Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,914,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Bunk.
What is bunk?

That there is nothng wrong with the scientific method, or that my field of expertise is electronics?

Defend you answer with some supportive evidence.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,059,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
There is nothing wrong with the scientific method.

My field of expertise is electronics - I am well acquainted with the scientific method.

The scientific method was abandoned in the presentation of the theory of evolution.
Why is that the only people who object to the Law of Evolution, either as the Law of Nature it is, or the teaching thereof, are religion zealots so saturated in their dogma that they believe things, literally, like a great flood, creationism, 6,000 year old earth. Dinosaurs and man on earth at the same time, etc.

Your real objection to the Law of Evolution is that it contradicts creationism pseudo-science. Be honest and answer these few questions.

Do you believe the earth is only a few thousand years old - perhaps 6,000 years or thereabout?

Do you believe all life forms came into being at the same time, and that Dinosaurs and man co-existed on the planet at the same time?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
As opposed to the scientific method utilized in the fable of Adam and Eve???
What "fable" of Adam and Eve?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
What is bunk?

That there is nothng wrong with the scientific method, or that my field of expertise is electronics?

Defend you answer with some supportive evidence.
That you assert that the Law of Evolution is false and that it is unsupportable.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 AM

1,127 posts, read 901,157 times
Quote:
What scientific method supports the story of Adam and Eve????

Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
And working in radio shack does not make one an engineer.
I have never worked at Radio Shack nor did I ever say that I was an engineer.

I am a very good electronics technician and I could be an electrical/electronics engineer if I pursued further education in that area.

As you may know from other posts, I am currently pursuing a history degree and plan to later study law.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Are there more than one?

Well it is like this. Sky-daddy made the earth and was lonely and created a Man and gave him the distinctly western name "Adam". He then ripped out a rib of Adam and made a female companion, also with a distinctly modern and western name "Eve". They lived in a garden named Eden until a talking snake convinced them to eat a piece of fruit from the sky-daddy's favorite tree, and which point sky-daddy got peeved and make life miserable for all creatures, man and beast, ever to live on earth - well at least until he decides enough is enough and welcome some of them into a groovy place called heaven to live for Trillions of years in absolute boredom.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:11 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,444,592 times
Quote:
KidKaos did not say one iota about magic.
Yeah, he termed Creationism magic. Saying "it's magic" is pretty much the same as saying "there is no explanation" and there are no rules. Whereas saying "it's Creationism" does involve a specific set of rules/beliefs about how God created the world. So they really aren't the same to my way of thinking. I tried to point that out, but basically I just went with the magic thing for the sake of the discussion. It wasn't really relevant to whether identical ERVs proved anything or not so it wasn't worth disputing.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
They weren't scientists thats for sure
How do you know?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Do you believe the earth is only a few thousand years old - perhaps 6,000 years or thereabout?
No.

Quote:
Do you believe all life forms came into being at the same time, and that Dinosaurs and man co-existed on the planet at the same time?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies