Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
LOLOL... Being from Norcross you of all people ought to know that most folks in Nelson (or any place north of Canton or Cumming) already own guns anyway. Simple enough.. if you don't like guns... don't go there..
So if you don't like any federal policy you can leave the country and move somewhere else on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM

19,026 posts, read 14,205,095 times
People who have the right to life, have the right to defend that life with any weapon.
People who only have a government granted privilege to live, have to get permission to defend that life.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
They have to find out where they are and who has them first,ie gun registration. A universal background check accomplishes the same thing.
Just use A computer program to cross reference all databases such as Dr licenses and they WILL HAVE YOUR NAME and address.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM

385 posts, read 615,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Fine. then let's see how they will last with no government benefits and tax breaks.
As someone who works in the industry I would like you to explain in detail what government benefits and tax breaks are available to the firearm and ammunition industry that are not available to any other industry.

SBA loans? Nope, we're "too high risk" so we self-fund, find an angel investor, or go to a bank for a loan.

Government preferences and set-asides for minority/veteran/woman-owned/small-biz/disadvantaged-biz/etc? Not for contracts deemed vital to national security (which includes firearms and ammo).

Then there's the "annual compliance audit" benefit. Unlike the IRS which only wants to take your money, if you screw up badly enough the ATF will put you in federal prison.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
If some of the nonsense legislation being tabled actually does pass, I'm afraid that confrontations will be a foregone conclusion. Yes, there are a lot of "internet Rambos" out there. The anti 2A side has a few as well. A full blown rebellion, I don't see happening out of the gate. More like a slew of Ruby Ridge and Waco type incidents, which will light a short fuse.

Hopefully the Feds and the citizenry would see that such is not the answer. The ones who speak of war as if it would be some glorious thing, tend not to address the reality of what happens when the bullets fly. Or when they stop flying would be a better issue to look at.

Who will take care of the wounded? Battlefield wounds are no simple first aid kit matters. Without immediate and highly skilled care, most gunshot or frag wounds are a death sentence. A rebellious citizenry would not have medivac and forward combat surgical units standing by. A fighting force needs to be well supplied with food, ammunition, fuel and clothing as well. When talk of war gets tossed out, my thoughts don't tend to dwell so much on how well armed I am so much as can my loved ones and I survive. Can I see that my people are sheltered, fed, and can get proper medical care if someone is sick, wounded, or both? I can't stomach the thought of my son or my lady suffering from bullet wounds gone septic in an old mineshaft with maybe, if I'm lucky, only a few Tylenol at my disposal.

The civil war drummers and the anti 2A crowd, the latter that likes to crow about what the military can do to rebels, both need to examine the reality of what confrontation would be like. Both sides are guilty of looking only at the battle and not the aftermath.
"I can't stomach the thought of my son or my lady suffering from bullet wounds gone septic in an old mineshaft with maybe, if I'm lucky, only a few Tylenol at my disposal. "

We don't have any old mine shafts around here. Why are you fantasizing about holing up in a mine shaft?
I think you watch too much tv.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
But the question is, how many of the competitive shooters are complete morons? I am betting the majority of them aren't stupid enough to run out into the streets shooting at the US military or any other branch of police.
That and their wife won't let them.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
much brave talk but when they notify u turn em in or turn yourself in for felony offense, most will fold.
Such a law would be completely unconstitutional and as such, need not be followed.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,244,282 times
When a real gun manufacturer (Colt, Glock, Berreta, H&K, Smith & Wesson, etc.) puts their name on that list I'll pay attention. Until then it's worthless.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
When a real gun manufacturer (Colt, Glock, Berreta, H&K, Smith & Wesson, etc.) puts their name on that list I'll pay attention. Until then it's worthless.
Barrett isn't a "real" gun manufacturer?

I guess my m82 is fake then huh?

Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Barrett isn't a "real" gun manufacturer?

I guess my m82 is fake then huh?
Add Kimber into that list too. Being a woman I don't normally feel comfortable with hubbies 45's in my little hands... but he recently bought a Kimber and took me to the range to shoot it. It was SWEET!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies