Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,313,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
God gave us medicine to support life, not to take life away. Pregnancy is not a disease and abortion is not health care.
God gave us medicine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 02:41 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,459,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Whines about nanny staters and says we shouldn't depend on the government, yet he runs to the defense of pro-lifers, who are the biggest nanny staters.
Obamacare is over 2,000 pages of regulations passed with only Democrat votes...but wanting 1 law that says abortion is illegal makes you the "biggest nanny stater".

Old 03-20-2013, 02:43 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,964,809 times
Just FYI - here's a couple of studies/articles, and there are others on the internet, of the psychological consequences for many women after an abortion and considerations before.

Abortion Risks: A list of major psychological complications related to abortion « After Abortion

Abortion Emotional Side Effects - American Pregnancy Association

I am grateful that there are organizations that stand outside of abortion clinics, in peaceful gatherings as permitted by law, with information about alternatives for young women who are confused, feeling great pressure, feel they have no alternatives. Some states required PP to give these alternatives, and it is worth it if it helps one young women who may feel she has no options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
From the sounds of the posts you have made in here, you might regret the abortion, but I bet your "then gf" doesn't regret having to care for a baby that here "no longer boyfriend" helped create. Just another important lesson in the value of condoms and birth control.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,313,305 times
*** hoc propter hoc, or correlation does not equal causation. Sure, many women experience psychological difficulties after abortion, but that does not mean the abortion itself caused the problems. You have to look at the reasons these women chose abortion in the first place. Some young women think a pregnancy is a way to hold on to their boyfriends and feel disillusioned and depressed when said boyfriend wants nothing to do with a baby. Some women have them because their marriages are no longer on solid ground, some do it because they were raped and some do it because they're in dire financial straits and not sure where their next meal is coming from. All these things could factor into it, not just the act of abortion itself. Your articles did not take that into consideration.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
That is the smartest thing you ever posted.
Too bad he was being sarcastic...

Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Quote:
Why don't you read the article to find out.
Maybe because some of us won't read whackaloon biased sites.
Of course, that's all you read and post.

I don't click them because I don't want cooties by clicking on a hate site.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Quote:
They may but they do one better they show the baby in utero. That is the most important info a mother can have.
Why, they already know they're pregnant.
Or are you saying that women are too blasted stupid to know that they're pregnant without a pretty picture?

How did humanity survive lo these past 6,000 years without ultrasounds?

Another bogus thread.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,793,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
When I was in HS, my then gf and I went for an abortion but got an ultrasound first. It did cause second thoughts in both of us. In the end, we stuck to our decision. A decision I regret to this day. When we got the ultrasound it was still very undeveloped (looked like a bean). I can only imagine what an ultrasound does for later stages. Helps the heart understand that you're selfishly throwing away your blood.
I personally know a guy who was forced to pay for an abortion because the parents threatened to have him put in jail for rape. He was just over 18, she was under 18 (age of consent in that state) and they had been dating since before his 18th birthday. To this day over 16 years later, he still says he still feels guilty about it.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:20 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I personally know a guy who was forced to pay for an abortion because the parents threatened to have him put in jail for rape. He was just over 18, she was under 18 (age of consent in that state) and they had been dating since before his 18th birthday. To this day over 16 years later, he still says he still feels guilty about it.
My dad wanted my mother to get an abortion back in 1978. She was 15 when she became pregnant, and he was 18.

Now, she said no. She was going to have me with or without me. They were forced into a shot gun wedding. They were divorced about 3 days before their first wedding anniversary.

My dad says he regrets trying to get my mom to abort me. But the lesson is this, humans adapt to the situation they find themselves. My dad may have been better, or worse, without my being born. I'm my dads only child. I don't blame him for his first choice. Hell neither of my parents really raised or had a lot to do with me until I was about 9 or 10. Thank God my dads parents raised me. But not everyone has that luck. How many of these children are going to be brought up in unloving, unprepared homes? Truth is people told my child's mom she should have had an abortion with my oldest child. I said I didn't want her to.

But no one should take away a mothers right to choose.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:13 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,459,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But no one should take away a mothers right to choose.
I agree. She has no right to an abortion. But for those things she does have a right to choose, nobody should take that right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies