Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,499,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Wyoming isn't hip or safe. They have guns there.
Convince 290,000 Flaming liberals to move and they'll change that.

Another name idea: Brokeback City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 01:38 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,920,471 times
Go convince em then. You be the leader of this grand Wyoming liberal grab. Just don't rent too many buses cause not many will follow you. Like I said it's not hip. They can't impress their little friends. You might get a few to join you in brokeback city as that name will impress some. Not many though.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,443,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
The population of Wyoming is 580,000
The population of San Francisco is 7.6 million.

If we can convince just 4% of San Franciscans to move Wyoming, then the Democrats would pick up 2 more Senators and a Representative. All we would have to do is buy up several hundred acres of land dirt cheap, line up some DNC major contributors to provide funding, then incorporate and build a town.

I'm thinking somewhere between Cody and Thermopolis: Both have airports and are near Yellowstone National Park and Indian reservations for gambling.

Otherwise Rock Springs; it's off of I-80 with direct access to SLC, they have an airport AND and intergalactic spaceport nearby.
The population of San Francisco is actually just about 812,000, you're referring to the population of every county in the Bay Area and every county adjacent to the Bay Area.

But, can you tell more about this intergalactic spaceport?

Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,016,360 times
Quote:
Dom't retire in these liberal "utopias".
I wom't.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,499,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The population of San Francisco is actually just about 812,000, you're referring to the population of every county in the Bay Area and every county adjacent to the Bay Area.

But, can you tell more about this intergalactic spaceport?
Greater Green River Intergalactic Spaceport

Greater Green River Intergalactic Spaceport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://plus.google.com/113537226803...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,881,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Those are some of the best cities in the world! All of the worlds top cities are expensive to live in.

Thats where you go to make your fortune so that you can then retire in some (Red) sleepy town and vote against the blue/Democrats who helped make you your fortune.
There is a reason why a Lexus costs more than a Kia. The same is true for places to live. Sure, one can save a bundle living in Hogtown, Alabama but try to see a Broadway show or eat in a 5 star restaurant.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,443,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Quote:
On July 5, 1994, Resolution R94-23 of the Green River city council designated this landing field as the "Greater Green River Intergalactic Spaceport", for inhabitants of Jupiter who might wish to take sanctuary in Green River in the event their planet is threatened by collisions from comets or meteors.[3] Thus far, no spacecraft of any kind have actually used the spaceport, and actual use has been limited to terrestrial aircraft.
Awesome. I'm totally moving to Green River, Wyoming along with my intergalatic liberal friends like ET... Hey man, he's an illegal alien, but he's okay...

Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,877,364 times
All that is is a list of the most desirable, in demand, and thus pricey real estate. Remember that the reason that real estate prices are so high in those areas is because so many people want to live there; it's classic supply and demand and desirable locations experience far more demand than supply thus the hefty prices. Poor people get out bid by people who have more money to spend and that's just fine with me.

I agree that if you're trying to find the cheapest possible place then you're going to have to confine yourself to the nastiest and least desirable places which experience very little in the way of demand. Most red states do sound perfect for such a goal though I personally prefer to live in desirable locations. Then again, I make good money and can afford to do so.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:11 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,460,470 times
And how about the cities which are Cracker and Racist utopias? They're better? You prefer those racist and Cracker environments? Interesting.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:13 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,655,314 times
when they say buy, you sell. when they say sell, you buy. basic trading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies