Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM

811 posts, read 1,053,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
In other words, lie to kids because religious people are butthurt that their creation myths aren't paraded around as facts despite no supportable evidence whatsoever.
Why do you feel that Creation is a myth?

The layers of sediment laid down around the globe is likely the result of the Genesis Flood.

The fossils of the dinosaurs within said sediment is likely the mineral replacement of the dinosaurs that perished during the Genesis flood, some four thousand or so years ago. The dinosaurs that did not perish, as they were aboard the ark (likely juveniles given the size), when released likely died out as a result of the ice age and its effects.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 PM

83 posts, read 95,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I find it amusing to examine the absoute double-standard "deceivers" apply.

To scientific fact, they apply a "non-disputable" absoute standard,

while they, lacking any evidence whatsoever that their domatic beliefs are true, cast that standard aside and believe whatever evidenceless drivel their religion tells them to believe so as to achieve immortality.

Such intellectual dishonesty is rarely found, much less trumpeted.

It is truly chilling, and a bit scary.

Atheists are not willing to accept any evidence that supports Christianity so it's not really a question that there is no evidence. It's quite evident that God created me, and gave me things to enjoy in this life. What do you call that on your end? Pure luck? Pure luck that something like the act of sex is both emotionalyl and physically pleasing? Why would evolution mechanism evolve physical pleasure if the only driving force is survival of the species? If nothing else, evolution made a big mistake by making sex so pleasurable because it has led to overpopulation of the human species.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 PM

811 posts, read 1,053,701 times
Quote:
O contraire. All of life around you, and they which came before, and that which will come in the future, is an ongoing, never-ending real-world demonstration of evolution in action.

You dont see it as such because"

1. It occurs too slowly for your mind to grasp

2. It contradicts your factless dogma

or

3. All of the Above.
It's not seen because it's junk science.

1. There is no evidence of it ever happening.
2. Given what we know about mutations and the way DNA works, it is a virtual impossibility.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:28 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Only Turkey is more ignorant than America when it comes to not accepting evolution.

"Miller et al.'s (2006) survey of 33 European countries and Japan, asking whether the residents agreed with, disagreed with, or were unsure of the statement, “Human beings, as we know them today, developed from an earlier species of animals.”

Only 40 % of Americans agreed with the statement; and only one country, Turkey, was more ignorant.

In contrast, countries such as Iceland, Denmark, France, Japan, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Germany all showed more than 70% agreement.

The problem: religion.

SCIENCE, RELIGION, AND SOCIETY: THE PROBLEM OF EVOLUTION IN AMERICA (2012) SCIENCE, RELIGION, AND SOCIETY: THE PROBLEM OF EVOLUTION IN AMERICA - Coyne - 2012 - Evolution - Wiley Online Library
That's your opinion. And MY opinion is that a lack of religion is what's leading to America's decline.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:28 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
It's one in the same, considering the argument for man's existence is that of evolution that began from the origins of life. At least according to evolutionists.
Two seperate issues. Originas of life, and Evolution of Speciies.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 PM

83 posts, read 95,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm nothing more than an animal. A primate. With the ability to walk upright, and opposable thumbs, and a really, really big brain. I'm not the only species to develop complex language. Whale song appears to be a complex language, and it's possible that many other species have complex communication, but as I'm not a member of those species I'm unaware of the levels of communication. Many other species "speak" to one another. We just don't understand what's being said. Other species have been shown to create tools.

As a human being, I'm exceptionally adept at changing my environment to suit my needs and desires. I'm not so adept at appreciating how those changes impact other species, for good or for bad. I certainly don't feel the least bit degraded for acknowledging that I'm not exceptional in every way.
Let me guess this straight, you are claiming animals have complex language, but oh, we just don't understand it?? Then how can you really say it is a language and not just instinctive grunts, groans, and noises? Human beings are still the ONLY species to develop a structured language adhering to syntax rules.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
All species are transitional?

What are you talking about?

There is no evidence of transitions, implying that one type of organism became another type of organism. A dog is still a dog. A cat is still a cat, and so on.

God created KINDS, in which it is likely that the environment selected against or for certain existing genes within the originally created kinds. Some environments were better for some traits, whereas other environments were better for other traits. However, all the genetic material, and there is a lot of it, were in the original created kind.

This isn't evolution, but natural selection.

Evolution doesn't exist. It's a fairy tale.
All species are transitional. We aren't static. Genetic mutations are happening all the time, and some of those genetic mutations will become fixed, part of our genetic make-up.

This idea that you have that mutations only take away is completely wrong. Mutations can be positive, negative or neutral. For instance, my father can wiggle his ears. That's a genetic mutation. It's not negative, and it's not positive. It's neutral.

Maybe God has a hand in natural selection. Maybe God has a hand in mutations. Who knows? But the fact that species change over time, in response to environment or other biological pressures, is in evidence by fossils and DNA. We have seen bacteria and viruses mutate and change in labs. That's evolution. Evolution exists. You cite natural selection. Natural selection is a part of evolution. If it makes you happy to think that God is guiding it all, think that. But don't deny that evolution happens.

And a 50-year-old hat, encrusted with gunk, isn't a fossil.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You have underscored why theory of evolution is untestable and thus unable to be proven - there is not enough time for any researcher to see it take place - so all they have is conjecture and supposition and "oh, lets add a couple million years to the age of the universe so that our theory will work".
Except, of course for the fossile records and the real life, still-around, before and after species. One a species evolvs, it doens't mean the earlier versiion dies out, it keep on going, and the new branch goes off on its merry way. Your overly simplistic dogma, which is basically "god done it" has rendered you unable to even begin to grasp the complexities of nature, soc you just pretend they don't exist.

sort of like if you owned a single-seat scooter, you would deny the possibility of an airplane carrying hundreds of people, because, after all, in your world, vehicles are limited to one pax.

Or perhaps, somone who can count, only to ten, using their fingers, would be incapaable of grasping a number like 3,565, 437, 891,321.32569. To them and their overly-simplistic view, if isn't 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10, if can't be.

Your dogma has rendered you incapable of learning in the real world.

Last edited by Robin Rossi; 03-15-2013 at 02:50 PM..

Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
Let me guess this straight, you are claiming animals have complex language, but oh, we just don't understand it?? Then how can you really say it is a language and not just instinctive grunts, groans, and noises? Human beings are still the ONLY species to develop a structured language adhering to syntax rules.
How can you say that the grunts, groans and noises of another species aren't part of their language? I don't understand Greek. Does that mean that the grunts, groans and noises of Greeks aren't a language?

Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Except, of course for the fossile records and the real life, still-around, before and after species. One a species evolvs, it doens't mean the earlier versiion dies out, it keep on going, and the new branch goes off on its merry way. Your overly simplistic dogma, which is basically "god done it" has rendered you unable to even begin to grasp the complexities of nature, soc you just pretend they don't exist.

sort of like if you owned a single-seat scooter, you would deny the possibility of an airplane carrying hundreds of people, because, after all, in your world, vehicles are limited to one pax.

Your dogma has rendered you incapable of learning in the real world.
In other words, ToE is based solely on conjecture and supposition, not hard testable evidence.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies