U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,415 posts, read 28,264,585 times
Reputation: 28995

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Secondly, absolute dating is not reliable. Research has been done that shows it's not reliable because things that we know the date of, within our own lifetimes, has been dated to have a vast range of dates.
Absolute dating with radioisotopes is accurate enough to show that the earth is certainly older than 6000 years.

The method

Then there is this:

Actionbioscience | Accuracy of Fossils and Dating Methods

"Every few years, new geologic time scales are published, providing the latest dates for major time lines. Older dates may change by a few million years up and down, but younger dates are stable. For example, it has been known since the 1960s that the famous Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary, the line marking the end of the dinosaurs, was 65 million years old. Repeated recalibrations and retests, using ever more sophisticated techniques and equipment, cannot shift that date. It is accurate to within a few thousand years. With modern, extremely precise, methods, error bars are often only 1% or so."

 
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,035,723 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Atom and E are real.

An atom has mass and E=m(mass) * c^2(the square of the speed of light).

E was created from Atom's rib - hence the rib of the first atom was clearly = to the square of the speed of light, which combined with the atom's mass, produced E.
When E is harnessed through motion in a closed system(kinetic energy) - she is conserved - which could mean that E is not liberal.
 
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
11,200 posts, read 6,514,988 times
Reputation: 10785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Nonsense.

My dad physically died for a relatively long time before he was resuscitated, and his spirit popped out of his body. It is as it is described by many people who have experienced the same thing.

You can believe atheistic, arrogant "scientists" who in doing such "research" (of which they've never been a part of themselves; they weren't the ones whose physical bodies died) make up "theories" or ideas in order to discredit the existence of an afterlife. Again, one who does so is acting in an ignorant manner, that of an immature mindset. After all, who would try to deny the obvious right in front of one's face?
People describe the same thing when their body is injured because the brain releases the same hallucinogenic chemicals in most people.
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,655,437 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
When you die, you'll know that there is a God.
And when you die, you won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason
If there is no God, which you claim, then how do you account for thousands, yes thousands, of accounts from people who have been declared clinically dead before resuscitation only to encounter the afterlife, in stunning detail, with similarities between them all?
The following ways.

1. Brains under stress behave the same way.

2. "Near death experiences" are often almost identical to drug induced "not near death experiences" or what pilots experience when pulling extraordinary G's.

3. NDE proponents are cherry picking. There are also a large number of "near death experiences" that are not similar at all. One guy played with his dog. Another went golfing. There are reports of NDE trips involving tortures by elves, giants, demons, etc.

4. Clinically dead is not actually dead. Else they would have stayed dead.
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,655,437 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Here's the problem.

Who was living so many "million of years ago" (we know it's really only six thousand years old)? No one.
That problem has been solved for a very very ling time. We have many different methods of radiometric dating and many of them (Potassium-Argon for example) are self calibrating.

I note that you ran away from my previous questions concerning Green River Varves. So I don't expect you to honestly address the real science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason
Secondly, absolute dating is not reliable. Research has been done that shows it's not reliable because things that we know the date of, within our own lifetimes, has been dated to have a vast range of dates.
Different tools are appropriate for different time frames. What you describe occurs when the wrong tools are used. No radiometric dating tools can possibly be used to date things within out own lifetimes. Anybody trying is simply stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason
Lastly, one is assuming the date of a monkey based upon their own preconceived views. It's nothing more than the looking at of history with evolutionary goggles.
Wrong. It's just simple physics.
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,655,437 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
My dad physically died for a relatively long time before he was resuscitated, and his spirit popped out of his body. It is as it is described by many people who have experienced the same thing.
I am quite sure he believed that's what happened. Hallucinations can be very realistic.
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,035,723 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I am quite sure he believed that's what happened. Hallucinations can be very realistic.
Describing evolutionists?
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,894 posts, read 16,275,630 times
Reputation: 12807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Nonsense.

My dad physically died for a relatively long time before he was resuscitated, and his spirit popped out of his body. It is as it is described by many people who have experienced the same thing.

You can believe atheistic, arrogant "scientists" who in doing such "research" (of which they've never been a part of themselves; they weren't the ones whose physical bodies died) make up "theories" or ideas in order to discredit the existence of an afterlife. Again, one who does so is acting in an ignorant manner, that of an immature mindset. After all, who would try to deny the obvious right in front of one's face?
Was he in a hospital being treated by arrogant scientists when he was resuscitated or was this a laying on of hands sort of deal?

I don't deny that people have had these experiences and I do believe that oftentimes there was divine intervention.
I am not, however, so prideful to suggest that science played no part.
Too many seem to want to deny the true majesty of God's hand by limiting it to just that narrow worldview captured by those who left us the Bible. How do you explain the Seven Wonders of the Ancient world, none of which is mentioned in the Bible?
How about Stonehenge or the Great Wall? How about those advances in science that can be attributed directly to discoveries made by the ancient Greeks and again not noted in the Bible?
The truth is that the world is bigger and older, much older, than the Bible. We can see this with our very own eyes.
There were people in China, India, much of Europe when the Bible was being recorded. Do we deny their existence because they aren't mentioned?
Or do we trust what we know to be true?
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,415 posts, read 28,264,585 times
Reputation: 28995
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Different tools are appropriate for different time frames. What you describe occurs when the wrong tools are used. No radiometric dating tools can possibly be used to date things within out own lifetimes.
With certain limitations, some useful information can be obtained:

Applying Carbon-14 Dating to Recent Human Remains | National Institute of Justice
 
Old 03-18-2013, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,655,437 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
With certain limitations, some useful information can be obtained:

Applying Carbon-14 Dating to Recent Human Remains | National Institute of Justice
Very, very cool!!

But the method described in this article is a completely different technique, depending not at all on the half life of the carbon-isotope, but instead on a reference record of atmospheric C-14. The half-life of carbon-14 is 5,73040 years, and so the traditional methods depend on enough time to have passed after death for a percentage of that C-14 to have decayed into nitrogen.

This technique assumes no decay has taken place, and is simply measuring the atmospheric C-14 content at the moments of birth and death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top