Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I went to private Catholic school and we learned it there in science class.

Religion and Science were kept separate and coexisted quite well in schools.

How can religion and science coexist in your mind?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Therefore, how many different "species" were on Noah's ark?

Estimated Number of Animal and Plant Species | FactMonster.com
Noah's Ark...

I mean really, seriously? People still believe this crap?

Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The fossil record contains fossils of only complete and fully-formed species. There are no fossils of partially-evolved species to indicate that a gradual process of evolution ever occurred. Even among evolutionists there are diametrically different interpretations and reconstructions of the fossils used to support human evolution from a supposed ape-like ancestry.

Even if evolution takes millions and millions of years, we should still be able to see some stages of its process. But, we simply don't observe any partially-evolved fish, frogs, lizards, birds, dogs, cats among us. Every species of plant and animal is complete and fully-formed.

Another problem is how could partially-evolved plant and animal species survive over millions of years when their basic organs and tissues were still in the process of evolving? How, for example, were animals breathing, eating, and reproducing if there respiratory, digestive, and reproductive organs were still evolving?

The fact that animal and plant species are found fully formed and complete in the fossil record is powerful evidence (although not proof) for creation because it is evidence that they came into existence as fully formed and complete which is not possible by evolution. This is only possible with creation.
I am guessing that you did not major in science in college.

Human evolution and missing links (Meet the family) - YouTube

Old 03-17-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You cannot relegate the creator of the universe to a particular place or time.

Besides - we aren't discussing whether God should be taught about in public schools, we are discussing whether evolution should be taught in public schools.

Oddly, many evolution supporters seem unable to grasp that concept, and hence keep going off topic.
What does your God think about evolution being taught in public schools?

Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am guessing that you did not major in science in college.

Human evolution and missing links (Meet the family) - YouTube
Interesting. I read that there was probably some breading between some of these species, especially neanderthal man (though if they could breed then I guess they were not of different species after all). It is interesting how quickly man evolved. That's why I think the theory of how evolution happens needs work. I suspect it has more a more exacting mechanism than a series of random mutations, sex selection and genetic drift.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:16 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
bah-coz it's UN-CLEEN! and OV tha DEV-IL

Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Microevolution is observable and actually happens.

Macroevolution is not observable and does not actually occur.
Remember when the church called Galileo a heretic and would not allow his theory that the earth revolved around the sun to be taught? The church believed the sun revolved around the earth because that was what they "observed" as well as those who wrote about it in the bible.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Noah's Ark...

I mean really, seriously? People still believe this crap?
What "crap"?

Old 03-17-2013, 09:24 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,826 times
Quote:
What "crap"?
That the Law of Evolution is NOT true - That CRAP!!!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
That the Law of Evolution is NOT true - That CRAP!!!
There is no law of evolution - so your inane comment is meaningless.

It amazes me how so many people can be so completely deluded as to believe in such a ridiculous idea such as theory of evolution.

It rightfully boggles the mind of actual rational thinkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies