U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
 
Location: San Diego
993 posts, read 800,857 times
Reputation: 854

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Where is the fossil record showing a species in transition? They don't exist. Evolution cannot be proven. There are plenty of fossils around. Millions in fact. Not one even suggests evolution.

A virus adapting is not evolution. Don't start talking about people with low IQs if that is what you believe.

You Creation deniers crack me up.

Show a record of a species in transition to another species. A different species. Not some silly virus mutation. And then evolution can be proved. Until then it is just a theory. And not a very good one at that.
A virus adapting is the DEFINITION of evolution.

Where did you get your information on your incredibly accurate depiction of creation? A book of fiction written centuries ago by people who didn't even discover penicillin or that germs existed? It's so sad (yet somewhat funny) that creationists are so convinced that they are right when they only have one piece of evidence and it's a book written to prove itself correct. They use their same silly book to prove that their silly theories are true without even a single piece of evidence. And yes, it takes a monumentally low IQ to be a creationist. It really does. There's no logic or intelligence behind it whatsoever.

And here's the EVIDENCE FROM FOSSILS OF EVOLVING HUMANS.

 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
 
14,298 posts, read 8,105,288 times
Reputation: 4247
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post

Actually, this statement is so laughable it requires a meme:


One single animal will not evolve into another entirely different animal. Anyone who thinks that is what evolution is has got to be mentally handicapped.

It's called "survival of the fittest", a family pug will survive regardless of its genetic makeup...
However, if a group of pugs was locked in a home for many thousands of years, they'd breed and interbreed until a specific type of pug which was best suited to survive in that environment would "evolve". Essentially if the food were only available to the tallest pug with the longest reach, the tallest pug would be the one that survived and passed on its genetic traits to the next generation. This would repeat until the pugs with long necks and tongues were the result. If those pugs that result from the selective breeding process that isolation forces were released and compared to pugs who had been able to continue on their traditional family dog path, they would not even resemble each other. Just look at what the English Bulldog has become in just a century and you can see how selective breeding can change a creature over a short time...just imagine it over thousands upon thousands of years.

If you accept genetics as fact (you have to, otherwise you're mentally ill), then evolution is obvious. If you introduce new genes into a family, that family changes.
Can you evolve a dog into a tree?

http://img.fast-growing-trees.com/im...oodTree-01.jpg
Okay. a dogwood tree?

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2013 at 03:15 PM..
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM
 
10,357 posts, read 7,974,037 times
Reputation: 4547
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post




One single animal will not evolve into another entirely different animal. Anyone who thinks that is what evolution is has got to be mentally handicapped.

It's called "survival of the fittest", a family pug will survive regardless of its genetic makeup...
However, if a group of pugs was locked in a home for many thousands of years, they'd breed and interbreed until a specific type of pug which was best suited to survive in that environment would "evolve". Essentially if the food were only available to the tallest pug with the longest reach, the tallest pug would be the one that survived and passed on its genetic traits to the next generation. This would repeat until the pugs with long necks and tongues were the result. If those pugs that result from the selective breeding process that isolation forces were released and compared to pugs who had been able to continue on their traditional family dog path, they would not even resemble each other. Just look at what the English Bulldog has become in just a century and you can see how selective breeding can change a creature over a short time...just imagine it over thousands upon thousands of years.

If you accept genetics as fact (you have to, otherwise you're mentally ill), then evolution is obvious. If you introduce new genes into a family, that family changes.
If all creatures share a common ancestor we should find transitional fossils that connect modern groups to their common ancestor. Sure enough, those have been discovered.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2013 at 03:16 PM..
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Land of Thought and Flow
8,323 posts, read 13,494,966 times
Reputation: 4884
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Where is the fossil record showing a species in transition? They don't exist. Evolution cannot be proven. There are plenty of fossils around. Millions in fact. Not one even suggests evolution.

A virus adapting is not evolution. Don't start talking about people with low IQs if that is what you believe.

You Creation deniers crack me up.

Show a record of a species in transition to another species. A different species. Not some silly virus mutation. And then evolution can be proved. Until then it is just a theory. And not a very good one at that.
Perhaps you missed it or are exhibiting willful ignorance, but I already provided you a link in a prior post:

Check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have you seen a family dog evolve into a giraffe? No, it can change based on the genes of his parents, but it will always be a dog.
Check out the link I provided above for OhioRules. If you're actually willing to learn a few things, it's an interesting read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
This is the POC forum, so sometimes we can't take these things literally.
Willful ignorance does not an argument make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
That's what people equate evolution to, attempting to explain the origin of life.
Anyone who equates the Theory of Evolution to attempts at explaining the origin of life is really just saying "I don't understand basic English or Science, nor do I have the capacity or willingness to use Google".
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 AM
 
11,371 posts, read 7,343,866 times
Reputation: 4523
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Can you evolve a dog into a tree?
Can a dog evolve into a tree?

Wow.
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 AM
 
14,298 posts, read 8,105,288 times
Reputation: 4247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So the Theory of relativity you don't believe? Atomic bomb ring a bell?

There is no missing link, there are millions of links. I differ physically then humans did a million years ago, and I'll differ from humans a million years from now.

I know what evolution is, I understand it, I accept that this is how we understand how life changes. Species can change over time, period. Humans simply weren't created from dirt. We evolved from previous versions of humans that were more related to apes. Somewhere there was a deviation in the species, but find that is impossible. There is no one deviation to find.

And yeah, I make fun of people who think that Eve talked to a Snake, and that all humans began from two humans many years ago. Bible doesn't say where the brothers wives came from. Eve was the only recorded woman for a long time, where did all of the other people come from. Then to enforce that view in school, because of some tie to a religious metaphorical story in opposition to a scientific theory that can be tested, seen, and judged, is ridiculous.
The snake was a euphemism for the DNA strand.
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM
 
Location: texas
9,137 posts, read 6,749,237 times
Reputation: 2374
There is a diference between a hypothesis, an axiom, and a postulate.

Evolution is an unproven, but by hypothesis and the scientic method, the theory moves forward or is challenged.

Gravity is unproven; but is an axiom [with obsevation of results] that is accepted by most as true.

Creationism is unproven, but postulated to be correct and true with no further debate or scientific investigation needed.
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM
 
14,298 posts, read 8,105,288 times
Reputation: 4247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Can a dog evolve into a tree?

Wow.
Okay, does it only go one way? Like a tree into a dog? Or can only amoeba evolve into dogs?
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 AM
 
Location: San Diego
993 posts, read 800,857 times
Reputation: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
The problem with evolution is you are teaching children that they are nothing more than another species of animals. Human beings are not animals, and animals are not human beings. An animal has no moral consciousness. It acts out of instinct and programmed behavior.

If evolutionists truly believe that human beings are simply another class of species then they can't say bestiality is immoral and wrong. Evolution strips away our very humanity and degrades things like love and passion to nothing more than chemical reactions in the brain.
Of course, humans are special. All humans have these amazingly developed senses of right and wrong, that's why we're always at peace and there's never any crime. That's why there are child molestors and rapists who can't control themselves. That's why there's spree killers. That's why there's so many people who kill themselves every day with their horrible habits that they "can't help"...like smoking, drinking, overeating, etc.

We act out of instinct and programmed behavior too. You don't think the way we act is programmed by our parents and society? Have you ever been around a 2 year old and seen all the weird things they do? You have to tell them not to eat their boogers or stick their fingers in their butts and smell them. We're more intelligent than all other animals, which is why we're king, but we're still animals nonetheless.

To equate belief in evolution with acceptance of beastiality is a new low for you people though. Wow. Just wow. Cats and snakes are both animals, but they certainly don't mate, so your point is pretty off-the-wall there.
 
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 AM
 
Location: 9851 Meadowglen Lane, Apt 42, Houston Texas
3,178 posts, read 1,692,261 times
Reputation: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So the Theory of relativity you don't believe? Atomic bomb ring a bell?
The theory of relativity has nothing to do with the A-bomb. The theory of relativity depending on how it's used is about how one can go about and "add" velocities (when light is supposedly the fastest speed, in vacuum) or a more general description of gravity (acceleration and gravity are the same). You're thinking of E = mC^2 or better yet E^2 = m^2C^4 + p^2C^2 but even that only gives the theoretical maximum energy that can be released from breaking on atomic bond, not the mechanism. The mechanism is a study in quantum physics and chemistry which Einstein was not a part of.

Anyways, to answer your question, I'm fully aware of something I choose to believe and something I "know." You choose to believe evolution. be honest, you couldn't (without google) even properly articulate the theory, you just believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top