Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Where is the fossil record showing a species in transition? They don't exist. Evolution cannot be proven. There are plenty of fossils around. Millions in fact. Not one even suggests evolution.

A virus adapting is not evolution. Don't start talking about people with low IQs if that is what you believe.

You Creation deniers crack me up.

Show a record of a species in transition to another species. A different species. Not some silly virus mutation. And then evolution can be proved. Until then it is just a theory. And not a very good one at that.

Every species is transitional.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Natural selection (what you are referring to) occurs in nature, the problem is that natural selection itself is not a creative force. Natural selection can only work with those biological variations that are possible. The evidence from genetics supports only the possibility for horizontal evolution (i.e. varieties of dogs, cats, horses, cows, etc.) but not vertical evolution (i.e. from fish to human). Unless Nature has the ability to perform genetic engineering vertical evolution is impossible.

And there is nothing that suggests nature can perform genetic engineering.
Well yeah, a dog is not going to evolve into a tree. A dog will always be a dog, as opposed to a fish or a plant fungus.

But when school children study evolution, are they studying how life began, or just how it evolves? I don't know much about creationism, but doesn't it also include some form of evolution?

Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Well yeah, a dog is not going to evolve into a tree. A dog will always be a dog, as opposed to a fish or a plant fungus.

But when school children study evolution, are they studying how life began, or just how it evolves? I don't know much about creationism, but doesn't it also include some form of evolution?

Yes, it does.

The book of genesis itself gives an outline of evolution, with simpler organisms appearing before the more complex.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Every species is transitional.
I think everyone agrees to that.

The evolutionists claim that species have changed into other species. And there is no proof that has ever happened.

It's just speculation. And since they have found millions of fossils from the time all this allegedly happened without any evidence of a species turning into another species I would say it's bs.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have you seen a family dog evolve into a giraffe? No, it can change based on the genes of his parents, but it will always be a dog.
Did I say a dog could evolve into a giraffe? My example was larger or smaller birds, of different colors, shapes, which is the evolution of a species.

I think our DNA only allows mutations in certain directions.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:13 AM

83 posts, read 95,011 times
The problem with evolution is you are teaching children that they are nothing more than another species of animals. Human beings are not animals, and animals are not human beings. An animal has no moral consciousness. It acts out of instinct and programmed behavior.

If evolutionists truly believe that human beings are simply another class of species then they can't say bestiality is immoral and wrong. Evolution strips away our very humanity and degrades things like love and passion to nothing more than chemical reactions in the brain.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
And you can't prove that creation is just a myth. Both theories should be presented as just that: theories. Suggesting that those who ascribe to the creation theory are delusional is a bit insulting don't you think?
A scientific theory is an explanation of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers.

So we no longer talk about the theory of gravity: it's a fact.
Or the atomic theory: we know they exist.
Or germ theory: we've seen them.

Evolution has two fundamental processes:
- changes within a lineage
- formation of new lineages (split of existing lineages)

There are two important principles of evolution:
- natural selection (which produces the appearance of design)
- common ancestry - result of splitting lineages from one ancestral life form

From these tenets scientists make predictions, and then look for evidence.
Most of the predictions from evolution theory have been confirmed, and continue to be confirmed.

As for creationism on the other hand, there is no evidence that humans evolved in the manner described in the Bible for example.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:15 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
[quote=OICU812;28648259]Well yeah, a dog is not going to evolve into a tree. A dog will always be a dog, as opposed to a fish or a plant fungus.

But when school children study evolution, are they studying how life began, or just how it evolves? I don't know much about creationism, but doesn't it also include some form of evolution?[/quote]

I just picked up the Bible and read the part about God creating the earth.

He says he created species. Nothing I saw would suggest evolution.

I admit, I'm not a Bible expert either.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:15 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
'cause God didn't say we evolutioned from em er' monkey's. I don't look like no monkey

(sarcasam alert)

Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED View Post
The problem with evolution is you are teaching children that they are nothing more than another species of animals. Human beings are not animals, and animals are not human beings. An animal has no moral consciousness. It acts out of instinct and programmed behavior.

If evolutionists truly believe that human beings are simply another class of species then they can't say bestiality is immoral and wrong. Evolution strips away our very humanity and degrades things like love and passion to nothing more than chemical reactions in the brain.
To me the primary consciousness that defines humans is knowledge of mortality. Humans know they will die. Whereas, although there is no way to know, it is hard to picture that a cat for example, knows that in roughly 12 to 18 years it will die.

I don't see how knowing that we are a highly evolved, complex creature takes away from human dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies