Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,805,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So why are you making your post all about that fact that he happens to be black?
Yes, the same like Allen West.

Once the right wingers find a black person to put in their sea of white, they walk around showing them off like a trophy "See! See! We're not racist!"

It's quite pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 02:02 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake
I'm just guessing here...but I imagine the left hate this guy:

Once again, he's widely supported by those on the right. When will the left get it? It's not the color of your skin, it's your character, intelligence, integrity and position on issues that matter. How long before the usual characters label him an "Uncle Tom"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
So why are you making your post all about that fact that he happens to be black?
Complete deflection. You have nothing to say, so you pull out the race card. I must say, you and your ilk are hardcore. Let me ask you this; when's the last time someone called a white guy an Uncle Tom?

How else could the question have been framed?

The left makes everything about race, and when someone points out a black conservative, liberals make it about the conservative pointing it out. Conservatives are racists no matter which position they take, or how they word their defense. It oozes hypocrisy. There should be a progressive badge for hypocrisy, so they can proudly display it in a case.

Progressives are so obsessed with racism, they've decided everyone (but another progressive) is a racist. You know what the gays say "homophobes are just closet homosexuals", so just maybe progressives are all closet racists.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Yes, the same like Allen West.

Once the right wingers find a black person to put in their sea of white, they walk around showing them off like a trophy "See! See! We're not racist!"

It's quite pathetic.

strange, I dont consider a persons race when i vote. after all, everyone bleeds red.

I could not vote for obama for the same reason I could not vote for bush. they were both idiots.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:51 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you know how it is on this forum. if the person is black and conservative, then they are automatically an uncle tom.

makes one sick when people label someone just because they dont follow the norm.
Not automatically...lot of good black folk in the GOP. Same as all other ethinc groups

Old 03-19-2013, 05:27 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Not automatically...lot of good black folk in the GOP. Same as all other ethinc groups
Folk....associated with Black people, way to go...not being racist...

Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh my! Now "folks" is a racist code word. (Sigh) I use that word all the time. Never have I associated it with any specific skin color. I don't see color in the term "hood rat" either. I find it an interesting term, however. I am fond of the terms "varmint" and ""bipred" , neither of which denotes color either.

This guys background lends a unique terminology to his words. Just as my rural background lends to my words. Metaphorical speech is specific to ones upbringing. So what? Taking umbrage at the word "folks"is rather a bit of an over reaction. Wanting to see a bigoted context to a simple word. Cherry picking at its best.

It has been standard procedure to label black people who support conservative views as "uncle Toms" since that particular play came out on the heels of the book. Sad, really. To me, as another poster said earlier, the man in this video just puts a fresh face and fresh wording, to a stale issue. His terminology translates easily, for me, though, as metaphorical speech is part of my background as well. "Hood rat"=varmint. And so on. Certain linguistics do NOT automatically equate to skin color.

Good grief! Give it a rest.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh my! Now "folks" is a racist code word. (Sigh) I use that word all the time. Never have I associated it with any specific skin color. I don't see color in the term "hood rat" either. I find it an interesting term, however. I am fond of the terms "varmint" and ""bipred" , neither of which denotes color either.

This guys background lends a unique terminology to his words. Just as my rural background lends to my words. Metaphorical speech is specific to ones upbringing. So what? Taking umbrage at the word "folks"is rather a bit of an over reaction. Wanting to see a bigoted context to a simple word. Cherry picking at its best.

It has been standard procedure to label black people who support conservative views as "uncle Toms" since that particular play came out on the heels of the book. Sad, really. To me, as another poster said earlier, the man in this video just puts a fresh face and fresh wording, to a stale issue. His terminology translates easily, for me, though, as metaphorical speech is part of my background as well. "Hood rat"=varmint. And so on. Certain linguistics do NOT automatically equate to skin color.

Good grief! Give it a rest.
The whole racial thing is just getting foolish. The inner cities aren't just populated by blacks, there are plenty of Northern European whites, hispanics, Eastern Euopea/Northern Asian whites (aka "Russians") and SE Asians. There are people of any of these ancestries/races that embrace the "inner city culture" of drugs, crime and violence...all are "hood rats". It's funny how we have become so sensitive of some races. People often refer to poor, uneducated rural whites and "white trash" and it's somehow acceptable. Yet in many southern states in particular, many of the poor, uneducated, rural residents are black, and you never hear the term "black trash" in polite conversation. Neither term should be acceptable.

The point of the thread is that a great many gun owners in favor of limited government don't give a damn about someone's race. Many of these people are happy to support hard working, honest black people such as Allen West, Condie Rice, Clarance Thomas, the Pizza Guy (perhaps a bad choice given his Clinton-esqe acts) and yes, Colion Noir. Most of these individuals have been viciously attacked by the very people that claim to embrace all races.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I've been using folk since i was a kid...dont like it, tough.

check my posts I use folk when talking about people.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The whole racial thing is just getting foolish. The inner cities aren't just populated by blacks, there are plenty of Northern European whites, hispanics, Eastern Euopea/Northern Asian whites (aka "Russians") and SE Asians. There are people of any of these ancestries/races that embrace the "inner city culture" of drugs, crime and violence...all are "hood rats". It's funny how we have become so sensitive of some races. People often refer to poor, uneducated rural whites and "white trash" and it's somehow acceptable. Yet in many southern states in particular, many of the poor, uneducated, rural residents are black, and you never hear the term "black trash" in polite conversation. Neither term should be acceptable.

The point of the thread is that a great many gun owners in favor of limited government don't give a damn about someone's race. Many of these people are happy to support hard working, honest black people such as Allen West, Condie Rice, Clarance Thomas, the Pizza Guy (perhaps a bad choice given his Clinton-esqe acts) and yes, Colion Noir. Most of these individuals have been viciously attacked by the very people that claim to embrace all races.
Yea...it is old ain't it. This perception that somes skin tone obligates them, somehow, to support a particular viewpoint. Racial stereotyping, often by the same "folks" (lol) that cry the loudest about stereotyping. Ala, pandering, patronizing, lib/proggs.

Mr. Noir( meaning "new"...cool) being automatically classed by the fact he is black, is disturbing. On the libby side, he gets labeled a race traitor, while accusations fly about him being a token. (Sigh) So, who is touting race as a factor here?

I fail to see how his skin tone obligates him to support a certain, political, ideology. He has a right to believe however he wishes, and also has a right to be recognized for the latter, and not his color. Instead, he is labeled a "black conservative" , not just a conservative. It's an unfair and inflammatory generalization.

But, I agree with his views, regardless of how others may label him. I'd buy him a beer anytime.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why would I focus on his skin color and not his message?

When did any gun control propronent say the middle class doesn't need "a cetain kind of weapon to adequately protect ourselves from the lower class criminal eliment who is chomping at the bit....................cut/edit..............." Hey what happened to the end of his thought?

..."disarming a segment of the population who needs them the most". OK middle class America, you need your weapons to protect y'allselves for the lower class criminal eliment. I got it.

You wanna be real...ok then, this video is all about some young hip dude saying [almost everything he wanted] what the "middle class" can't say. He's not an uncle tom...his selling point is his swagger, his "blackness". Uncle tom is a rejection/loating of ones "self".

Im not going to comment on andrea and little pookie because they are not worth going into. The meat of his message has been said plenty of times before, so he's not offering some great new insight, just a fresh way to say it.

There is an underlying current of moral apathy that no number of new laws will be able to curtail. Belief in God is despised. Moral absolutes are ridiculed. Children are taught from an early age that they are evolutionary accidents meandering through the cosmos that has no ultimate purpose.

Welcome to the New World Order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies