U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
 
Location: ATX-HOU
10,218 posts, read 6,802,619 times
Reputation: 2034

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Microevolution is observable and actually happens.

Macroevolution is not observable and does not actually occur.
Of course "macro" evolution isn't observable, we humans don't live that long. Luckily we have the tools to study the mechanisms at the cellular level, specifically how information is passed along.

 
Old 03-17-2013, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I can't believe we keep having this debate here in America. It would be laughed at in most European countries.
And in Canada...
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There is no law of evolution.

State this law, if you claim that it exists.
Of course there are several laws of evolution derived from the theory...We use them all the time in medicine, agriculture, animal breeding to just name a few...How exactly do you think our modern vegetables, medicines and domestic animals came to be?
For instance the evolution of corn was brought about through applying one of the laws of evolution....The law of natural selection, in this case forced by man... The Evolution of Corn
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 PM
 
11,780 posts, read 8,601,784 times
Reputation: 3425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If we evolve as you say, God is the creator of evolution as well. Yet God states in his word that we did not evolve . We were created as a man and a woman. Not an ameoba or fish.
Well, there goes intelligent design.
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Too bad you choose death over life. If you had faith the size of a mustard seed you would know the truth. You did not get here on your own and you don't know where you are going. God is a good God and created us with a free will. The bible is clear. The Holy Spirit is real and his spirit will live forever.
Another bible blunder...The bible claims that the mustard seed is the smallest...It is not.

Last edited by sanspeur; 03-17-2013 at 08:39 PM..
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Better tell that to the University of California, Berekely.

Apparently they are deceiving their students.

Microevolution
So you accept what the University of California says about micro evolution, but reject this?
Macroevolution How ironic!
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Alright, once again I'll ask the questions that has been asked before...


...Is Lucy the same species of human as the humans that exist today?
...Have the house cats, or the African wild cats... ...always been around
A simple search would answer your questions, but here ya go....No to both.
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,782 posts, read 13,368,018 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Evolution is biological history, mutation, and statistics.
It makes stupid people feel discriminated against for being stupid.
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,376 posts, read 19,644,506 times
Reputation: 7877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1979x View Post
species change over time. but one species cannot evolve into another species. that has never been proven. by anyone. ever. so don't lie to children. saying evolution is a fact is like saying the sky is blue is a fact. well it depends on the context and condition.
Therefore, how many different "species" were on Noah's ark?

Estimated Number of Animal and Plant Species | FactMonster.com
 
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,784,630 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1979x
species change over time. but one species cannot evolve into another species. that has never been proven. by anyone. ever. so don't lie to children. saying evolution is a fact is like saying the sky is blue is a fact. well it depends on the context and condition.
Oh my, the willful ignorance of some is astounding.... Actionbioscience | Ring Species: Unusual Demonstrations of Speciation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top