Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:29 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times

Advertisements

I came across a townhall column written by Dan Holler. He's basically saying that the GOP should avoid a grand bargain that greatly reduces the deficit because it would help Obama politically. What happened to country before party?

GOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 08:37 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,657 times
Why do you automatically associate anything presented by Obama as "good for the country"?

You would have been a good citizen in 1930's Germany.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Why do you automatically associate anything presented by Obama as "good for the country"?

You would have been a good citizen in 1930's Germany.
Why does your post make no sense?

Did you take the 3 minutes it would take to read the article before posting?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I came across a townhall column written by Dan Holler. He's basically saying that the GOP should avoid a grand bargain that greatly reduces the deficit because it would help Obama politically. What happened to country before party?

GOP
That never stopped the GOP before. When the GOP controlled Congress balanced the budget and gave us three years of surpluses in the late-1990s, it helped Clinton politically even though he opposed the GOP plan every step of the way. Apparently the GOP were, at one time, willing to put country before party. It remains to be seen whether they still consider the benefit of the country first these days.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Why does your post make no sense?

Did you take the 3 minutes it would take to read the article before posting?

I am responding to your comment. I could care less about the article.

The German people went along with everything Hitler did leading up to WW2.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I am responding to your comment. I could care less about the article.

The German people went along with everything Hitler did leading up to WW2.
The article is from a conservative who said reaching a grand bargain on reducing the deficit would be good for Obama politically, so the GOP should oppose doing so.

What's so hard about reading a short column?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
The article is from a conservative who said reaching a grand bargain on reducing the deficit would be good for Obama politically, so the GOP should oppose doing so.

It`s so much easier to compare Obama to Hitler. Saves a person the trouble of thinking and doing all that reading.True wisdom comes from listening to drug addled radio talk show hosts.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:

I read the column. What I got from it is that if they agree to a "grand bargain", Obama will get credit and will still bash the GOP. The result will be challengers losing in primary fights to more conservative candidates will spend all their money before the general election.

Why should Barack have the upper hand in the negotiations? He does not represent the people. The Congress (specifically the House) does.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
The Republicans already compromised and handed Obama huge tax increases in December. It's Obama's minions turn to put something on the table. How about some real, honest, year to year cuts in spending? Not the bogus "cuts in increases" crap we've been hearing about. Or the flat-out ballooning of spending proposed by the senate?

I'm hoping the Rs in the House grow some balls and say no to Obama for once.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I read the column. What I got from it is that if they agree to a "grand bargain", Obama will get credit and will still bash the GOP. The result will be challengers losing in primary fights to more conservative candidates will spend all their money before the general election.

Why should Barack have the upper hand in the negotiations? He does not represent the people. The Congress (specifically the House) does.
Obama just won a national election with a majority. The House GOP have control because of gerrymandered districts.

Now who represents the people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies