Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,190,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
They would like to have you believe it makes a difference. IMO, it makes none. 2014 will not make a difference, either ... nor 2016. All of this bickering and stance-taking on both sides is merely showboating to get the sheep (us) to think they (DC) are doing something, and to divide us further in ideology so that we all feel our neighbors are our enemies, while both sides continue to feed the beast, and starve the populace. No matter what happened in November, nor what will happen in 14|16 will make any difference. We will still have:
  • Wall street doing fine
  • Big businesses moving their operations overseas in the global environment
  • Middle class in USA becoming poor
  • Poor in USA becoming more destitute
  • Violence in the USA becoming worse (because they convince us to hate our neighbors)
  • Guantanamo still open
  • Cheney still free and fishing (maybe with ANOTHER new heart)
  • Congressmen and Senators still earning a salary and passing laws that pertain to us and not them
  • Wars going on in several countries
  • Military presence in more countries than that, protecting those who've moved their operations overseas (or just doing nothing)
  • More NSA/ICE, and intrusions on civil rights and privacy
  • Nothing of substance getting passed in DC, just the same BS
  • More candidates (who are friends of friends or family of family) being presented (but never anyone who might upset their chess board)
Ahhh, I could go one, but you get the idea.

No ... I have basically become bored by this whole charade. I find it amusing to watch boards like this, and see how the politicians (ALL sides) have us vehemently disagreeing with each other, while they sit there, laughing behind our backs, and making plans about how to divide us ever further, demonizing each other, while they collect paychecks and pensions (and their OWN healthcare).

Anyway, don't let ME spoil the party ... carry on!
Actually, I agree with you. Not on all the points you listed, but on the general concept that a lot of really wealthy people at the top are calling all the shots to their benefit, and that we're being manipulated to hate each other to distract from that so that we don't do something about it. The additional problem is that some of the bat poop crazy big government social policy being put out by the teavangelicals isn't just a distraction--it's real--so we get a double whammy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 08:59 AM

4,321 posts, read 5,122,679 times
By the GOP's choices to attend CPAC, they show that they are continuing along the same awful path they've been on since Clinton was in office.

So we get Palin and not Chris Christie. Palin is relevant again, which is good for me cuz I like watching that train wreck. She's descended into Phil Spector, Lindsey Lohan, Gary Busey, Rush Limbaugh territory where the public can marvel at her depravedness, stupidity, utter audacity and psychological instability.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:01 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,175,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh so you were watching Chris also. I actually thought it was pretty funny on both sides: like you, I am not in love with either of them. I do think, she is in the right spot, she is a good speaker and almost a comedian, but I am glad she isn't our VP and he really got a good one in.

In fact I enjoyed the entire program today (I usually do) I think a lot of good points were made; I am a little upset with all these sub groups trying to make sure we get the type of candidates in 2014 and 2016 they think would be the best for the party. We need one group, we need to consentrate on getting the best candidates and ones that won't sell our values to the highest bidder but will know when to back off a little. I, for one and I never thought I would say this, have about had it with the "TeaParty" I do believe in what they stand for, but when, in order to get the support of the group a candidate has to promise never to raise taxes I am beside myself. Not to mention some of the those supported have been horrible choices: DE, IN and MO come to my mind. I don't think the NV choice was all that awful, I just think Reid is almost unbeatable.
No I wasn't watching Chris, I got the link I posted in my op from Google news feed.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,175,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Looks like Palin is now residing in Karl's head, rent-free, at least part of the time. Sort of like a time-share.
Maybe, it's certainly not the other way around because there's absolutely nothing residing in Palin's head except air.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:10 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,660,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I can't stand Rove but I can't stand Palin even more, good shot Karl!

Karl Rove Slams Sarah Palin After CPAC Speech - Business Insider
He's just jealous that he cannot pull together a crowd of 10,000 at the drop of a hat, to hear him speak.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:20 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,456,579 times
There hasn't been a rivalry between two less appealing figures since Hitler and Stalin.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,477,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Two totally irrelevant people that keep their feet in the swamp of politics to further enrich themselves. Nothing noble or commendable about either of their self-serving agendas. Karl, Sarah...just go away already. You're both as interesting as last weeks newspaper.
Amen!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedaryMax View Post
I saw this on Fox News Sunday. It got the panel chuckling. I chuckled too.
Chuckling as they try to hold on to a party that has seen it's day, the likes of Rove have got to go..."It's NOT his PARTY"...........Jeb Bush and Karl Rove need to know this.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,225,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Chuckling as they try to hold on to a party that has seen it's day, the likes of Rove have got to go..."It's NOT his PARTY"...........Jeb Bush and Karl Rove need to know this.
For the GOP 3 shepherds, it's about money and influence. The superpacs dumped millions of dollars here in Wisconsin to keep Walker from being ejected. I see this occurring again when Walker is up for re-election. In the 2012 election, superpacs and the Koch Bros. along with Rove spent hundreds of millions of dollars trying to get willard into the White House. Rove was the only sacrificial lamb who got blamed for dumping big amounts of money on a person the GOP really didn't much care for in the first place.

And who does the GOP have lined up for 2016? Nobody. At least the democratic party stuck together, and they still do, we hardly ever hear of infighting like the GOP does in their own party.

Lack of cohesion in the GOP, to say the least.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:09 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,360,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Actually, I agree with you. Not on all the points you listed, but on the general concept that a lot of really wealthy people at the top are calling all the shots to their benefit, and that we're being manipulated to hate each other to distract from that so that we don't do something about it. The additional problem is that some of the bat poop crazy big government social policy being put out by the teavangelicals isn't just a distraction--it's real--so we get a double whammy.
It looks like you got my main point. Glad we can agree.

As for the Tea Party ... I kinda hit your nail on its head, I believe, in a post a couple of days ago (around the middle, in a reply towards nononsenseguy):

http://www.city-data.com/forum/28697184-post17.html

I hope my evaluation of their chances of "success" therein are correct, but I DO feel they are a driving force behind the division of the masses into fractured infighters ... which is something that ALL the parties benefit from.

I also feel there are many shills posting throughout the Internet, in forums such as this, whose only goal is to keep the masses frothing at the mouth against each other. You can easily see them in the types of posters who begin threads that are clearly designed to repulse a particular ideology, and then they sit back and let their "work" take its toll, as the common sheep go at each other with pages and pages of retorts, most of which are sound bites from some faction of mainstream media. You find these OP's rarely, if ever, make another post in the threads they begin. It's both interesting to watch, and frightening that they are able to make it work. But alas, the average person is too wound up trying to make their own lives work, it seems, to see them for what they really are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies