Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It takes money to move. How are you going to get money together without any coming in from wages?
Your emergency fund?

Old 03-15-2013, 12:33 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Your emergency fund?
Nice joke! What emergency fund?! Most of America lives paycheck to paycheck these days. How do you build one up without a job?

Old 03-15-2013, 02:16 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Nice joke! What emergency fund?! Most of America lives paycheck to paycheck these days. How do you build one up without a job?
I wrote out a long response only to have the forum give me a "down for maintainence" message and erase it, but the short answer is to be better than everyone else. Too many Americans of all ages expect to have things come to them, whether it's a middle-class job right out of high school, a high-paying job right out of college, or welfare if they're too lazy to do any of it.
If you're highly motivated in whatever you do, whether it's customer service, flipping burgers, nursing, engineering, whatever...you will prosper. If you expect to have everything handed to you (like many of my collegiate classmates, who are a microcosm of society as a whole), you'll find yourself out in the cold at some point...and probably blaming everyone but yourself when that day comes.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Everyone has an emergency fund. Anyone living paycheck to paycheck is spending too much.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Everyone has an emergency fund. Anyone living paycheck to paycheck is spending too much.
QFT

The problem is too many people are purchasing things that aren't necessities. I personally know of some people who are struggling to make ends meet but still planning vacations to Disney and have bought two iPads It has become all about appearing to have money when in reality the past due bills are piling up on people.

Everyone should be putting money towards savings. No such thing as "can't afford to do it". Instead of purchasing that soda, coffee or renting a movie, buying that new cute shirt- toss the money into a savings account/emergency fund.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
You Boomers are clueless. Completely clueless as to the Economic situation we have right now.

Just stop talking to my generation. We've heard enough.

All I've read for the past 5 pages is arrogance, unrealistic scenarios, insults, and denial.

Edit: And you can save all of that "lazy, spoiled, entitled" ish and leave it. I was hungry 2 years ago.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:04 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You Boomers are clueless. Completely clueless as to the Economic situation we have right now.

Just stop talking to my generation. We've heard enough.

All I've read for the past 5 pages is arrogance, unrealistic scenarios, insults, and denial.
And your generation is clueless about whom you vote into office and the consequences. But you are feeling it with BO and now you want to cry about having no opportunity in life. Elections have consequences.

And btw...don't attempt to blame Bush. That is getting really old and making a lot of people look really bad.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It wasn't just me who had a poor upbringing.

I am just saying that I am not sympathetic to the older generation that says the new generation is lazy, because the older generation had the responsibility of raising the younger one.
Cut me a break.
My parents sucked; everyone's parents sucked.
That's life.
Get over it and move on.
That's what adults do.

I didn't raise you; I didn't raise anyone.
And certainly not entitled brats.

I grew up in an alcoholic home and was neglected and occasionally beaten.
Funny, I grew up, found my way, etc.
Millions of other people have the same experience.
We acknowledged and moved on.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
And your generation is clueless about whom you vote into office and the consequences. But you are feeling it with BO and now you want to cry about having no opportunity in life. Elections have consequences.

And btw...don't attempt to blame Bush. That is getting really old and making a lot of people look really bad.
Come on. Now your blaming Obama getting elected on a "generation?" After all of the destruction that's been done to families and Americans at the hands of social issues??

No, look at yourself. Obama is the result of the Republican Party blowing their shot at fiscal responsibility.

Those are the 2 reasons Obama got elected.

But please stick to the topic. I hate partisan hacks.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Cut me a break.
My parents sucked; everyone's parents sucked.
That's life.
Get over it and move on.
That's what adults do.

I didn't raise you; I didn't raise anyone.
And certainly not entitled brats.

I grew up in an alcoholic home and was neglected and occasionally beaten.
Funny, I grew up, found my way, etc.
Millions of other people have the same experience.
We acknowledged and moved on.
The issue with the Economy isn't about how YOU fare. The issues are that its not sustainable and that there are not enough jobs.

That's what you Boomers seem to be missing.

I mean honestly, if your trying to help. Then damnit help. Come down from your high horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies