Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:51 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,954,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
You need a wake up call. Chelsea is not making her money off an elected office
LOL. Playing word games now.

She made money off the her Father and Mother's position in government. Their connections, their name, their influence.

I'm a part owner of the government and I resent that. I want it stopped. That's why I support legislation to stop this revolving door of government leaders turning into high paid lobbyists, back and forth, back and forth. I want corporate funding of junkets stopped. I want corporate campaign donations limited.

You are some lazy, apathetic person who YAWNS about nepotism in government.

Just own up to who you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 11:03 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,418,522 times
Really? I am lazy. You don't know me buddy. I served 8 years in the military, worked my ass off in the civilian sector after, volunteer numerous hours at my son's school where I am also the gym teacher, in college full-time and volunteer for local animal shelters. Lazy I am not. I work for whatever it is I want and rely on no one else to provide it for me. You can think whatever you want.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
My only point was that she has advantages nobody has had because of her family connections to government and I"m against people making millions off of their connections/government influence.

Go jump in a lake if you don't like it.
How is she making millions off of connections/government influence? Do you know what is in her bank account? She may have gotten jobs, but I highly doubt she got millions.

I think you never had any opportunities to help you along the way and you harbor resentment towards anyone who did or who has done better than you.

No lake near by, but there is a beautiful pool a few yards away and a beach not to far.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,954,538 times
Quote:
Really? I am lazy. You don't know me buddy. I served 8 years in the military, worked my ass off in the civilian sector after, volunteer numerous hours at my son's school where I am also the gym teacher, in college full-time and volunteer for local animal shelters. Lazy I am not. I work for whatever it is I want and rely on no one else to provide it for me. You can think whatever you want.
Wonderful. Then cease with the smug comments when people express desires relating cleaning up government.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
It's really amazing how little people in this forum just go out of their way to attack elite privilege.
I fixed it for you.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,418,522 times
Quote:
Wonderful. Then cease with the smug comments when people express desires relating cleaning up government.
cleaning up the government != Chelsea Clinton buying a $10 million apartment. Maybe you should start a different thread or try to stay on topic. These two issues are not even the same thing. Hell, last I checked, Chelsea Clinton wasn't even IN government

Old 03-16-2013, 11:12 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are democrats.
The left is (not) one of the little people, the left respects the little people.

The right only cares about this,
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
LOLOL sure they do LOLOLOL

Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,162,772 times
Quote:
You need a wake up call. Chelsea is not making her money off an elected office

Chelsea did not get hire right out of college at a hedge fund for $250K/yr with NO EXPERIENCE on her ability. She got that job as a payback and influence from the Clintons.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
LOL. Playing word games now.

She made money off the her Father and Mother's position in government. Their connections, their name, their influence.

I'm a part owner of the government and I resent that. I want it stopped. That's why I support legislation to stop this revolving door of government leaders turning into high paid lobbyists, back and forth, back and forth. I want corporate funding of junkets stopped. I want corporate campaign donations limited.

You are some lazy, apathetic person who YAWNS about nepotism in government.

Just own up to who you are.
As if government owns nepotism.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:30 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,453,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
How is she phony? She never made a statement that said "I am one of the little (or poor) people," she has not run or held any office where she made any statement like that...I really don't see how having money is phony. She has donated her money and time to help those less fortunate as well.

Is it wrong for some one who is democratic to just have money? I don't get it.

Unlike Marco Rubio that has touted how he's a middle class normal guy, stating "Mr. President, I still live in the same working class neighborhood I grew up in"....with an income that puts him over the top 1% in the country. That is being a phony by action. Plus using his political connections to make even more money out of his political appointment, which is linked at the bottom of the article.

This thread just seems like projection and misdirection of hatred of anyone who disagrees. It's sad really.
No it's just you acting like a typical liberal. The Koch brothers are evil but George Soros is fine. Complain all day about rich conservatives but get one complaint about a rich liberal and suddenly it's "what's wrong with capitalism?" Liberals go into feign innocence mode when their tactics are turned around on them.

"Is it wrong for some one who is democratic to just have money? I don't get it." <- This said after the major thrust of the Democrat campaign was "don't vote for Romney because he's rich"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies