Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg7854 View Post
Bwahahahahaha! That is the biggest crock of 5hit I've ever heard from anyone on here. You pontificate about civil liberties, and these are the same people that aren't the least bit concerned about keeping guns away from children and think any rights given to gays or minorities is a threat to white Christians. What is some fascist like you doing living in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Very nice, Heisenberg--"pontificate" is quite the impressive verb usuage for such a cognitively deficient blowhard.

So as if it weren't enough that you've effectively advocated the mass-slaughter of your political opponents, you also lack the intellectual integrity to not make idiotic assumptions about my political views regarding minority rights (and I can assure you that mine are far, far more liberal than yours are). Your exploitation of dead children is equally inept, predictable though it is.

Quote:
What is some fascist like you doing living in the San Francisco Bay Area?
I do not and would not live within 100 miles of the SF Bay area--where the hell does that come from?

As for my being a "fascist," well, such an accusation immediately leads me to the conclusion that I've simply stumbled upon a crypto-Bolshevik from Austin (go figure).

Lucky for me, though, this particular Bolshevik is an elementary-grade lightweight who destroys themself through the debating process before I even have a chance to respond, "bwahahahahahaha!"

Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times
Who'd be willing to pay five grand for a CWP, asks Heisenberg?

Well, rich liberals of course.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Here's what I think they should do. I think guns should be taxed out the wazoo. I say they tax each and every firearm at least 10%. I think they should do the same with every magazine/clip. In the meantime, I think every single bullet should be taxed at least $1 while concealed handgun licenses cost about $5000. That way all those gun nuts out there who "love their freedom" will know first hand that freedom isn't free. Imagine how much debt that would pay off. If you know anyone out there willing to pay five-grand for a concealed handgun license, you be sure to let me know.
Is your goal to save lives or simply make it more expensive to buy, own, and use a gun? They are not the same thing.

Since alcohol contributes to far more deaths in the US than firearms, why wouldn't you focus public policy on alcohol than firearms? Or what about obesity and cardiovascular disease? They cause far more deaths than guns do.

Your rant against guns is just personal. It clearly isn't directed at an activity that improves American lives.

As an educated person who apparently pays attention to public policy issues you should also realize that egregious taxes on anything are likely to create enormous black markets for these items. The economic incentive will suddenly be created to acquire ammunition through non-legal sources.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Keep in mind, probably more than 60% of Congress is owned by the gun industry.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Keep in mind, probably more than 60% of Congress is owned by the gun industry.
You mean more than 60% of congress support the civil rights of all Americans as outlined in the bill of rights.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
I'm not endangering anybody's lives by typing on my computer and stating facts. Nice try, but strawman arguments hold no water.
The pen is mightier than the sword, as somebody once said.

Electronic communications devices are used these days start civil unrest, revolutions, & wars.....not to mention being used by terrorists all over.

Nice try at evading the truth.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
If someone out there can come up with all the evil tyrants that have taken away our individual liberties compared to all the psychopaths out there who've mowed down innocent people, I'm all ears. Nobody in Washington as far as I'm concerned has ever gone out of their way to do that save for all the biblethumpers and teahadists trying to outlaw abortion and gay marriages. Maybe we should start offing them. If someone went on a shoot rampage and killed several members of the NRA, I wouldn't bat an eye. The NRA is a terrorist organization in my book. They have more blood on their hands than the IRA. Timothy McVeigh was a member of the NRA. Remember him?

dont worry, I think the SPLC is a terrorist organization as well, plus the NAACP, moveon.org, democratic underground, and quite a few other groups too.

the reason people dont go shooting at NRA members, is that they know that they will be getting shot back at.

why would a criminal want that, they would rather choose someplace that liberals just love to be defenseless. such as schools or some other liberal utopia.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, I saw Schindler's List, too. The Nazis also wanted to do away with labor unions and minimum wage. Not to mention, they thought anyone who wasn't White Protestant was garbage. Sound familiar? Oh, and by the way, FDR was also a Democrat. So was Harry Truman, and they both helped defeat totalitarianism in Europe. Straw man arguments nine times out of ten never hold any water.

yep, and they also helped write some of the most abusive firearms laws too.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Please! You are so full of it. If Wayne LaPierre was as mushy as you think he is, would've at least offered his condolences to the families of those children in Newtown, Connecticut. Instead like all the other gun nuts, they think it's so horrible that Obama wants to run background checks on people who buy firearms. You see to them and people like you, it's not such a big deal when they run all those voter ID laws to force minorities out of the polls all to keep your white privilege. It's not wrong to focus on something so inconsequential like gay marriages, yet it's an invasion of our civil liberties to drop the hammer and enforce gun control.

why should he offer his condolences? the human is the one that murdered, not the firearm. would you have been happier if the person went from classroom to classrom carrying a machete doing his murdering? he would have gotten just as far if he would have.

I believe in no gun control at all, not 1 single law. no criminal will follow the law in the 1st place, and that means that the laws are only on the books to effect the already law abiding citizen. just as washington dc likes it.

they dont give a crap about the criminal. if they did, then every felon caught by the NICS would have been prosecuted for trying to buy a firearm.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not endangering anybody's lives by typing on my computer and stating facts. Nice try, but strawman arguments hold no water.

what facts? you mean those by very biased groups such as any democrat organization?

here is one for you. why dont you tell one of my classes of women that they should not be armed with the best firearms they can buy and use in their protection?

most of the women in my firearms classes are victims of rape. I would like to see you get ripped on by women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies