Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 01:51 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Another call for secession, how fun.

That brown guy in the Whitehouse just scares the living **** out of RWNJs, doesn't he?
Guess I wasn't the only one to notice all these scared wittle babies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 02:58 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
There is no strong secession movement. The current movement is less a increasing dissatisfaction with the central control of America but is instead dissatisfaction from people who are pissed off that the black president won re-election. The government isn't any more central than it had been under Bush -- but the right-wing was quite then.

The secession movement basically got a few thousand signatures in a nation of tens of millions of voters. You can get that many people to sign a petition to outlaw gravity.

If people disagree with the direction a President is taking this country it's because he's black?

Come on now.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:05 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Our country under the articles of confederation failed. The Southern confederacy feel.

States in charge of the central government has always failed.

States rights? We fought a war over, republicans won but destroyed states rights in the process.

read a history book.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:13 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
funny how you only see his color, yet you call us racist, isn't? The federal government over the last 100 years has done many things it is not permitted too. that is why we are in favor of grow that states power and greatly limiting the Federal governments power.
There are probably a few liberals out there who are of truly limited intellectual capability and do believe the whole racism thing. But I think most of them just use it as a political tactic and an ego boost. When you can accuse someone else of being a racist, it sets you up as morally superior to them and allows you to dismiss their point of view and feel intellectually superior without having to actually come up with any coherent argument.

In a way you can pity these people who have to resort to those kinds of accusations in order to make themselves feel good.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
so let me get this straight, the people shouldn't be allowed to elect their representatives, but a select few should? You realize that is the opposite of democracy.

Though I do get where you two are coming from, you two are living in areas where the Democrats are winning elections and you want the select Republicans to be allowed to pick Republicans for office over the demands of the voters that an obvious minority disagrees with. How pro-freedom you two are.

You really should spend some time studying the concept and history of this.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I was always under the impression that Senators, while elected by the people, don't represent the people but rather the State, which is why each state has two. OF course the State indirectly represents the people to some extent.

Isn't the house the only true representation of the "people?"

And isn't it set up that the States control the lion's share of the power, while the people, through elections set the tone of the State?

Lol, I can't remember if I thought that up, read it in some paper somewhere or what.

I do know that we are supposed to be decentralized with the Feds performing very limited actions. Of course this was trounced on the second we gave up the Articles of Federation and accepted the Constitution.

It's still there.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
You cannot start with the Fed, you must start by empowering the citizens, and that means restoring
States powers.
Every level of government has a different level of accountability to the people. Your local city or county government is the most accountable, after that the State, and the very least accountable are the Federal Government.

The Federal Government dictates your local school curriculum and teaches the children that the Federal Reserve is a good thing. They never teach the real history of the men like Rockefeller and JP Morgan who purposely broke the United States government and then blackmailed it into accepting the Federal Reserve against the spirit and the word of the Constitution.

Until you gain control of education, you will never change the level of awareness of the voters and you will never be able to enact change.

The corporations own Washington, and so long as power is concentrated in Washington, the corporations and banks are in control of the country. Their lawyers write the laws, and people like Pelosi say we will pass these bills and read them later because they really do not care what is in them. All they need to know is their bosses wrote it and want them to pass it.

Change comes slowly. It took the banks and the corporations several decades to implement their plan to create the Federal Reserve and to centralize power in Washington through taxation.

The return of power to the citizens will take much longer, as it is much easier to lie to people than to educate them.

Yes.
In a nutshell.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:59 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Lincoln is to blame for our huge bloated federal government.

That's why he's one of our worst presidents. He did more to damage this country than any other human.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
I think Friday night on Hannity(could be Thursday, I'm not sure), he will have a one hour special with Mark Levin, re his new book about how the states can use the constitutional provisions to amend the constitution in a way that has never been done before, circumventing Congress to get it done.

The states can convene a convention (not a Constitutional Convention to start over) that could result in amendments such as term limits, which Congress, for some reason, can never seem to get around to. I could see many good thngs come from this, such as a better worded second amendment when it comes to gun rights, a 10th amendment with more teeth, etc.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Blaming the media is a bad excuse.

The media, controls the USA..... They are the gate keepers.
They are the advertisers for government and against a free society.
They get to pick and choose the winners and the losers. While they promote one, and silence the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies