Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
IMO, pro-life wackos that protest at abortion clinics and attempt to intimidate patients deserve to be attacked. Some of these same pro-life wackos have blown up clinics and shot doctors.

If I am on the jury, anyone that beats the crap out of a pro-lifer walks away scot free. Beating up pro-lifers is a net good for society.
At this point in time, she was not protesting nor was she doing anything to any patients. She was standing there with a camera and narrating what she saw.

I'm glad you will never be on a jury, you'd be weeded out of the jury pool in a heartbeat.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
When I was in a car accident two years ago, they towed my car before the ambulance got there since it was a freeway off-ramp during rush hour, so I was just standing at the side of the road waiting for the ambulance. When they got there, they put a c-collar on and strapped me to a backboard. It was most likely a spectacle and since it's public property, anybody could have videotaped it and I never would have known. I don't even care b/c that's their business if they want to be nosy. I definitely would not have assaulted someone if I had seen it. And it's completely within their rights to photograph or videotape something happening in public, even if it has to do with receiving medical care.

Here's another example. A cashier at Walmart looked like a complete fool with crazy colored hair and long fingernails. A customer in the lane next to me (so it was behind me when I was facing the cashier) apparently took a picture of the cashier with her phone. The cashier called a supervisor and made a scene, she wanted the customer to delete the picture. But it's a public place, and if you are doing something out of the ordinary, people have every right to capture that on film.
Awesome. After Annie photographs Janelle's house and publishes it on Facebook as an example of a crack house, we'll be outside your doctor's office next time you visit, so we can tweet about your sexually transmitted diseases.

Hey, public place. It's our right. Right?

Religious nut jobs motto: If the voices in my head tell me to do it, it must be good.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If that grandmother cares so much about children, her time would be better spent volunteering with neglected and at-risk kids, instead of being a pest outside of Planned Parenthood and attempting to harass, humiliate, and interfere with what are perfectly legal and legitimate medical services.
It's not up to you to dictate what this woman does with her time and which charity causes she wants to pursue.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:00 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
When I was in a car accident two years ago, they towed my car before the ambulance got there since it was a freeway off-ramp during rush hour, so I was just standing at the side of the road waiting for the ambulance. When they got there, they put a c-collar on and strapped me to a backboard. It was most likely a spectacle and since it's public property, anybody could have videotaped it and I never would have known. I don't even care b/c that's their business if they want to be nosy. I definitely would not have assaulted someone if I had seen it. And it's completely within their rights to photograph or videotape something happening in public, even if it has to do with receiving medical care.

Here's another example. A cashier at Walmart looked like a complete fool with crazy colored hair and long fingernails. A customer in the lane next to me (so it was behind me when I was facing the cashier) apparently took a picture of the cashier with her phone. The cashier called a supervisor and made a scene, she wanted the customer to delete the picture. But it's a public place, and if you are doing something out of the ordinary, people have every right to capture that on film.
Since nobody else seems to want to do the research, I did a little myself (it is my job, after all!). Whether or not YOU would mind being filmed, there are specific laws on the matter - and it seems she was violating at least one.

Recording of Individuals Without Their Consent

The important parts:

Most audio recordings without consent of one or all parties are illegal.

You cannot film or photograph if it interferes with police, fire, medical or emergency operations (since she was clearly interfering with medical/emergency operations, they could get her on that technicality)

Old 03-19-2013, 05:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Awesome. After Annie photographs Janelle's house and publishes it on Facebook as an example of a crack house, we'll be outside your doctor's office next time you visit, so we can tweet about your sexually transmitted diseases.

Hey, public place. It's our right. Right?

Religious nut jobs motto: If the voices in my head tell me to do it, it must be good.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There's a big difference between video-taping Tea Party people who are making a public display of themselves, and video-taping a person who is clearly in a medical emergency, or else they wouldn't be on a stretcher being loaded into an ambulance. You don't even see news media usually broadcasting victims of say a car accident being removed in stretchers. Why? Because it's unnecessary, ghoulish, and an invasion of privacy.
Not all trips in an ambulance are an emergency, just FYI.

More hyperbole from you. This is comical.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 PM

FYI: It seems to be perfectly legal to take STILL photos of individuals, as long as they're in a public place... so provided she didn't try to enter the building, she could have taken pictures instead of video footage.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Those "tolerant" liberals - viciously attacking an elderly woman peacefully exercizing her 1st Amendment rights.

Democrats - why should we vote for you again?
Well, I'm no liberal or democrat. I just don't feel the need to stick my nose into other people's business. I certainly don't think it's right to video patients and spread rumors about them. Just as I defended Rand Paul's filabuster concerning the government's use of drones and our privacy, I'm defending this woman's. At least I'm going easy on Grandma, I think I said I'd shoot a drone if one came nosing around.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
It's not up to you to dictate what this woman does with her time and which charity causes she wants to pursue.
Didn't sound like she was "dictating" - it was just a friendly suggestion.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Not all trips in an ambulance are an emergency, just FYI.

More hyperbole from you. This is comical.
A "botched abortion" sounds pretty serious. Are you calling those who have identified this as the cause for the ambulance liars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies