Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 06:39 PM

552 posts, read 720,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You don't understand why people want those who EARNED their money, no matter how or why (as long as it's legal), to not be forced to give more than half to the IRS? I'm all for paying one's fair share, but the 1% are paying well above & beyond what most consider a "fair share." And I'm the daughter of a 1%-er, so I know for a fact how much they contribute - and while he might still have plenty left over, it's not fair that he has to carry such a heavy burden. Shouldn't he get to keep at least HALF of what he's worked hard for his entire life? I don't oppose welfare or anything, but to say "the millionaires don't need their money, so give it to the middle class" is just stupid. Sorry to put it that way, but this is what separates me the most from the Democratic Party.
Of course I understand why people want to keep their money, I do too. This is what separates me from my fellow conservatives, I dont give a damn about the rich. Whining about whats fair while being rich just comes off so greedy its not even funny. Tell you what, have your 1% daddy adopt me and you can take my job making $12hr ok? I will trade places with your dad in a heartbeat and they can take 90%, I wont complain and I will be happy as hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I believe the poster questioned why "rich people" needed their money. Tuition is one reason. I sent my kids to Cal and Stanford.

In matters of taxes I'm certain that I have paid far more than you and am far more educated.
If youre struggling to afford Cal and Stanford youre not rich, at least not the rich Im talking about. And thank you for letting us all know how educated you are. Maybe you missed this vocab word in elementary school. Modesty | Define Modesty at Dictionary.com

Old 03-17-2013, 07:21 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
We were screwed the minute that the progressive tax system was born, and both sides of the aisle are responsible for perpetuating the abuse. The PTS just gives them another bone to fight over in public while ignoring the real problems that we face as a country.
It has gotten less progressive over the years. The problem is the middle class has little financial surplus to tax. The wealthy pay more tax because they have most of the financial surplus. If someone paid for a mortgage and tax policy drove them to buy a bigger house for the mortgage interest tax shelter then more of their surplus now goes to a rich banker who has what we used to tax. Same thing happens when stocks finance a stock buy back and issue debt. Taxes are converted into bank income.

The FIRE sector...Look into it.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
I believe the poster questioned why "rich people" needed their money. Tuition is one reason. I sent my kids to Cal and Stanford.

In matters of taxes I'm certain that I have paid far more than you and am far more educated.

Sorry but I know about the prop 13 scam that pays you from da guberment licence. You are just paying back da guberment share of the privilege they grant you. You know that I know.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:39 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
If youre struggling to afford Cal and Stanford youre not rich, at least not the rich Im talking about. And thank you for letting us all know how educated you are. Maybe you missed this vocab word in elementary school. Modesty | Define Modesty at Dictionary.com
So now bragging about your kids is off limits?

Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Sorry but I know about the prop 13 scam that pays you from da guberment licence. You are just paying back da guberment share of the privilege they grant you. You know that I know.
You know about Prop 30 and the plans to bust the Prop 13 veil for commercial-owned properties?

Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
So now bragging about your kids is off limits?
You were bragging about how much more educated you were than the other poster.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You were bragging about how much more educated you were than the other poster.
On matters of taxes, I'm certain.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Of course I understand why people want to keep their money, I do too. This is what separates me from my fellow conservatives, I dont give a damn about the rich. Whining about whats fair while being rich just comes off so greedy its not even funny. Tell you what, have your 1% daddy adopt me and you can take my job making $12hr ok? I will trade places with your dad in a heartbeat and they can take 90%, I wont complain and I will be happy as hell.
NH, at $12 an hour I am sure you don't know the complete situation. Also if someone makes it to become a millionaire it is not right they should have to pay the way of someone who doesn't want to do a thing to earn even the basics. No one is owed anything in this life.

We all know the gold digger types. They are hoping to get a long term contract with a rich man so they can enjoy the trappings of wealth but not have to work for it. Same difference as someone wanting to live off anthers labor. Same difference in wishing to be adopted by rich parents.

One woman I knew, extremely intelligent said she was looking for a rich man. My answer to her was why don't you use those brains to become the rich woman and then the men will come running to you see how you like a man using you for your money.

The point is, never depend on another, build it, and become rich on your own oh and be careful who you marry.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Don't' be a one sentence wonder and make claims that you don't attempt to prove. Do you really expect people to take you for your word? Back it up and tell me where you think I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies