Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
How many times has Ed's employees gone on strike? That would indicate what kind of boss he is compared to your twisted logic.
I have no idea. They may go on strike every 5 minutes or never at all. Unions rarely go on strike anymore.

What twisted logic? My entire life the left has told me that unions are there to protect workers from bad bosses.

That without unions we wouldn't have weekends, we'd be getting slave wages, 5 year olds would be working, women couldn't get a job abd it goes on and on and on.

If that is true, then why is it "twisted logic" to think Shultz would be a bad boss without the union. If he did right by the working man then they wouldn't need to unionize.

So which is it? Is Ed a greedy, evil businessman that doesn't care about workers or have the left and unions been lying to us all these years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,035,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
I have no idea. They may go on strike every 5 minutes or never at all. Unions rarely go on strike anymore.

What twisted logic? My entire life the left has told me that unions are there to protect workers from bad bosses.

That without unions we wouldn't have weekends, we'd be getting slave wages, 5 year olds would be working, women couldn't get a job abd it goes on and on and on.

If that is true, then why is it "twisted logic" to think Shultz would be a bad boss without the union. If he did right by the working man then they wouldn't need to unionize.

So which is it? Is Ed a greedy, evil businessman that doesn't care about workers or have the left and unions been lying to us all these years?
Schultz HIRED UNIONIZED WORKERS, they didn't unionize AFTER he hired them!

Old 03-14-2013, 06:04 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He SAYS he does....meanwhile, he's a 1% hypocrite.

Between his radio show and TV he earns $4 million a year. Plenty of dough to start a manufacturing plant and pay people a "living wage".

Notice how none of these leftie wacko's do so?
From my favorite economist:

"Which brings me to the subject of this post, the apparently equally misunderstood concept of hypocrisy. I’ve been getting some personal attacks on this front, but it’s a bigger issue than that. Here’s the personal version: suppose that you’re a professor/columnist who advocates higher taxes on high incomes and a stronger social safety net — but you yourself earn enough from various sources that you will pay some of those higher taxes and are unlikely to rely on that stronger safety net. A remarkable number of people look at that combination of personal and political positions and cry “Hypocrisy!”

Wait — it’s not just about me and the wingnuts. If you remember the 2004 election, which unfortunately I do, there were quite a few journalists who basically accused John Kerry of being “inauthentic” because he was a rich man advocating policies that would help the poor and the middle class. Apparently you can only be authentic if your politics reflect pure personal self-interest — Mitt Romney is Mr. Natural.

So to say what should be obvious but apparently isn’t: supporting policies that are to your personal financial disadvantage isn’t hypocrisy — it’s civic virtue!"

Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He basically suffered from low rating and that is what happens when you have low rating.
I heard today that his ratings were fine and that is why the news industry was somewhat surprised. However, rumour has it that newer, brighter, faces will replace him.

I liked Ed - to a point. Well, definitely more than Al Sharpton but . . he is a left wing partisan hack; no different than O'Reilly and Hannity - perhaps a tad less strident.

I think I read all this on Yahoo so take it with a big grain of salt.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:18 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
It seems the news portion is moving toward wonks, like Ezra Klein and Chris Hayes. Shultz represents the populist movement, not that that's bad. Ezra, like me, can't go a day without a graph.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:47 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
They are all a bunch of nuts over there on MSNBC.. wow, how they can spin!! They were trying to make John Kerry look good for saying our soldiers were savage killers.. they were explaining how John Kerry calling our soldiers barbarians it shortened the Vietnam war.. they are truly a sick bunch of creeps on MSNBC.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 PM

340 posts, read 495,531 times
Something stinks in Denmark. This is a clear demotion. He said it was his choice but I think that is smoke and mirrors.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,035,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
Something stinks in Denmark. This is a clear demotion. He said it was his choice but I think that is smoke and mirrors.
He'll probably get a bigger audience in his new time slot, there's nothing else worth watching on tv on Saturday and Sunday evenings between 5 and 7pm.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They are all a bunch of nuts over there on MSNBC.. wow, how they can spin!! They were trying to make John Kerry look good for saying our soldiers were savage killers.. they were explaining how John Kerry calling our soldiers barbarians it shortened the Vietnam war.. they are truly a sick bunch of creeps on MSNBC.
so Kerry and MSNBC cant say it , but you can watch any WW2, Vietnam, korean documentary and hear hundreds of soldiers say the same thing ?

Old 03-14-2013, 11:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
He is a flat out retard who is a pathological liar and shows symptoms of sociopathy.

He belongs on an island full of cannibals as the guest of honor.
Where's your PROOF that he is a "pathological liar" and "shows symptoms of sociopathy"? Easy to throw out words like that but not so easy to prove. Have you done any psychological testing of Ed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies