Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
The last paragraph was snarky. Tony Romo and Mark "buttfumble" Sanchez do actually suck.

Now who's be discriminatory. 5'3? I'm sure most of the Asian American male populace is above that height. That comment was also made in jest.

And yes there is a female QB. Tom Brady. He tends to get sand in his hou ha. I thought everyone knew this.
OKay, now we're getting wayyyyyy off topic. Romo would be premier QB if he had a line that could protect him. A QB can't stay in the pocket if he's rolled every 46 seconds. He's one of the best out of the pocket, because he has to run to survive. (I'm not a Dallas fan)

Tom Brady... THAT is funny!

Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I always thought McNabb was pretty average and he had a long career.
Even Rush thought that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGiTv_xRd5A.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:44 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
so the number should be 15/96. U.S. black population has nothing to do with the thread as this is about football where the player( and specifically QB) percentages are far different than the U.S. population, its the reason the rooney rule is there for coaches.
So, when you like the percentages for certain positions, it's legitimate and meritorious.

When you don't like the percentages....it's racism?

Ever wonder why samoans tend to be used in certain roles in the NFL but are largely absent from others?

Why are there so many white kickers and offensive linemen and QB's but so few white wide recievers and running backs?

Clearly, the NFL is racist against white running backs, receivers and defensive backs? Can't have it both ways.....

Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
he is out of the league?

Have you ever noticed when a black QB falls from superstar status and becomes a backup he is only in the league for maybe one more year and then he is gone. A white QB can be a back up for 12 years and can be average as long as he wants. What is exactly wrong with a black QB being average?? Why must all black QB's be a superstar and jump over players so he can remain in the league?

This has always bothered me about the NFL.
What are you talking about?

How many black QB's are in the NFL today?
Historically how many black QB's have been in the NFL?

There aren't supposed to be ANY average players in the NFL.

Nobody has ever said "Aim Average" - You play to be the best, not to be "average".
Players are only as good as their coaches anyhow.

Average players don't win Super Bowl rings.
Average players don't earn the franchise money.
Average players don't have multi-million dollar endorsement deals.
Average players don't have long careers.
Nobody wants to pay 50 bucks for a ticket to see average players.
You want to see the best players on the field, why waste your money!

Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
My guess is, white QBs raise more merchandising revenue. It's all about money, ya know.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:56 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
OKay, now we're getting wayyyyyy off topic. Romo would be premier QB if he had a line that could protect him. A QB can't stay in the pocket if he's rolled every 46 seconds. He's one of the best out of the pocket, because he has to run to survive. (I'm not a Dallas fan)

Tom Brady... THAT is funny!
anyone attempting to determine the quality of Tony Romo before Jerry Jones decides to quit pretending to be an NFL general manager is just being silly.

no one can possibly know what he is.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
My guess is, white QBs raise more merchandising revenue. It's all about money, ya know.
Vick was HUGE in merchandising before the dogkilling. AND a subpar QB.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:58 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Really? What is the No 1 selling football jersey?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best-selling+jersey#

Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM

602 posts, read 574,016 times
The prototypical "pocket passer" has reigned in the NFL forever. That is changing. You will never be able to go away from that requirement but now lots of teams are looking for an additional attribute: the ability to make plays with their mobility.

If one of the things that makes you a great QB is your mobility, and you lose that mobility (or it declines), then you damn sure better be able to make quick reads, audible, make your progressions, and get the ball out quick and on point.

Most of the black QBs you have seen come into the league in the past 15yrs have had that mobile quality.
Most of the white QBs you have seen come in are not, but have great arms and have been groomed to play the pro-offense.

You are starting to see some white QBs now with speed and black QBs come in with unreal passer ratings, TD/INT ratio, etc.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Really? What is the No 1 selling jersey?
Hell if I know. If I did know, I wouldn't have explicitly stated that my post is a guess. Frankly I don't think naming the top selling jersey answers the question. You would need to look at an accumulation of sales comparing white QBs vs black as well as comparing the percentage of QB sales vs other sales of the same team jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies