Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
if people call you a racist all the time, it probably means you are one. not targeting anyone here, just a general statement.
Disagree. Many times that label is tossed at someone and it is unwarrented. It's a sure sign of someone who has lost the argument that has to resort to those childish tactics when it is not warrented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i think many whites are afraid of competition in that regard.
And you have the nerve to call others racist with a racial remark like that? What competition do we fear from other citizens?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
What about a group of people who usually complain about the same things concerning people who aren't the same skin color they are? What's the op point? What is your point?

In reality you hate competition and you feel offended when things don't go a certain way. Why is it okay to see crime from 50% of blacks but label and want to stereotype 100% of blacks? To this day there is no legit conservative response. The majority feel negative about minorities but you get offended when they prosper. Not you in particular but people who usually have that conservative right wing stance.

You want more freedom but limiting others freedom that's the reality of it.
The majority of conservatives don't feel that way about minorities but if the left couldn't dwell on those who do than what would they have?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
No. Everyone has a right to "speak their mind" [1st am]; but because they do, doesnt mean I dont have the right to question their speech.

The KKK has the right to "speak their mind", and I have every right to call their speech racist.
Do you also call people like Rev. Jeremiah Wright a racist? Do you also call the NCLR racist? How about other non-white advocacies groups that preach hate and racism? Don't be a hypocrite. I will be the first to agree with you and call the KKK racist and I am white but it isn't only white groups that can be or are racists. Acknowledge them also.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
As long as there are people willing and ready to shout "RACISM", the very thing they are complaining about will never go away!
Yep, that's part of the "backlash" malarkey. Backlash is just a way of saying "when I do it that's okay, when you do it that's unjustified"
Quote:
THEY are feeding it and nurturing it just as much if not more so than the people they are accusing!
At this point I think so. When they were complaining about people being segregated into different restrooms and schools, then there was reason to fight against racism. But when you get to the point where they are complaining about racist "codewords" and saying that showing an ID to vote is "bringing back Jim Crow" then they've gone past the point of reason. America used to be rampantly racist but it isn't now, and people who are benefiting from the race card just don't want to acknowledge that.

Anybody who thinks that Vice President Biden honestly believes that Republicans are desperately trying to reinstitute slavery and put blacks "back in chains" ought to see me about a bridge I'd like to sell you. It's purely for political gain, not out of any genuine civil rights concern.
Quote:
If they would expend as much energy trying to improve their lot in life as they do complaining that life is unfair (of course it is, fairness is not a god-given right!), they would be a LOT better off!
And that one of the real tragedies of the race card is that it prevents the real problems from being addressed. As long as it is racist to say black people should quit having 7 out of 10 children out of wedlock and should start staying in school, then black people will keep having higher poverty rates.
Quote:
They should also keep in mind that if their ethnic or racial group is cursed with a stereotype, it behooves them to rise above it, and make a positive effort to dispel it! At any rate, DO NOT reinforce it!
Here I disagree. I don't believe anybody has a responsibility to their race. People are individuals. Nobody should act or not act a certain way because of stereotypes. Stereotypes are the problem of the people who make them. There's a stereotype that conservatives are racist, but that doesn't mean as a conservative I have any sort of responsibility to not reinforce that. If a black person does something wrong I'm not going to overlook it to avoid being a conservative racist.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:30 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,863 times
To me, it's very simple. If republicans don't want to be called racist, they should stop insisting that black people are lazy and dumb, and that we aren't "real Americans." Stop claiming that we're unfairly taking all of the jobs and college slots, and that we simultaneously don't want jobs or education.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
To me, it's very simple. If republicans don't want to be called racist, they should stop insisting that black people are lazy and dumb, and that we aren't "real Americans." Stop claiming that we're unfairly taking all of the jobs and college slots, and that we simultaneously don't want jobs or education.
Or you could stop using stawmen.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:50 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,611 times
I don't understand this nonsensical post. Are you saying the President is a failure because he's half black?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Well here is the reality. Having a real conversation about race issues in the USA is almost impossible because the fact it, everything is driven by emotion. It is based on anger towards those different from them. There is still anger from things that have happened in history. The racial divide has always been around in this nation. Nothing can really be discussed because alot of people have their own bigotry and biases and look for ways to justify it.

A discussion on race issues in this nation is very difficult, if not impossible, to have because of the lack of trust in other people. It is driven by lack of trust, it is driven by anger, by fear, by hatred. This nation has a very long history of racial discord and those wounds have not healed.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
In addition to what you said, I have something I want to bring to this discussion. There is a thread that was started right after the election, basically calling African-Americans "dumb" for voting for President Obama. Only African-Americans were being called "dumb".

Comments like that will not make Blacks want to vote Republican. It will not make for any decent, civilized dialogue on race issues and race relations. All it will do is alienate and anger some people.

In some ways, I think some people don't want a civilized discussion on race relations or race issues. Some people want a nation without "those people". A few people on this thread have even said they wanted a nation "without Blacks".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies