Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 04:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yea and I am an astronaut on the internet.

Evolution is the basis of modern biology, yet you pick and choose what to believe.
Why?

Because evolutionists tell you so?

Why do you subscribe to circular "reasoning"?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm a six foot four Scandanavian supermodel.
In other words, you are very unattractive.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why?

No actually biologists, biochemists, and molecular biologists told me.

Quote:
http://blogforthelordjesuscurrenteve...-the-cycle.jpg
That's funny coming from you......

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2013 at 04:50 AM..

Old 03-22-2013, 04:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Hey Harrier.... got any response about how oil and gas is formed? What about diamonds? How do those fit into your young earth?

Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Hey Harrier.... got any response about how oil and gas is formed? What about diamonds? How do those fit into your young earth?
Easy! God said let there be oil and it was!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Easy! God said let there be oil and it was!!!

Why did he make some of it extremely toxic to all life forms, effervescent with poison gas. Was that a booby trap of his? Sounds like the work of a SICKO if you ask me.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:13 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I do buy scientific theories(Newtonian gravity)...
Without having read Principia Mathematica? Oh dear. And to think you were -ing dv1033 about not having read TOoS. I guess if having standards is good, having a double standard is even better.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Why?

Explain how he subscribed to circular reasoning in what he just said. I'm very curious where you got circular reasoning from that.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:45 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
There is nothing wrong with teaching evolution as a theory, along with creation as a theory. Neither should be taught as proven fact, because both are unproveable.
The Law of Evolution is fact. Creationism is mythology - not to taught as anything but.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:05 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This isn't a case of my "feelings", nor are you in the position to speak for the scientific community at large
Feelings is all you got on the matter. Nor did I presume to speak for the community at large. All I did was point out that your straw manning of that community in no way matches what they have actually done or said. Misrepresenting the claims of evolution is not, and will likely never be, an argument against it. Try as you might.

I repeat again if you are personally upset that a particular label fits you and something else you so desperately want to feel yourself above and beyond... then that is your problem and yours alone. It is certainly not a problem of the label. Nor of Evolution Theory.

Quote:
What a silly person you are
So insults and ad hominem are arguments now are they? I am sorry but I left this level of discussion and debate behind when I was a 9 year old on the school yard. If you want to debunk my points great. If you want to ignore my points and just throw around invective.... that says more about you and nothing about me.

The point you so desperately avoided and ignored is that classing ourselves as another animal contains no value judgement. We ARE just another animal. If "animal" is the label you are using. That fact is entirely separate from the differences between us. It merely groups us based on the similarities inherent in the label. If those similarities terrify you so... then that's your problem not ours.

Quote:
What a patronizing bunch you people are ... with your arrogant delusions of grandeur, and elitist mentality.

Quote:
The theory of evolution, as originally hypothesized by Darwin has been subject to continuous changes and realignments and reformations to fit each new discovery and new piece of evidence problematic to the original theory
This is a good place to start your above mentioned quest to actually start understanding that of which you speak. ALL of science is about reforming Theory to fit each new discovery and each piece of new data. That is exactly what science is. Grasp that and that alone and you will have left this thread a better and moree educated man than you entered it as all the rest of the post from this point on is predicated on pretty much the same errors in thinking.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2013 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies