U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 AM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,834 posts, read 3,871,790 times
Reputation: 6217

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Republicans also like to call men like Dick Cheney "great men."
A "great man" who left office with an 11% approval rating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
3,377 posts, read 1,351,724 times
Reputation: 2544
Default Where Obama is wrong

I'm not a Rand Paul fan. However he is dead on in his criticism of the President over considering bombing Americans within our own country. Or for considering sending Americans to Guantanamo Bay without a trial.

That IS the markings of dictatorship---just as was George Bush II's ability to overlook the torture of prisoners held by the U.S. outside our territorial waters. We are either a nation of laws, or a nation of men--which entails that whatever man is in authority would just make up the rules as they went along. That is not our history.

I most likely will not vote for Paul if he runs, and I think he will, because I believe the extreme economic action he proposes would collapse us even sooner than our runaway debt will. But I totally support his libertarian views on how Americans should treat its own citizens.

No, Mr. President, the rule of law in our country cannot depend on your good intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,223 posts, read 764,585 times
Reputation: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As the saying goes when all else fails call the racist......you'd think they'd have a "Plan B" for his second term...........
I don't think you can compare Reagan to Obama.

Republicans and Democrats in the '80s valued Reagan and Reagan truly did reach out across the aisle to create consensus in many areas. Despite revisionist history, Reagan also assumed a dismal economy and kick-started prosperity and despite that ass hole Bush Sr. Clinton still inherited a boom economy.

Obama is a bitter partisan who makes no attempt to reach across the aisle. Quite the opposite, Obama is determined to destroy any opposition to a one-sided leftist agenda in the worst sense and definition of the political term - left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 12:30 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
2,762 posts, read 686,491 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Your declaration that people love Reagan because of his economic policies is a pure strawman. You fail to note that Democrats voted for his tax changes, not against them. There are videos on youtube of children singing Obama's praises and movie stars pledging their loyalty to him. Obama's logo is on posters, tshirts, and bumper stickers all over the country.
Did democrats put up pictures, and sing songs about Bill Clinton?
Then why do people make such a big deal about Obama?
Answer: Because he is the first black president, in a country that has oppressed black people in unthinkable ways.

Many years ago a black artist called 2pac said "and I know it seems Heaven sent, but we ain't ready to see a black president."
It has been a dream of many black Americans to have a black president, and now since it happened many Americans are celebrating it with pictures and song. America makes a big deal about Obama because he is our first black president, but you republicans manipulate this fact and say he is like a dictator.


Republicans say Obama was born in Kenya, Obama is a Muslim, Obama hates white people, Obama refuses to pray, Obama is like a dictator, Obama is a communist, Obama wants to kill Americans with drones, ex.ex. (Americas republicans are living in a fantasy land.)

Last edited by chad3; 03-17-2013 at 12:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:12 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, La. USA
2,762 posts, read 686,491 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
A "great man" who left office with an 11% approval rating.
Capitol Hill Blue: A gutless, draft-dodging coward named Dick Cheney
Draft-Dodger Cheney’s Security Requirements Too Much for Disabled Vets Convention*Pensito Review


Dick Cheney is a draft-dodger and a coward, just as my above sources show.
And Dick Cheney took part in turning B. Clinton's surpluses into deficits, with trickle down tax cuts.

D. Cheney was the leading figure in telling America 935 documented lies about Iraq and Sept 11, as the following source shows.
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN

Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11, but Dick Cheney's people told America that Iraq had something to do with Sept 11.
Dick Cheney's for nothing Iraq war, killed over 100,000 innocent Iraqi people.
And D. Cheney's for nothing Iraq war, also killed 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing (and his Iraq war added $1 trillion dollars to our national debt for nothing.)


Dick Cheney is a former CEO of Haliburton. And after America invaded Iraq on false terms, Dick Cheney gave Haliburton (no-bid/no-audit) US government contracts in Iraq. Cheneys no-bid contracts in Iraq increased Haliburtons profits by 700%.
Halliburton keeps no-bid Iraq pact - Washington Times
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...644111,00.html

24. Cheney
Check out D. Cheney's (personal) stock option profits from the Iraq war in the above link.


I learned about Dick Cheney's Iraq war from the following documentary. A think tank called "the Project for the New American Century" is the only reason we attacked Iraq.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82ThaEsAxY

(Our supply side tax cut loving media system, does not talk about the things in the above documentary.)

Last edited by chad3; 03-17-2013 at 06:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,834 posts, read 3,871,790 times
Reputation: 6217
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Capitol Hill Blue: A gutless, draft-dodging coward named Dick Cheney
Draft-Dodger Cheney’s Security Requirements Too Much for Disabled Vets Convention*Pensito Review


Dick Cheney is a draft-dodger and a coward, just as my above sources show.
And Dick Cheney took part in turning B. Clinton's surpluses into deficits, with trickle down tax cuts.

D. Cheney was the leading figure in telling America 935 documented lies about Iraq and Sept 11, as the following source shows.
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN

Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11, but Dick Cheney's people told America that Iraq had something to do with Sept 11.
Dick Cheney's for nothing Iraq war, killed over 100,000 innocent Iraqi people.
And D. Cheney's for nothing Iraq war, also killed 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing (and his Iraq war added $1 trillion dollars to our national debt for nothing.)


Dick Cheney is a former CEO of Haliburton. And after America invaded Iraq on false terms, Dick Cheney gave Haliburton (no-bid/no-audit) US government contracts in Iraq. Cheneys no-bid contracts in Iraq increased Haliburtons profits by 700%.
Halliburton keeps no-bid Iraq pact - Washington Times
The Paper Trail - TIME

24. Cheney
Check out D. Cheney's (personal) stock option profits from the Iraq war in the above link.


I learned about Dick Cheney's Iraq war from the following documentary. A think tank called "the Project for the New American Century" is the only reason we attacked Iraq.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82ThaEsAxY

(Our supply side tax cut loving media system, does not talk about the things in the above documentary.)
I agree with everything you say about our previous V.P.

He should be in prison, as far as I'm concerned, for war crimes and/or crimes against humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
9,449 posts, read 4,619,841 times
Reputation: 8465
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Kind of puts all those conservatives saying they aren't gay into perspective...

Indeed. As evidenced by the post above - their Obama fetish knows no bounds. Quite frequently, I note the sexual references that are made.

It makes you wonder . . . . .

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-17-2013 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 04:17 PM
 
13,845 posts, read 5,441,876 times
Reputation: 6264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
hmmmm..Freudian Slip? Wanna be dictator!
It's kind of like when Nixon kept saying, "I am not a crook"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM
 
1,127 posts, read 348,926 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
hmmmm..Freudian Slip? Wanna be dictator!
Kinda like the tea party keeps on saying "I'm not racist"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM
 
9,803 posts, read 2,737,443 times
Reputation: 2528
How's this for audacity?



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top