Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 09:49 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I guess you think cars are abnormal too, then?

Then these concepts I have presented shouldn't be so hard to comprehend.
Sucking on the tail-pipe would be.

They aren't hard to comprehend. Disagreeing with your position doesn't mean I don't comprehend it, but I can understand how an egotist would believe so "how could you possible NOT agree with me, if you understand what I am saying"?, so to speak. Simply put, you are WRONG.

You keep opening the door, and I keep driving in. Perhaps you shouldn't make it so easy for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Are we talking about back then? If so, when did that happen?
We're talking about what makes a person normal vs abnormal, and my point is that I'm not suddenly an abnormal person simply because attitudes towards smoking have changed. I am now in the minority (at least in the US), but that alone doesn't mean I am less "normal" than you. Usually I revel in being unique, but in this case I find your words very offensive... and by your logic, since I find it offensive, you should probably not subject me to such things.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Sucking on the tail-pipe would be.

They aren't hard to comprehend. Disagreeing with your position doesn't mean I don't comprehend it, but I can understand how an egotist would believe so "how could you possible NOT agree with me, if you understand what I am saying"?, so to speak. Simply put, you are WRONG.

You keep opening the door, and I keep driving in. Perhaps you shouldn't make it so easy for me.
How old are you? For somebody who is supposedly an educated adult, you sure don't act very mature. I never said you had to agree with me, I said the arguments presented have been very clear - and yet you don't seem to acknowledge and/or understand them.

Last time, and I mean it:

1. We already have MANY (almost too many) restrictions in place, especially in certain states like CA.

2. Smoking rates have dropped, but historically tobacco use has been around for thousands of years.

3. What additional restrictions do you propose, since what we already have apparently isn't enough for you?

If you fail to address my direct points and questions again, I don't know what else to say.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 PM

Btw, you don't have to suck on a tailpipe to be exposed to the chemicals emitted by automobiles... ever heard of smog or pollution?? I guarantee that could kill you more quickly than a smoker on the street, but I'm guessing you won't be protesting cars anytime soon.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
You are not reading me loud and clear, because that isn't at ALL what I said. I said your attitude regarding OTHER people smoking is "me me me," since you expect the entire world to bow to your preferences. For the last friggin' time, we ALREADY have the restrictions you've suggested - so what the heck are you still whining about?? Seriously, I fail to see your point after all this round & round. You tell us to keep it outside, we already do (in most states). You tell us to stay away from public crowds, many of us already do. And so forth. Basically you do want it outlawed altogether, but just can't admit it to us.

Btw, if you throw one more personal attack at me (or anyone else), I will report it. Trying to ignore them so far, but you apparently cannot argue without attacking. As I used to tell my students, "use thoughtful words, not insults, if you want to be taken seriously."
Yes it is.

If you think I would have any trouble telling you that, if it was true, you don't know me very well. I am BRUTALLY honest.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
How old are you? For somebody who is supposedly an educated adult, you sure don't act very mature. I never said you had to agree with me, I said the arguments presented have been very clear - and yet you don't seem to acknowledge and/or understand them.

Last time, and I mean it:

1. We already have MANY (almost too many) restrictions in place, especially in certain states like CA.

2. Smoking rates have dropped, but historically tobacco use has been around for thousands of years.

3. What additional restrictions do you propose, since what we already have apparently isn't enough for you?

If you fail to address my direct points and questions again, I don't know what else to say.

1. Approaching sufficient in some places.

2. Good, and not sure about that. Might be, might not be.Perhaps in some limited circumstance.

3. Just keep your filth to yourself. Don't allow it to be inflicted on others. The specifics are up to you. Perhaps civil suits would be a better option. If somebody smoking in the next unit causes a tobacco stench in your unit,, sue them for, say 5,000 quid a week.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
We're talking about what makes a person normal vs abnormal, and my point is that I'm not suddenly an abnormal person simply because attitudes towards smoking have changed. I am now in the minority (at least in the US), but that alone doesn't mean I am less "normal" than you. Usually I revel in being unique, but in this case I find your words very offensive... and by your logic, since I find it offensive, you should probably not subject me to such things.
Sucking, almost constantly on a burning stick of drug, to maintain a nearly constant level of drug in the blood is NOT normal, unless your idea of normal, is abnormal.

My words are INTENDED to be offensive, very offensive. Why, you ask? Turnabout for the constant offense smokers cause "normal" people. Quid Pro Quo, so to speak. Think of it as a tiny bit of payback for he misery you cause in others. Do you LIKE to cause misery in others????

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you are offended so, you'll get some idea of the offense you invoke in others with your filth. That's my plan, anyway.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
yes, of course... Is that where you live??
10-4.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Sucking, almost constantly on a burning stick of drug, to maintain a nearly constant level of drug in the blood is NOT normal, unless your idea of normal, is abnormal.

My words are INTENDED to be offensive, very offensive. Why, you ask? Turnabout for the constant offense smokers cause "normal" people. Quid Pro Quo, so to speak. Think of it as a tiny bit of payback for he misery you cause in others. Do you LIKE to cause misery in others????
I have never caused you any misery, and given where & how I live, it's doubtful I even cause local people any misery. So you can save the revenge for those who actually deserve it.

And unless you live an Amish lifestyle, I imagine you too do things people don't like. For example, do you ever drink alcohol? I hate liquor, and especially do not enjoy drunk people... so if you do partake, or even if you wear cologne, I guess we can call it even.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
10-4.
Then you REALLY shouldn't be complaining, seeing as our state has the most restrictions on smoking of any US state - except maybe NY, but not even sure about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies