Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The left promoted class warfare. Is the left now promoting age warfare now? Remember, it may seem like along time but you will hopefully be old too. If you are not, you died before you got to old age. Get off the old people.
The left and the right are engaging in class warfare which is why both sides are completely worthless . Both betray American principles as we began.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The left and the right are engaging in class warfare which is why both sides are completely worthless . Both betray American principles as we began.
gwynedd1, you always write (short sentences) to make claims but you never back it up with an explanation.

And in all my years I never recall a time a president who has pitted against the other like Obama has done, encouraging hatred within our own country. I never saw a president who said on the campaign trail.. vote for revenge. Sorry but all I see is hatred and a power grab from Obama, Democrats and Liberals. I have not seen anything from Obama that makes it any better for middle class Americans. Just a grab for more money and for more failed green energy investing.

Obama said "middle class Americans will not pay one more dime in taxes".

ALSO do note, the richer "are" getting richer while the poor and the middle class continue to struggle.

So you continue to defend Obama WHY?

Last edited by petch751; 03-17-2013 at 03:29 PM..

Old 03-17-2013, 03:28 PM

And gwynedd1, I also want to mention that when 2014 elections come around Obama and the democrats will get louder with fear mongering and attacking the opponent, they will get louder in telling you once again that they are in it for the middle class and the poor. The volume will increase the closer we get. They are already attacking.

And by the way, the White House is closed but you can pay $500,000.00.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
That point of view is political and entirely based upon our accounting principles. If it were private, it could easily be proven in many cases to generate income. Now suppose we allow a bridge to collapse. If 20 cars fall into the bay, 10 people die while 10 other go to the hospital, then hospitals and funeral directors will report profits. It also might be good for the auto industry since we will need 10 more cars.

You mean like private housing?

Another place where I agree with Keynes. He noticed that we either calculate a profit or just run welfare. He more or less mused that we are against a subsidized interest rate on a public project, but that charity leaves that perspective entirely. So in other words with all these unemployment extensions, it would have been nice to get a bridge out of it.
How does a government bridge raise revenue? Most infrastructure projects aren't funded by general tax dollars but by public bonds. The taxes fund maintenance at best. That cost is mostly labor.

Keynes was last relevant in the 30's. Ironic that he believed the long-standing classical models were outdated by a century, noting that as economies and societies develop, so must our economic models and theory. Here we are almost 100 years later, a global economy, instant financial trading, complex derivatives, hedges, etc etc etc , yet people still cling to the notion that spending money you don't have so that people have jobs so that you can tax them is sound theory.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
yet people still cling to the notion that spending money you don't have so that people have jobs so that you can tax them is sound theory.
That is a power grab and money grab theory.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
My comment was directed towards the people who say all young people are entitled and lazy for not taking any grunt jobs they can find. It's not that we won't take them, it's that they don't exist anymore, in most cases. Or, they are scooped up by older people. Which I know for a fact. As a result of this, we are now SHUT OUT of the market. Next time you go eat at a fast food joint, ask the manager how many applications they have on file and remember this post.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
My comment was directed towards the people who say all young people are entitled and lazy for not taking any grunt jobs they can find. It's not that we won't take them, it's that they don't exist anymore, in most cases. Or, they are scooped up by older people. Which I know for a fact. As a result of this, we are now SHUT OUT of the market. Next time you go eat at a fast food joint, ask the manager how many applications they have on file and remember this post.
And the next time you try to find a job remember how you bit the employers hand by voting for higher taxes. See, who lost? YOU!

Of those who have a job and thought that voting for Obama to raise taxes was cool, go in and tell the business owner work for that you voted to raise their taxes, then ask for a raise LOLOLOL

Old 03-17-2013, 06:31 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
I never voted in my life. I'm only 23 years old. Why should I? This whole country is corrupt. Always has been. The whole process of LOOKING FOR JOBS in this country has always been corrupt. People getting jobs just because they know the manager. Employers discriminating against race, disability, age and gender and getting away with it. All corruption.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
Where are you located?

Old 03-17-2013, 06:41 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
gwynedd1, you always write (short sentences) to make claims but you never back it up with an explanation.

And in all my years I never recall a time a president who has pitted against the other like Obama has done, encouraging hatred within our own country. I never saw a president who said on the campaign trail.. vote for revenge. Sorry but all I see is hatred and a power grab from Obama, Democrats and Liberals. I have not seen anything from Obama that makes it any better for middle class Americans. Just a grab for more money and for more failed green energy investing.

Obama said "middle class Americans will not pay one more dime in taxes".

ALSO do note, the richer "are" getting richer while the poor and the middle class continue to struggle.

So you continue to defend Obama WHY?
Really? "Welfare queens"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies