Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:09 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He isnt a "real" conservative. As if you would have any idea what that would even mean. Old school? LOL Old school as in establishment type that would be nothing but the worst of the GOP members that are in office now..... Of course you would love that. Except when you blame them for things.

Being a real conservative isnt a radical idea. To you maybe, because you are a far left loon. If following the Constitution, upholding are laws, wanting a smaller/less intrusive government is being a nutcase to you, then sure, being a real conservative is being a nutcase by your definition. But we have not had real conservatism in our government running things for a long time. If we had, we wouldnt be in the mess we've been in recently.

You love to bash Bush and the GOP (while you give the Dems a pass who helped) for helping cause the problems we face right now. That was NOT Conservatism. That was the direct opposite of Conservative beliefs. But you knew that already, or you willingly play stupid.
All today's GOP wants is huge spending, huge government, and crapping on the constitution.

Today's GOP are nothing but a radical right wing fascist mockery of what they once were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
How is this even possible? Yes MSNBC is left leaning but it has a ton of commentators and host who are or lean Republican.

lets start with Morning Joe, a Republican who has his own show and brings on a lot of Republican guests.

then there's David Gregory of Meet The Press (a show which hosts a lot of prominent Republicans)

Lets not forget Chuck Todd

And Michael Steele, former RNC chair

And Steve Schmidt

Yes MSNBC has Hardball, the Al Sharpton Show and Rachel Maddow...but for a supposed "hard left liberal" channel it has way too many Republicans onboard.

By comparison FoxNews has a paltry two "liberals" who are hardly featured and usually almost always drowned out...and Alan Colmes is always abused and drowned out in whatever show he's on.
Liberals at fox:
Bob Beckel
Alan Colmes
Juan Williams
Kirsten Powers
Mora Liasson
Bernie Sanders
Patrick Cadell
Dennis Kucinich
Sally Kohn
Lamont Hill
Formerly Harold Ford

Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Liberals at fox:
Bob Beckel
Alan Colmes
Juan Williams
Kirsten Powers
Mora Liasson
Bernie Sanders
Patrick Cadell
Dennis Kucinich
Sally Kohn
Lamont Hill
Formerly Harold Ford
Sanders isn't on the fox pay roll, and the rest are nobodies that are paid trolls besides Kucinich whom is barely even on. MSNBC actually uses known right wingers.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:43 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
All today's GOP wants is huge spending, huge government, and crapping on the constitution.

Today's GOP are nothing but a radical right wing fascist mockery of what they once were.

No, certainly not all of them. But some are not much different than liberals when it comes to that. Which is another reason why I hail, and you loath, the new guys on the block like Cruz and Paul, among others.

But it is people like you that dont want the GOP to change and really get back to conservatism. You want the same old establishment. But, we've gone a bit off topic I suppose, so I will stop there.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
That was pretty well already known. Fox is biased but they do make an actual effort to reach out and attract viewers while MSNBC seems content to preach to dead air space if it comes to that. They are just the dregs of cable news and their hosts barely make an effort to be professional or even relevant. Its just partisan politics hatchet style not even news much of the time. Most of the time now. And they seem okay with that. But the never ending parade of nobodys, freaks, hucksters and misanthropes they keep bringing on as guests and analysts is beginning to grow tiresome. I love debate and argument and a bunch of nobody radicals complaining about what the GOP did today or 10 years ago gets old fast. Thats not debate or news thats just obsessive pettyness.
Radicals, burn outs, addle minded aged hippies, the grossly uninformed, thats MSNBC's targeted demogrpahic. MSNBC has an extremely low opinion of their viewers and why more people aren't insulted by them is a mystery.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The Huffington Post is postively shocked this could be so.

In other news, CNN is becoming more like MSNBC, which is worse than Fox News. LoL.

Overview | State of the Media
MSNBC has done the most to ratchet up partisanship, the study found. The left-leaning channel devoted 85% of airtime to opinion and commentary and 15% to factual reporting.
The Changing TV News Landscape
At Fox News, the breakdown was 55% commentary and opinion to 45% factual reporting.

Fox News 55/45, that sounds like fair and balanced to me.

From now on whenever some Libnut goes off about "Faux News" we can just point at their favorite propaganda channel BSNBC, which has now been proven to be far, far worse.
Honestly only the most far gone liberal can stand MSNBC longer than 10 minutes. I used to watch Morning Joe but that became untenable. One thing I noticed about MSNBC is that often times they'll have panels of all liberals and present the segment as a "debate". Not much of debate when everyone agrees.

CNN is becoming a joke in it's desperate attempt to stay relevant. I've never been big on Fox News since I always felt their international stuff is weak but the opinion stuff I've watched they seem pretty good having at least one liberal to offer a counterpoint.

Mostly now I just stick with CNBC if and when I watch cable news. I figure if it's something breaking I can switch over to CNN.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
However, take note of how Hollywood, this disgusting Administration, and liberals in general all seem to push this narrative of how Fox is Faux and yada yada. However, even with proof here that MSNBC is far more full of liberal pushing opinions than news, they will continue to largely receive a pass from the same folks who bash Fox News. Itd be one thing if both networks received equal the amounts of being the butt of a joke, but that isnt even close to the case.
True, and just another example of the double standard in this country in recent times.

The main reason the far-left hates Fox though? Because they're one of the only sources to hold this administration accountable for anything.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The diehards don't know the difference between opinion and fact.
So you are saying you think pew is biased?

Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 PM

370 posts, read 440,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I don't think liberals who watch MSNBC would really deny it. In fact, cable news is pretty low on the scale of information sources for self described liberals and those few that do watch it do so pretty much for the commentary.

Heck, MSNBC's marketing scheme is blatant about being from a liberal viewpoint. They don't make an effort to hide it.

Anyone who thinks Obama or Clinton for that matter are liberals are severely delusional. Both are bought and paid for corporatist who only care about the rich.

Sure they spout the Obozo agenda but people who actually have a brain and view people by their actions (not their words) see these people for who they really are. The "liberals" who drink the koolaid just buy into the words Obozo speaks. MSNBC and CNN just spread the Obama propaganda for the left leaning koolaid drinkers who cant think outside the box

I have to give Republicans some credit at least they dont hide who they support (the rich) and who they hate (middle class/poor/women/minorities/gays etc......)

Old 03-18-2013, 08:26 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Both FAUX and MSNBC news cancel each other out. In the end, you're left with some awful programming and a steaming pile of crap. Should have saved the time and went for a walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Are you sure you didn't mean the democratic party? Seriously, they both are interchangeable at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies