Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The middle class is, and has been for a decade

Jobs Aren't Leaving California For Texas, But People Are - Forbes
That is because California is an expensive state, which is why the wealthy aren't the ones moving out of the state which is what I said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is because California is an expensive state, which is why the wealthy aren't the ones moving out of the state which is what I said.
Thats right, the middle class only matters to you when Obama is cheerleading their causes, even though policies that Obama wants to pass, are very similar to ones California has already passed.

Tell me urban, why would the same policies on a national level be good, but bad on a state level?

Or are they not bad on the state level, these millions of people just need to be educated on how they should be doing their "fair share"

Old 04-15-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Thats right, the middle class only matters to you when Obama is cheerleading their causes, even though policies that Obama wants to pass, are very similar to ones California has already passed.

Tell me urban, why would the same policies on a national level be good, but bad on a state level?
Actually this is a thread about a month old statement made by someone who is wealthy whining about taxes while being able to afford to pay for them. If you wish to start a thread about the middle class being taxed too much or the cost of housing for the middle class being too high, then I suggest you start a thread about that topic. I don't want to take this thread off topic.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Actually this is a thread about a month old statement made by someone who is wealthy whining about taxes while being able to afford to pay for them. If you wish to start a thread about the middle class being taxed too much or the cost of housing for the middle class being too high, then I suggest you start a thread about that topic. I don't want to take this thread off topic.
What does being able to afford taxes, have to do with wanting to pay them? Clearly the millions of people, who have already left California agree with him.

You are one of the most vocal supporters here of raising taxes to increase revenues, so share with me how much tax revenues CA receives from people who moved?

I'm not taking the thread off topic, the topic is California policies causing people to move, Bill Maher might be one such example..

Old 04-15-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
What does being able to afford taxes, have to do with wanting to pay them? Clearly the millions of people, who have already left California agree with him.

You are one of the most vocal supporters here of raising taxes to increase revenues, so share with me how much tax revenues CA receives from people who moved?

I'm not taking the thread off topic, the topic is California policies causing people to move, Bill Maher might be one such example..
Care to show me how many of those people that have left California were rich Americans? Seeing Bill Maher is a wealthy man and we are talking about a wealthy man whining about taxes and saying he might leave because of them.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Care to show me how many of those people that have left California were rich Americans? Seeing Bill Maher is a wealthy man and we are talking about a wealthy man whining about taxes and saying he might leave because of them.
How does the fact that he's rich, mean he should happily pay taxes? Are you really ignorant enough to believe that out of the millions of people who left, none of them are rich?

What the hells the point of your comments other than to bash someone for suggesting they leave a high tax area? Are you suggesting he's lying because you believe rich people dont avoid taxes?

Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
How does the fact that he's rich, mean he should happily pay taxes? Are you really ignorant enough to believe that out of the millions of people who left, none of them are rich?

What the hells the point of your comments other than to bash someone for suggesting they leave a high tax area? Are you suggesting he's lying because you believe rich people dont avoid taxes?
Yeah, it's not just Bill. Google professional athletes California taxes.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:59 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times
Quote:
The US Government donates to people on a monthly basis, its called welfare, social security etc....
I suppose social security could be called a "donation",....I've been donating into the fund since I was nine years old. So, it's about time I started getting some of the "donations" back.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:

But this thread isn't about the middle class, it is about Bill Maher not ever moving out of California because of high taxes.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
He's a libertarian -- and always has been. Complaining about high taxes is par for the course.
He's as libertarian as Rush Limbaugh.

This entire thread shows the stupidity of people labeling everything conservative and liberal as if everyone is a certain way on every single topic.

And that's not even touching the fact that many of the "republican" and "democratic" loyalists around here just do what they are told and agree with anything the party tells them about spending, wars etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies