Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,413,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
My eyes are wide open.

I have investigated the theory of evolution and found it to be lacking in support for what it claims to be true - and I quite simply amazed that anyone could close their mind so much as you have, which is required to even begin to believe the absolutely inane premises that theory of evolution puts forth.

I'm a betting man, that you are some sort of Christian (or other religion) who was brought up with a belief structure that is not compatible with evolution. It was only after a full indoctrination of that belief structure that you found out, learned, and debated evolution as a Scientific Theory (not just a theory)

Human psychology says that the chances of you changing your mind on an initial belief, even when confronted by overwhelming evidence, is pretty low. So I do not find it surprising that you learned and rejected a scientifically sound (and tested) theory such as evolution.

In my mind, if your religion can't accept evolution than its your religion that is wrong. Its a bit like kicking someone out because he says the earth revolves around the sun.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,886,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Even the Catholic religion accepts evolution as fact.
What does the Catholic church's opinion have to do with anything?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 PM

6,003 posts, read 3,705,590 times
Quote:
This thread isn't about creationism - it is about teaching evolution in public schools.

Wow - over 30 pages later and STILL not one shred of evidence supporting theory of evolution.
You say evolution shouldn't be taught in school. I say it should and give valid reasons why. Please explain how that is "off topic".

Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Creationism is not a theory. For one thing, it is does not make any falsfieable predictions.
Neither does theory of evolution - yet a lot of people around here seem to believe it. as "fact".

Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You say evolution shouldn't be taught in school. I say it should and give valid reasons why. Please explain how that is "off topic".
You made the point that no one has proved creationism.

I have stated several times in this thread and others that neither theory of evolution or creationism should be taught in public schools.

Your focus on creationism was off topic.

This thread is about evolution.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God's creation is damaged because of fallen man. God also makes some animals run much faster than man but we have used our brain to travel the skys faster than any animal. God gave us a brain to compensate for our lack of superiority in our flesh bodies.

My cat(whom I am unable to marry) has much better vision and sense of smell than I.

It is presumptious of the God-deniers to claim this as "evidence" that God does not exist.

Who are they to dictate what charisteristics the Lord should have given to various members of his creation?

Cats are awesome!

Meow.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That would never have been possible with a competent god.
Who are you to judge the competency of God?

What an absolutely ridiculous comment to make.

Does the pot say to the potter - "why have you made me as such"?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Key words being, "I believe". You have your beliefs. Everyone else has theirs. You can't force others to believe what you believe.
Who is forcing anybody to believe what they believe - except for the evolutionists - who require public schools to teach their unsupportable theory?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:59 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,210,370 times
Quote:

My cat(whom I am unable to marry) has much better vision and sense of smell than I.

It is presumptious of the God-deniers to claim this as "evidence" that God does not exist.

Who are they to dictate what charisteristics the Lord should have given to various members of his creation?

Cats are awesome!

Meow.
If there is a god creator then he could have made us perfect. Superhuman strength, supervision, the ability to fly, immortality, etc. Or, he could just show up, but he doesn't.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,355,492 times
Quote:
Who are you to judge the competency of God?

What an absolutely ridiculous comment to make.

Does the pot say to the potter - "why have you made me as such"?
God doesn't exist, but of he did, he would absolutely qualify as a village idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies