U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 12:16 AM

29,124 posts, read 22,035,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
That you assert that the Law of Evolution is false and that it is unsupportable.
You didn't defend your answer with some supporting evidence.

Reading comprehension is key.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:17 AM

3,742 posts, read 2,592,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Explain.

Until you can rationalize your false premise, we can not move forward in any intellectual sense.

Do you even know a single iota about the people who wrote the Bible?
There were from a long time ago, knew virtually nothing about anything farther than a few hundred miles away, knew nothing of science or what it would discover.

It is broken up into two major parts, the Old Part and the New Part.

While it has some great wisdom in it, some rubes take it literally, much to their dis-service, since little if any of it is literally true.

I've made no false premise to rationalize, I stand by facts discovered by the scientific process by educated observers, which you think is poppycock.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
What scientific method supports the story of Adam and Eve????
You are the one who called it a "fable".

Why don't you explain why you describe it as such?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
You didn't defend your answer with some supporting evidence.

Reading comprehension is key.
Good. Go read some Biology books. the LAW of Evolution is accepted by science. It is still a work-in-progress, but parts are being filled in yearly.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
No.

Yes.
To confirm, you hold as true that man and dinosaur, such as T-Rex, walked the earth at the same moment in time? Yes or No?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 AM

1,127 posts, read 773,591 times
Quote:
You are the one who called it a "fable".

Why don't you explain why you describe it as such?
It's a made up storing conveying a moral. Sounds like a fable to me. What scientific evidence supports the story?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
There were from a long time ago, knew virtually nothing about anything farther than a few hundred miles away, knew nothing of science or what it would discover.

It is broken up into two major parts, the Old Part and the New Part.

While it has some great wisdom in it, some rubes take it literally, much to their dis-service, since little if any of it is literally true.

I've made no false premise to rationalize, I stand by facts discovered by the scientific process by educated observers, which you think is poppycock.
Defend the bolded passages, please.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Defend the bolded passages, please.
They were from thousands of years ago, that is fact.

They had yet to invent the Jetliner at that time, so their "world" was very limited.

They has yet to invent so much as a microscope, so their knowledge of science was minimal.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2013 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Good. Go read some Biology books. the LAW of Evolution is accepted by science. It is still a work-in-progress, but parts are being filled in yearly.
I read biology books in both high school and college.

The high school class taught evolution. I was smart enough to realize that it was a faulty theory, but I wasn't mature enough to understand the concept of passive protest, so I answered the questions on the exams "correctly" , and passed the class.

In college, I had more freedom about what I could choose for a science class(though I realized later that I could have taken chemistry or physics in high school - and avoided having to dissect worms and frogs, or learn the false theory of evolution) so I chose a natural history class.

The professor was a typical liberal. He aggressively pushed the idea that global warming is "man-made".

He went so far as to make a "freebie" question on his exam read "Global warming is caused by the action of human beings" - True - (A) - entirely ignoring that this is a controversial topic currently under global debate.

All I had to do to get the point was fill in the only available circle - (A) - the rest of the questions has options of (A), (B), (C), and (D) , with the exception of the essay questions where we had to truly prove that we understood the taught material.

I left that global warming question blank - in protest.

I passed the class - and let the dean know my dissatisfaction when we were asked to rate our professor.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
To confirm, you hold as true that man and dinosaur, such as T-Rex, walked the earth at the same moment in time? Yes or No?
Yes, of course they did.

No one with a rational brain cell active in their cranium believes otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies