but still not great. But I do believe your on to something... He needs to get ME a shotgun. Wonder why he hasn't thought of this?
In any case you need a shot gun that fits a person your size... A decent gun that fits will make a lot of difference. CD shot guns are ok for kids..... You can drop a heavy roll of dimes on a really good shot gun that fits, but you don't have to, but it won't be dirt cheap either.

Semi Autos eat up some recoil but tend to be heavy for more parts.

That heavy is good to eat up recoil too, but what recoil is left will still shove you hard. A recoil vest can help, as well as modern recoil pads. For breaking clays you can find reduced loads too.

But always pull that gun into your shoulder tight and let it roll you, and roll with it. You are more like a basket then a oak tree. Believe it or not oak tree like guys take a harder beating than you. I am a thin smaller guy and long ago learned i was a basket too.

Baskets and blades of grass bend in the wind.... Oaks snap and break....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies