Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Rand Paul a right-wing version of Obama?
Yes 5 11.63%
No 29 67.44%
Don't know/care 9 20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Consider: he's an attractive, charismatic first-term senator who has inspired rapturous praise because of some speeches he's given recently. His supporters describe him in Messianic terms and see him as the one great true hope to save America; they all but worship the ground he walks on... just as Obama supporters are constantly accused of doing with their guy.

Like his dad, Ron, he doesn't lie to get his way. Obama constantly lies to get his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The democrats are already using trash them tactics and the OP is trying to accuse people of messianic worship.
In light of the many, many posts from the right using this exact meme against the left, it's supremely entertaining to hear you whine when it's aimed back at you. Too, too funny.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:32 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Consider: he's an attractive, charismatic first-term senator who has inspired rapturous praise because of some speeches he's given recently. His supporters describe him in Messianic terms and see him as the one great true hope to save America; they all but worship the ground he walks on... just as Obama supporters are constantly accused of doing with their guy.
I did vote yes, but it depends on what one considers the right wing version: He is attractive to the young voter, yes, charismatic and a 1st time senator. I just don't know if he will ever get the support from his party to win the nomination and go on to the Pres. I know I am certainly not sure if I could or would support him. As for his supporters, most of them supported his father and though his father was the Great White Hope as well.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,534,369 times
Quote:
That is the difference between a left winger and a right winger. The right wing understands how dangerous it is when a politician who has a cultish, messianic following is very dangerous for the well being of our country and the people. Left wing act as if the politician is god. Right wing will speak out against "all" politicians if we believe they are wrong.
Two words: Ronald Reagan.

Your comment assures me you never got the "Just Say No" memo from Nancy.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times
Quote:
I voted no. I'm an Obama supporter and there is no way in hell I would worship the ground he walks on. The people whom make such claims are deceivers...

Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Two words: Ronald Reagan.

Your comment assures me you never got the "Just Say No" memo from Nancy.
What is wrong, you act in messianic worship toward Obama and are now trying so desperately to ah hum "project" again? Just like Obama you can't admit you are wrong and that the left falls to their knees and obeys when Obama speaks. Don't bother and cover up that Democratic Obama tattoo some of you have.

Wrong, Reagan did things that we didn't like and we said so... try again!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:47 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Karl Rove, John McCain & Lindsey Graham are the Obama's of the Republican party. They constantly lie to get their way.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:48 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
What is wrong, you act in messianic worship toward Obama and are now trying so desperately to ah hum "project" again? Just like Obama you can't admit you are wrong and that the left falls to their knees and obeys when Obama speaks.
Still whining because you were "outed" for your messianic worship of Rand, huh?

Old 03-17-2013, 03:53 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I voted no. I'm an Obama supporter and there is no way in hell I would worship the ground he walks on. The people whom make such claims are deceivers...
Well you have the left wing media who defend Obama on everything, Chris Matthews got a tingle, he also called Obama the perfect man. Say anything against Obama and he calls you a racist. Say anything against Obama to an Obama supporter and they call you racist.

The left wing media who tried to hide Benghazi because they couldn't let it out while Obama and co ran around the country saying Osama Bin Laden is dead and Al-quaeda is on its heals (on the run). The reason, to convince the voters that Obama's foreign policies was a success when we now know that is a lie.

The Fort Hood attack, Obama will not say it was a terrorist attack even though it was proven because he would have to admit that Al-Quaeda is NOT on the run.

Obama cult voted (voted for revenge) and for higher taxes and the left wing media promoted the class warfare even though it hurt the middle class, the poor, the black community. Yet they still buy into Obama and defend him even though nothing is better for them.

Obama ran around saying "middle class Americans will not pay one more dime in taxes" but when it happened Obama followers tried to defend him. Hey, I don't care why I am paying higher taxes the fact is, that after Obama tells me I won't be I am paying higher taxes. Yet the left wing media keeps quiet and the Obama cult defend him.

And the bleach blonde bimbo stood behind Obama during the campaign and cheered. LOL

Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,947,502 times
On the surface, it would appear not:

Rand Paul Cool On Breaking Up Big Banks, Open To Starving Them

Rand Paul Cool On Breaking Up Big Banks, Open To Starving Them

But, then, politicians are known to preach one thing to the masses and work for their masters that bought them once elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies