Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Since when is "moderate" a bad word? Why do the folks at CPAC support extremism and nutjobs? -- that's what I'd like to know.
Since the left did nothing but lable Romney a right wing extremist in the election makes you wonder now why they call him a moderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
I was asking myself the same question yesterday. Lol. Sadly Conservatives who are not in touch with reality still think he is one of them. (I'm a fiscal Conservative - former Mass resident who would never vote for Romney, nor Obama btw)

Old 03-16-2013, 03:16 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Since when is "moderate" a bad word? Why do the folks at CPAC support extremism and nutjobs? -- that's what I'd like to know.
Moderate isn't a bad word necessarily, but in the context of describing Romoney, that would be an oxymoron, because he was everywhere, really everywhere on nearly all issues he was asked about.

We know definitions of conservative, liberal and moderate, Romoney could be described as fitting all three.

Did you read or hear any recent news? I saw something earlier today of how Palin lambasted Rove and some others. I'll bet some at CPAC couldn't wait for her to leave the room.
'Mama Grizzly' Sarah Palin dishes red meat to CPAC conservative activists - CSMonitor.com
Quote:
“Mama Grizzly” Sarah Palin served up red meat at the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday, lambasting President Obama and the “mainstream media,” sneering at efforts to “rebrand” the Republican Party, and telling political “architects” like Texan Karl Rove to “go back to the Lone Star State and put their name on the ballot.”
I wonder if she invited herself?

Palin mocks Obama and Rove in CPAC speech

Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, if you had listened and paid attention to both she and Romney you would realize they have no attention of continuing in politics. You do have to understand and I think you are smart enough to figure it out, if you think about it: totally disappearing, after 6 years of campaigning plus being the governor isn't likely. The transformation from public life to private does take time. I doubt you will hear much from him in the future... Did Clinton just go away? Of course not...About the only one that did disappear pretty much was Dole. Most politicians have to ease out slowly..Carter didn't just go away either. Even Nixon, after the smoke cleared was a regular speaker at Republican events.
Yup. Mitt isn't ever going to disappear from politics for as long as he carries any party credibility. No ex-President or candidate ever does, as long as they can raise some money and have any influence.

Even Bob Dole didn't disappear. He was still quietly advising his party for a long time after his defeat.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:38 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What did I supposedly, twist?

Willard is a self admitted Progressive.

The media F'ed Ron Paul.
Blame in on the media. It's always a convenient whipping horse, isn't it?

The same thing was said about Romney, Ryan, Santorum, Gingrich- all of them. They either got too much attention, or not enough attention, or were lied about, or got edited, or were asked trick questions, or got bad makeup jobs- whatever.

You can always whip that tired old horse from top to bottom and all sides, can't you? is your whipping arm sore yet?

Old 03-16-2013, 03:42 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Why is a moderate like Romney speaking at CPAC?

Because you can fool some of the people all of the time.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
O M G, the media?
Are you Palin's speech writer? LOL, OMG, LOL

Oh, you're a twister alright.

LOL!

Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Ann adamapple Coulter was speaking

Old 03-16-2013, 11:20 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
I guess they couldn't find enough well known conservatives to appear. Did they forget he lost the election? Scraping the bottom of the barrel
I'm surprised nobody has bashed Sara Palin yet. She was good. Romney has a right to speak and he did.
I know one thing, I am a registered Republican and I think that if the party doesn't embrace moderates the Democrats will win, win, and win some more.
It seems as though the general electorate has shifted a bit to the left. We live in a rapidly changing nation. One can not be a stick in the mud and expect to go anywhere.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
I'm surprised nobody has bashed Sara Palin yet. She was good. Romney has a right to speak and he did.
I know one thing, I am a registered Republican and I think that if the party doesn't embrace moderates the Democrats will win, win, and win some more.
It seems as though the general electorate has shifted a bit to the left. We live in a rapidly changing nation. One can not be a stick in the mud and expect to go anywhere.
You want the GOP to embrace moderates by giving a platform to crazies like Palin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies