Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Read everything I've written on Iran.

I'll rehash the salient points here.

You cannot vilify a moderate.

If the rest of the world attacked Obama the way the Bush Administration attacked Khatami publicly in the global media, Americans would have elected anyone but Obama. The personal attacks by the Bush Administration made the moderate President Khatami appear weak and effeminate in the eyes of Iranians and they naturally responded by electing an hard-liner like Ahmadinejad.

Iran will hold presidential elections this year. Iran has a two-term limitation just like the US. Ahmadinejad cannot run for re-election.

Since controlling Iran in order to have unfettered air, rail, road and sea access to Central Asia is crucial to the success of US Geo-political strategy, the US cannot allow a moderate to be elected, since that would delay the invasion of Iran by as much as 8 years.

That's 8 years worth of oil and natural gas wells, plus pipelines being built to transport Central Asian oil and natural gas to China, Russia and Europe, where it will be sold in Rubles or Euros, but not in US Dollars.

Invading Iran to control Central Asia is (according to the US) the only possible way the US can avoid future serious economic problems.

I guess Democrats are okay with the fact that Clinton didn't give the North Koreans one nuclear reactor, he gave them two plutonium producing nuclear reactors.

Besides, making threats is one thing, having the ability to carry out the threat is something else.

Why don't you impress us and tell us what kind of "nukes" North Korea has?

Unilaterally...

Mircea
I'm guessing that they're quite limited in their capability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 11:56 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It seems Israel's been telling us for years that Iran was months away from getting nukes producing nothing but saber-rattling from the right. And NOW it's an issue when Obama says something?

But if he does lead us into yet another asinine war of choice I hope impeachment papers are on his desk within 48 hours.
Indeed. I swear I've been hearing since high school that Iran is close to having a nuke. I graduated high school in 1991. just more chicken little BS. Just like all those so-called WMDs in Iraq, right? BTW... did we ever find them?

Old 03-16-2013, 01:10 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It seems Israel's been telling us for years that Iran was months away from getting nukes producing nothing but saber-rattling from the right. And NOW it's an issue when Obama says something?
Well it is no different from liberals complaining when a conservative has an extramarital affair. They work themselves up over how horrible it is for someone espousing family values to then commit an immoral act. It's hypocrisy they shout. So I see no problem with conservatives doing the same thing to liberals. If liberals are going to complain about Bush's sabre rattling then they shouldn't be rattling sabres themselves.

Quote:
But if he does lead us into yet another asinine war of choice I hope impeachment papers are on his desk within 48 hours.
He has never been held accountable for any of the things he has done that Bush was excoriated for so I don't see why it would change now.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 AM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama the deranged is the most dangerous man on the planet.
Narcissistic psychotic warmonger. The worse part is he commands the most powerful army in the world. For now he'll use drones to kill but he will get bolder and more aggressive. It's just a matter of time. By the end of this term he will make Bush look like Mother Theresa.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
So I guess Republicans are ok with Kim Jong Ill of North Korea threatening to nuke America?

There was suppose to be a defense against that completed in 2009.
Obama dropped the plan the Bush instated.
Now it will take 2-3 years to catch up.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Well it is no different from liberals complaining when a conservative has an extramarital affair. They work themselves up over how horrible it is for someone espousing family values to then commit an immoral act. It's hypocrisy they shout. So I see no problem with conservatives doing the same thing to liberals. If liberals are going to complain about Bush's sabre rattling then they shouldn't be rattling sabres themselves.
BULLS**T! The right has espoused 'family values' for years and those like Newt Gingrich deserve to branded as the hypocrites they are. Tha'ds considerably different tna the fact the righyt has accepted Israel's cries for years that Iran was close to having nukes and NOW it's an issue when Obama says the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
He has never been held accountable for any of the things he has done that Bush was excoriated for so I don't see why it would change now.
Nixon, Reagan, or Bush were NEVER held responsible for the things they did, I guess you don't see that when you look at only one side of the coin, eh? Step up to really, they all pretty much suck and live by different standards than the average Joe, and that's both sides of the aisle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies