U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
 
811 posts, read 824,205 times
Reputation: 461

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Two seperate issues. Originas of life, and Evolution of Speciies.
Actually, they're connected from the evolutionist's point of view. They claim that from non-living matter came bacteria. From bacteria, multi-cellular organisms evolved. A fish became an amphibian. An amphibian became a reptile. A reptile became a bird. A bird became a mammal.

The evolutionist states that a "big bang" happened and that the earth began to form. From this formation, life, as noted above, evolved.

Those who are evolutionists generally hold to the big bang and work both of these non-theories together.

There's all kinds of problems with both non-theories, however, such as the avian lung in claiming that birds came from dinosaurs and reptiles.

 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,657,440 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
In other words, ToE is based solely on conjecture and supposition, not hard testable evidence.
Just like the theory of gravitation.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
 
40,114 posts, read 24,362,017 times
Reputation: 12624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Actually, they're connected from the evolutionist's point of view. They claim that from non-living matter came bacteria. From bacteria, multi-cellular organisms evolved. A fish became an amphibian. An amphibian became a reptile. A reptile became a bird. A bird became a mammal.

The evolutionist states that a "big bang" happened and that the earth began to form. From this formation, life, as noted above, evolved.

Those who are evolutionists generally hold to the big bang and work both of these non-theories together.

There's all kinds of problems with both non-theories, however, such as the avian lung in claiming that birds came from dinosaurs and reptiles.
Abiogenesis and evolution are two separate things.

They aren't connected from the evolutionist's point of view.

People who are opposed to evolution try to link the two, because their arguments about the lack of evidence are fairly strong when it comes to abiogenesis, and they think if they link the two that the evidence argument can be used against evolution. They are wrong. One, the two are separate. And two, there is lots of evidence for evolution.

Just think flu vaccine. EVIDENCE for EVOLUTION. Observable in the lab.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,038,882 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Just like the theory of gravitation.
Gravity can and has been tested.

Ask Isaac.

G*m1m2/r^2
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
 
7,371 posts, read 4,638,742 times
Reputation: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I find it amusing to examine the absoute double-standard "deceivers" apply.

To scientific fact, they apply a "non-disputable" absoute standard,

while they, lacking any evidence whatsoever that their domatic beliefs are true, cast that standard aside and believe whatever evidenceless drivel their religion tells them to believe so as to achieve immortality.

Such intellectual dishonesty is rarely found, much less trumpeted.

It is truly chilling, and a bit scary.
I don't remember anybody saying religion wasn't a matter of faith or saying that God's existence is indisputable. Seems you're engaging in a strawman at the same time as accusing others of intellectual dishonesty.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,657,440 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Actually, they're connected from the evolutionist's point of view.
Actually, no. They're not. It does not matter how life originated. It could have spontaneously sprung from a primordial soup, been seeded by aliens from the Pleiades, or been created by one God or many.

Regardless of how the first living thing came to be, all subsequent living things on earth have are evolved from one or a very few original ancestors through a Darwinian process of descent with modification.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Texas
35,269 posts, read 19,297,794 times
Reputation: 20897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
All species are transitional?

What are you talking about?
Change over time.

Species that exist today didn't exist in the past. And species from the past are no longer present today.

That's what I'm talking about.

Quote:
There is no evidence of transitions, implying that one type of organism became another type of organism. A dog is still a dog. A cat is still a cat, and so on.

God created KINDS, in which it is likely that the environment selected against or for certain existing genes within the originally created kinds. Some environments were better for some traits, whereas other environments were better for other traits. However, all the genetic material, and there is a lot of it, were in the original created kind.

This isn't evolution, but natural selection.

Evolution doesn't exist. It's a fairy tale.

Tell ya what...

Go down to the dock. Hold your hand out and demand that the tide doesn't rise or fall. Observe what happens. Take it as a hint on how much nature listens to opinions.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,124 posts, read 22,038,882 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Regardless of how the first living thing came to be, all subsequent living things on earth have are evolved from one or a very few original ancestors through a Darwinian process of descent with modification.
There is zero evidence t9o support this assertion.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,894 posts, read 13,657,440 times
Reputation: 3949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Gravity can and has been tested.
Exactly like evolution.
 
Old 03-15-2013, 02:44 PM
 
14,298 posts, read 8,112,221 times
Reputation: 4247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Two seperate issues. Originas of life, and Evolution of Speciies.
So if both the evolutionists and creationists thought the origin of life was created by space aliens, this thread probably would not exist, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top