Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Cinnabon is envious some people have actually lived full lives. I can talk about many issues here due to life experience. Most of the posters just argue with internet links.
Argument based on personal experience is the lowest form of argumentation, especially on an Internet forum.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Argument based on personal experience is the lowest form of argumentation, especially on an Internet forum.
Depends on the context, here I was giving an example of how taxpayer money is being abused. I'm sure she's not the only girl to think of that.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Why do you insult all of us by saying she was filming a victim when the victims face was never shown but the ambulance was.. And your only option is to personally attack me
You just finally admitted the woman was videotaping more than just the ambulance. Congratulations! Took a while, but I'm glad a sense of ethics finally kicked in for you.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Depends on the context, here I was giving an example of how taxpayer money is being abused. I'm sure she's not the only girl to think of that.
Planned Parenthood is not a government organization. (Didn't I already say that earlier?) PP gets taxpayer money via Medicaid, but your old gf apparently didn't have Medicaid if she were on her parents' policy. So she was a "private pay" patient, and paid on sliding scale.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Planned Parenthood is not a government organization. (Didn't I already say that earlier?) PP gets taxpayer money via Medicaid, but your old gf apparently didn't have Medicaid if she were on her parents' policy. So she was a "private pay" patient, and paid on sliding scale.
Sliding scale means in this case she was paying nothing. Who was picking up the cost of the pills? PP is funded by the government.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,491 times
Quote:
You just finally admitted the woman was videotaping more than just the ambulance. Congratulations! Took a while, but I'm glad a sense of ethics finally kicked in for you.
She was filming the fact that this was the third ambulance since February .The person being carried away identity was not known in the film. Granny was attacked that is clear and you defend violence against her

Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times
Quote:
Sliding scale means in this case she was paying nothing. Who was picking up the cost of the pills? PP is funded by the government.
How is this an issue of debate? I saw the earlier exchanges about whether or not PP BC pills are funded by the gov, but couldn't tell what the issue is/was. Pills and other services are subsidized by the taxpayer. The only thing PP cannot use taxpayer funds for is abortion.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,964 times
Poor lady. I am not for violence against the elderly. People who meddle in others' business usually shoot themselves in the own foot at some point anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So it is not true they didn't have to call 911 on more than a few occasions? Not even one call. Free birth control and they still use abortion clinics?
Who in the world gets free birth control???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
So you assume the woman was spreading viscous lies?
Even if she is, you believe being assaulted is a natural consequent for exercising your 1st Amendment Rights?
Minding your own business would be a lot easier don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Especially when she is spreading rumors about them
What a concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
How is this an issue of debate? I saw the earlier exchanges about whether or not PP BC pills are funded by the gov, but couldn't tell what the issue is/was. Pills and other services are subsidized by the taxpayer. The only thing PP cannot use taxpayer funds for is abortion.
PP launders taxpayer money into abortion services. Let me give you an example:

I give my college bound daughter an allowance but tell her not to spend it on alcohol. Now the dollars I give her may not directly go to alcohol (maybe books, gas, living expenses etc) but by giving her that money, I free up other money she can use for alcohol.

But the reason this issue is involved is because I want to remove all taxpayer funding for PP. BC, abortion, or pamphlet passing. I don't care. I don't think taxpayer money should subsidize PP. Let them survive on private donations.

2,137 posts, read 1,901,931 times
Quote:
The woman said she was fine after it was over. You can hear it for yourself on the video. People in their 60s are hardly elderly.

Did you even watch the video. It opens identifying the woman as a "praying Catholic woman." Of course I've never seen a good Catholic pray while videotaping and narrating events going on, but maybe she is especially good at multi-tasking.
Can I get you on record for pushing back the retirement age?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies