U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,614,993 times
Reputation: 3949

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you want to think you came from an ape, or an ameoba that is your right. I believe I was make in the image of God by God the creator.
Too bad what is true or not cares not a whit for what anybody "thinks."

 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,622 posts, read 11,079,083 times
Reputation: 7870
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is the real reason some people hate evolution. They are too self-centered and narcissistic to believe that they came from anything other than a god.
If we evolve as you say, God is the creator of evolution as well. Yet God states in his word that we did not evolve . We were created as a man and a woman. Not an ameoba or fish.
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,775,576 times
Reputation: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you want to think you came from an ape, or an ameoba that is your right. I believe I was make in the image of God by God the creator.
And you have every right to believe that and tell your kids that. HOWEVER, they will learn about the theory of evolution and the origins of life in public school biology. God belongs in a Sunday school class.
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,614,993 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Science is the study of what God created. Man gives names to it, can find some basic facts but really doesn't understand how the natural laws were placed.

Why does Ice form at 32%? We know it does but why did God make that fact so..God created the natural laws and it is so complex we can't find out much .. Science is so fallible and God is not.
For a universe to exist (and I think we can mostly agree that a universe does in fact exist) it must by definition have natural laws.

These are ours.

Sometimes, the only true answer to the question, "Why?" is "Because."
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
 
3,744 posts, read 2,585,345 times
Reputation: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What "law of evolution"?
THE Law of Evoolution
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,968,123 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Thinking > Believing

But you are free to do whatever you choose. Lolol
In order to believe, one must think.

"Come, let us reason together", says the Lord"

- Isaiah 1:18.
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Soldotna
2,268 posts, read 1,799,947 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
For a universe to exist (and I think we can mostly agree that a universe does in fact exist) it must by definition have natural laws.

These are ours.

Sometimes, the only true answer to the question, "Why?" is "Because."
Or why not...
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,968,123 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
THE Law of Evoolution
There is no law of evolution.

State this law, if you claim that it exists.
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,614,993 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Because our intellect did not design it.. . If we didn't exist on the earth and everything else did , we know that man did not create it.
So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova
We were made in the image of God so we are creators here on earth. We build, create roads , electronics, but God gave us the brain to create. God is the ultimate creator of all things and all knowledge comes from him.
Darn. And you were doing so well. But the dogma just had to assert itself and cut off what was for one brief second an actual stream of logical thought.

 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
 
3,744 posts, read 2,585,345 times
Reputation: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is the real reason some people hate evolution. They are too self-centered and narcissistic to believe that they came from anything other than a god.
Nail struck firmly on its head - spot on, 10-4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top