Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Since nobody else seems to want to do the research, I did a little myself (it is my job, after all!). Whether or not YOU would mind being filmed, there are specific laws on the matter - and it seems she was violating at least one.

Recording of Individuals Without Their Consent

The important parts:

Most audio recordings without consent of one or all parties are illegal.

You cannot film or photograph if it interferes with police, fire, medical or emergency operations (since she was clearly interfering with medical/emergency operations, they could get her on that technicality)
Key word is "interfering." From what we can see, she was just standing there on the sidewalk.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well, have no fear. I'm sure Grandma's group is burning up the communication lines trying to learn the patient's identity. Janelle will post her name, age, address, occupation, marriage status, family, church, education, pets, and where she shops very shortly.
Yes, just like in that sad case of that woman in Maryland last month.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
A "botched abortion" sounds pretty serious. Are you calling those who have identified this as the cause for the ambulance liars?
In case you haven't noticed, I've been saying the woman shouldn't have been speculating. So yes, they could very well be liars.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Regularly? IIRC they've had a total of THREE "ambulance incidents" in recent years (not sure how long). Do you know how many people leave dental clinics in an ambulance annually? I don't either, but imagine three would be considered a reasonable amount... medical procedures don't always go perfectly, and we still have NO idea why this girl was being taken, let alone why she was at the clinic. So until they have evidence it was a "botched abortion," I don't think we need to know some girl got sick at Planned Parenthood.
The claim in the video is four incidents (this being the fourth) in five weeks. I do agree there should be no speculation. The assault was uncalled for, either way, though.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
It's perfectly normal to be a grandma when one enters their 60s.

I think we all know that as a person grows older, their body starts shutting down. You have no idea if this woman is in good physical condition aside from appearances. Lots of grandmas fall down in their 60s and end up with a broken hip. It's called osteoporosis....
The woman said she was fine after it was over. You can hear it for yourself on the video. People in their 60s are hardly elderly.

Quote:
And you would be sued for posting information like that. I would not resort to punching you. That's the difference here.

Again with the religious stuff. It has nothing to with anything on this topic.
Did you even watch the video. It opens identifying the woman as a "praying Catholic woman." Of course I've never seen a good Catholic pray while videotaping and narrating events going on, but maybe she is especially good at multi-tasking.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post

As is her right.
Why is that her right to ask that the image be deleted? If you go in public looking like a wacko, people are going to react. She doesn't even know if the customer even took a picture of her, could have been anything. She's just going overboard. Arguably, if someone looks like they, they are looking for attention, so it's not surprising that she made a scene out of it.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Still wrong, still invasive, and still typical of anti-choice terrorists to support it.
Mm hmmm. Talk to Michael Moore about that one.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What is your definition of a "botched abortion"? A "botched abortion" would be a live birth. Perhaps you & others meant "complications from an abortion" - but even that is still supposition.
Haha. That's exactly the wording I used earlier when people were sensationalizing the video by identifying it as a video of a patient going to a hospital because of "botched abortion." (I put my use of the phrase in quotes for that reason.)

And you are also right that people have no idea why that woman was being taken to the hospital.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Key word is "interfering." From what we can see, she was just standing there on the sidewalk.
Check the other links about privacy - they cover medical privacy.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Mm hmmm. Talk to Michael Moore about that one.
I don't like Michael Moore, but he is not the subject of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies