Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:20 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,883,426 times

Advertisements

The Courts have upheld many laws, including the Civil Rights Act. Some people think that if they believe a policy is a "bad idea" it's unconstitutional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,209,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Whose calling who racist? Just asking. That is old argument and doesn't fit unless
of course you let the media twist it to fit that idea. At which time it becomes a fabrication.
Just saying.
Thought this country was about the individual not the group!
Isn't that what Rands about?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/28718000-post91.html
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rand is against the civil rights act. His daddy had his finger upon a tabloid with racist comments. See the connection yet? Like I said, a chip off the old racist block.

Paul pursued strategy of publishing controversial newsletters, associates say - Washington Post

Rand Paul comments about civil rights stir controversy

So, either both daddy and son are flip floppers, or they're hypocrites and liars, or both.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,361,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No balanced budgets during those years republicans had total control {purse strings} of the congress.

Now republicans are suddenly concerned with BUDGETS, go figure.

Some how, some way, you still think GW. Bush was Conservative.
Do you really equate Conservative with the Republican name? Maybe more conservative, but a little Progressive, is still Progressive.

Progressive control and social engineering freaks, have always had the Constitution standing in the way, no matter if they wear a D or an R by their name.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:23 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,441,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Courts have upheld many laws, including the Civil Rights Act. Some people think that if they believe a policy is a "bad idea" it's unconstitutional.
Some people may think that. But in the case of the Civil Rights Act, it really is unconstitutional.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,361,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The GOP are only deficit hawks when Dems are in power. Prior to Obama's deficits, which were 100% caused by the economic downturn, Republicans willfully created deficits. Those Bush tax-cuts were the cause of all the deficit between 2002-2008. In 2001, the CBO forecasted that under the then policy the entire debt would be paid off by 2006.

After time has passed, and standing back looking at what has transpired, I don't think we had but two or 3 true Conservatives in the entire congress, before the 2010 Mid Terms. Put many in office at the start of 2011.

Progressive GOP
Really Progressive DNC
Both big spending, bigger government.

The squawk and damage control, coming from the media gate keepers, when a real conservative speaks is quickly silenced. Yes, even FOX, the "conservative" view, will shut them down.
The truth can never get out.
Problem is, there is now more than one guy to silence, as it was with Ron Paul.

But let a Progressive speak and it makes the news for weeks.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,441,760 times
Quote:

Rand is against the civil rights act. His daddy had his finger upon a tabloid with racist comments. See the connection yet? Like I said, a chip off the old racist block.
Rand questioned the constitutionality of the Civil Rights Act. That does not make him a racist.

Quote:
So, either both daddy and son are flip floppers, or they're hypocrites and liars, or both.
Or you're just wrong.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:08 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,567,791 times
Quote:

Paul pursued strategy of publishing controversial newsletters, associates say - Washington Post

Rand Paul comments about civil rights stir controversy

This has already been explained a couple pages back.
And numerous other times.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:52 PM

663 posts, read 1,138,703 times
Neither Rand nor his father are racists. It's just too easy to pull the race card, when you have nothing else.
I've been discriminated against many times for my skin color, but I'm white, so no one cares.

Don't forget a black business man could refuse to serve a white man, just as easily as a white business man could refuse to serve a black person. Of course discrimination against white people doesn't fit into he main stream median's agenda, so the possibility of reverse discrimination will never come up.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:48 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,777,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Neither Rand nor his father are racists. It's just too easy to pull the race card, when you have nothing else.
I've been discriminated against many times for my skin color, but I'm white, so no one cares.

Don't forget a black business man could refuse to serve a white man, just as easily as a white business man could refuse to serve a black person. Of course discrimination against white people doesn't fit into he main stream median's agenda, so the possibility of reverse discrimination will never come up.
And where are these black businesses at? Lets put money down on who can make a greater impact by discrimation on others due to image.

And Ronny boy had a newspaper dedicated to quick footed blacks

Old 03-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,901,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Some people may think that. But in the case of the Civil Rights Act, it really is unconstitutional.
Are you a current or past US Supreme Court justice? What type of credentials give you the authority to unilaterally declare that a law is unconstitutional?

Why do I have a feeling that your authority to determine a law's constitutionality is of equal or lesser standing as what my neighbor's Labrador Retriever thinks about the court's ruling in Plessy v. Ferguson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies