Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 12:25 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Geez...what's with the Christian persecution complex?

No one is attacking Christianity.

Hell, it ain't like 99% of you Christian types even try to live by the faith's tenets. Most of you are only Christians when it's convenient.
The Bible states that Christians will be persecuted for their faith. Even though that hasn't been true for at least 1500 years, they still look for it in everything in order to justify the truthiness of their book.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:21 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Why do so many liberals have to attack Christianity? By attack, I mean to say Christians are not smart, they're rednecks, uneducated, crazy, anti-science, etc.

Do you not realize that most Christians are not just parroting what they've been taught, that they actually ask questions to get answers to things that might challenge their faith? I personally explored many other religions and types of spirituality before I became a Christian, so why would someone like me be considered unintelligent? That is not to say all people who call themselves Christian would fit into this category, but there is a good amount of people who have really thought things through and still come back to God.

Here's the thing about religion...it requires faith. There is no hard evidence of anything. But that doesn't mean we as Christians don't have to reconcile our views on science and the like with our faith. For some reason, this seems to bother liberals, but only when it comes to Christians. They attack no other religious group like they attack Christians. So what's the deal?

I won't stop with just liberals, either. Athiests seem equally offended by the Christian faith and refer to God as a "sky daddy" and to the Bible as a fairy tale. Don't you see how that's offensive? Your reactions to being offended by something that's not even harming you end up offending us. See how that works?

I put this in P&OC b/c I notice the main source of the problem is liberals and my personal opinion is that these folks are causing the decline of America as we know it.

P.S. I know the typical response is going to be that Christians want to legislate their morals, but that is not even true. While many Christians do share a similar set of morals and values, the reason we want to do things such as limit or eliminate abortion isn't anything to do with our belief in God, we just feel it's morally wrong to kill an unborn child. I'm not making this topic about abortion, just giving an example of a typical misconception.
Thank you OP for opportunity to defend libruls.

Did it ever occur to believers of Jesus Christ, the holy ghost, and thy father that not everyone, {let's exclude libruls for one minute} do not subscribe to Christianity's beliefs or teachings?

Libruls and others you so in-eloquently mentioned do not necessarily BASH Christianity, but we people who believe or not believe in higher powers just don't like Christians trying to shove their beliefs down our throats and don't appreciate Christians waving the bible in front of our noses either.

Libruls and other non believers of the Christian faith/s aren't necessarily causing the decline of America, Christians are affected by self inflicted hypocrisies, the moral declination, the do as I say, not as I do crowd.
When preachers and priests stop assaulting altar boys, people just might start to begin to believe what
Christianity has to say.

In America, we have the right to choose what we as individuals want to do. Stop trying to force us non believers into subscribing to what you do, that's all we ask. And, keep your Christian noses out of politics {friendly advice- at no charge}.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:44 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
When the churches (any denomination) begin sending bus loads of their parishoners to protest one of our never ending wars I`ll take their religion seriously.As it is,they only seem to be concerned with those little 2 inch fetuses but they`ll drop a bomb on a pregnant woman in some far away land in a heart beat.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:50 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
that's right

and where were the Christians protesting about the bailouts, factory closures, job layoffs etc...

'a slave should respect his master'!

I could do without that.

No thanks!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Why do so many liberals have to attack Christianity? By attack, I mean to say Christians are not smart, they're rednecks, uneducated, crazy, anti-science, etc.

Do you not realize that most Christians are not just parroting what they've been taught, that they actually ask questions to get answers to things that might challenge their faith? I personally explored many other religions and types of spirituality before I became a Christian, so why would someone like me be considered unintelligent? That is not to say all people who call themselves Christian would fit into this category, but there is a good amount of people who have really thought things through and still come back to God.

Here's the thing about religion...it requires faith. There is no hard evidence of anything. But that doesn't mean we as Christians don't have to reconcile our views on science and the like with our faith. For some reason, this seems to bother liberals, but only when it comes to Christians. They attack no other religious group like they attack Christians. So what's the deal?

I won't stop with just liberals, either. Athiests seem equally offended by the Christian faith and refer to God as a "sky daddy" and to the Bible as a fairy tale. Don't you see how that's offensive? Your reactions to being offended by something that's not even harming you end up offending us. See how that works?

I put this in P&OC b/c I notice the main source of the problem is liberals and my personal opinion is that these folks are causing the decline of America as we know it.

P.S. I know the typical response is going to be that Christians want to legislate their morals, but that is not even true. While many Christians do share a similar set of morals and values, the reason we want to do things such as limit or eliminate abortion isn't anything to do with our belief in God, we just feel it's morally wrong to kill an unborn child. I'm not making this topic about abortion, just giving an example of a typical misconception.
I'm a liberal and a Christian, so I attack myself?

Next strawman...

Old 03-18-2013, 07:02 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Only 7% of the population drinks tea?
The results are skewed because I drink tea only in the summer.

I wonder what the percentage is of homosexuals who drink tea.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Religion teaches people to think for themselves
From my experience, most church congregations are very "Hive Minded" and completely opposite of what you posted.

Maybe you should clarify what sect (Church) of Christianity you follow, because as someone living in the South and who tried to find a good church was very difficult for me as most had strong, if not absurd, Evangelical leanings.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:15 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
[quote=andrea3821;28713727]I am absolutely not pro-choice.

quote]

So, you believe in forcing your "morals" on everyone else, and making the decision for them? You denied that earlier.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Default Why the liberal attack on Christians?

Just stick to your own religion's teachings, and ''Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's'' [Mark 12:17], and we'll all get along fine.

But try to meddle in politics and rewrite ''Caesar's laws'' to suit your personal beliefs, and these so-called ''christians'' will ''sow the wind and reap the whirlwind'' [Hosea 8:7].

Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
I'm not judging anybody, I'm simply disagreeing. But one cannot in good faith support certain liberal position if they are a real follower of Christ. I don't have to answer for it, but they will. It's not my place to judge but I am free to disagree and cite that disagreement. I try to be respectful about it at least, unlike those who use terminology such as "mythical" to describe the Bible.
What a joke. This entire thread is nothing but you judging everyone who doesn't believe exactly what you have decided is the truth, and then finding us all "less than" the oh so very holy Andrea. (See second bolded sentence above as a perfect example. Nope, no judgement there. ) If you truly don't get why you're getting so much pushback here (here's a hint--you've effectively branded more than half the population as being immoral simply because they disagree with you) then no amount of responses will ever get through your wall of self-righteousness.

In other words, trying to have a discussion with you is like running headlong into a brick wall. And just as pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies