U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:52 PM

52,320 posts, read 27,992,374 times

Advertisements

Saw a couple of pieces today about the Chris Christie non-invite to the CPAC conference, and i just had to bust out laughing.

I mean, who in the hell is Al Cardenas? I mean, this is rich:

Quote:
"This year, for better or for worse, we felt like, ah, like he didn't deserve to be on the all-star selection, ah, and, for decisions that he made. And so hopefully next year he's back on the right track and being a conservative," Cardenas said. "He's a popular figure, but everyone needs to live by the parameters of the movement."
LMAO...then there's this:

Quote:
"I'm a firm believer that if the Republican Party's going to have success, it's going to do so by being a conservative party and not a home for ah, for everybody," Cardenas said. "And that's how you grow. I mean, look, you grow your tent by convincing others, and persuading others, that yours is the way, and you build your tent by reaching out to the new demographics of America not with a watered down version of who we ought to be but with a true, real, solid version of who we are."
What a bunch of logomachist nonsense. I don't even know what the hell he's talking about.

Chris Christie is the only Republican with more popularity than Satan right now, and you're really gonna diss THAT GUY?? Really?

But of course, Ann Coulter couldn't help but to get in on the dispute:

Quote:
"Even CPAC had to cut back on its speakers this year about 300 pounds," Coulter said.
SMH...these guys actually expect to win in 2016 with this type of foolishness?

*SIGH*

Anyway..

CPAC chair: Christie didn't 'deserve' an invite this year - First Read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 PM

31,994 posts, read 17,647,922 times
I know. They just keep getting more and more ridiculous and biting off their nose to spite their face.

Really, it's like a cartoon show.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 PM

79,563 posts, read 35,263,680 times
I think what turned most people against him that might have previously supported him was his hypocrisy on spending.

He berated public employee's for wanting more money in N.J. but then when he needed others money he complained when the money wasn't quickly handed over.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,630,070 times
The GOP needs to quit trying to suppress the libertarian elements in their midst and expel the pricks like Christie who are really democrats.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I know. They just keep getting more and more ridiculous and biting off their nose to spite their face.

Really, it's like a cartoon show.
It really is. Especially Coulter's comments...i can't even believe that she said something so stupid although i should i guess.

If i were a Republican and thought his weight was an issue, i'd be doing everything to help him out because in all seriousness, he's the only guy on that side of the aisle with a chance and some national appeal. The other clowns that they keep trotting out are perennial losers.

I mean, Rick Santorum? SMH...he can't win an election for the president of a Homeowners Association.

I just don't understand why Republicans allow themselves to be pushed around by unelected fools that haven't won an election to anything. Al Cardenas? Ann Coulter? Who are these people?

Some punk is gonna tell the most popular Republican governor in the country that he isn't invited to a national conservative conference? It's mind boggling.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 6,909,568 times
He not beholding to the tea party or the establishment publicans for his political exsitance. He's making it work in a blue state in the Northeast. Sarah Palin and the rest of the CPACers talk a good game...Christie walks the talk.

Sarah is a therorist---Christie is a realist

Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think what turned most people against him that might have previously supported him was his hypocrisy on spending.

He berated public employee's for wanting more money in N.J. but then when he needed others money he complained when the money wasn't quickly handed over.
How exactly does that make him any different from any other national Republican? I mean, you don't REALLY believe that Republicans believe in all that small government nonsense when THEY need money, do you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
The GOP needs to quit trying to suppress the libertarian elements in their midst and expel the pricks like Christie who are really democrats.
Sure.

BTW...are you actually interested in winning elections, or just showing up at the Republican concession speeches for the free snacks?

Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 PM

8,073 posts, read 4,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Saw a couple of pieces today about the Chris Christie non-invite to the CPAC conference, and i just had to bust out laughing.

I mean, who in the hell is Al Cardenas? I mean, this is rich:

LMAO...then there's this:

What a bunch of logomachist nonsense. I don't even know what the hell he's talking about.

Chris Christie is the only Republican with more popularity than Satan right now, and you're really gonna diss THAT GUY?? Really?

But of course, Ann Coulter couldn't help but to get in on the dispute:

SMH...these guys actually expect to win in 2016 with this type of foolishness?

*SIGH*

Anyway..

CPAC chair: Christie didn't 'deserve' an invite this year - First Read
Acting civil towards that "Kenyan" didn`t make him many new friends in the GOP.That`s where they`re at today and they don`t seem to want to dig their way out.Let`s just sit back and enjoy the show.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 PM

7,359 posts, read 4,753,302 times
I guess if Rand Paul switched to the Democrats and had high favorability numbers, you'd all be wanting him to be the next President.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM

79,563 posts, read 35,263,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How exactly does that make him any different from any other national Republican? I mean, you don't REALLY believe that Republicans believe in all that small government nonsense when THEY need money, do you?
Any? I'm supporting Paul. Yes, I believe he believes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies