Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 05:05 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You finally got it them. Great.
Again, the failure to understand what you read is your weakness.

What insurance company does your employer use? We are not talking about the plan that YOUR employer has with that company, we just want to know what insurance company your employer uses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times
Quote:
You finally got it them. Great.
The point ------->
Your head:

What my dear blind seeress was trying to say was that even if your company itself does not opt for abortion coverage, the insurance company you are going with will at some point with some company or some person give coverage for abortion, therefore no matter what, if you fund insurance, you fund abortion.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
If you work for a religious company you can be sure they don't pay for abortions in their insurance. Of course that will change in the future with the HHS mandate but until it does you are not paying for it.
Incorrect.

Try reading it again: What your employer offers through an insurance provider has no bearing on other plans offered by that insurance provider to other businesses.

You could have Aetna without abortion being covered and I could have Aetna with abortion being covered. You paying Aetna puts money in coffers that are used to pay for abortion should I ever use that service.

Congrats, if you pay a health insurance premium to a health insurance provider, you're paying for abortion. And if you don't think so, which insurance provider do you use so I can prove that you fund abortions on a regular basis.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:12 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
That skews any type of effectiveness on everything. Disease being only one of them.
Clearly you aren't a doctor, LOL. Neither am I, but I still know multiple partners doesn't impact the effectiveness of a condom. If used correctly, they are equally effective with each partner - regardless of how many you have. You are potentially exposing yourself to more diseases, but again, that does not change the 98% success rate.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:21 PM

464 posts, read 479,300 times
You again with this subject?

Shouldn't you be out protesting abortion clinics with the grandmas? Don't break a hip now.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:21 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
The point ------->
Your head:

What my dear blind seeress was trying to say was that even if your company itself does not opt for abortion coverage, the insurance company you are going with will at some point with some company or some person give coverage for abortion, therefore no matter what, if you fund insurance, you fund abortion.
Is it against TOS to state that I find this post hilarious, and that it makes me laugh out loud that there are people in this world who are thoroughly annoyed at how health insurance works in this country? Whether they like it or not, people are going to have access to BC and safe legal abortions should they choose to. They may as well be yelling at the rain for falling or at the wind for blowing.

I couldn't rep you again, so here for ya!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We do inform them and are doing it at earlier ages in school.

Yet, the US still leads in teen pregnancy among all first world nations.
But teen births are down so they are making use of that knowledge and getting abortions.

I know that 12 year olds in the schools I sub in are informed.
They may not know what a condom is but they are informed about safe sex anyway.
And no, not every child knows everything about sex at that age. Children all mature differently.
But we teach it to them anyway.
Actually, I think abortions to teens are down too. (Too lazy to look it up right now, but I am a health professional and follow these things.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
How many abortion threads today so far? about 10 ?

OK we all know you're against it. <yawn>
Plus anti-Planned Parenthood threads started today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
It is still murder. It was by every legal definition before Roe v Wade. The SC made an awful decision and it should be overturned. Roe v Wade was an even worse decision then Dred Scot.
Well, big whoop! Roe v Wade was 40 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Kat View Post
Planned Parenthood is an abortion clinic and it operates on money taken from taxpayers. They can skip around it and claim that they only use taxpayer money for other things ... electricity, mortgage, band-aids, whatever ... but it's just a lie. If they didn't have tax money to pay that electric bill or buy that building, they wouldn't be able to perform all of their abortions.

The agency started with good intentions — i.e. "planning" for parenthood — but now it's main focus is unplanned parenthood.

This debate isn't even about abortion. If someone wants to get an abortion and pay for it themselves, that's between them and their God. But no one has the right to demand that everyone else pay for their abortions.
Many Planned Parenthood offices do not even offer abortions.

Quote:
And pigs can fly.
Yeppers!

Quote:
None of those services kill an innocent life.
Prisons sometimes kill innocent people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can we just designate one thread the janelle abortion free-for-all so the PoC forum isn't buried with her non-stop same-topic-different-details threads? This seems like a mental obsession at this point.
Plus anti-PP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think we should not compare Japan to the US. Japan is a very homogeneous country and their culture and way of life really can't be compared to the US.
I've never gotten that excuse. In any event, most people in Japan are atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Clearly you aren't a doctor, LOL. Neither am I, but I still know multiple partners doesn't impact the effectiveness of a condom. If used correctly, they are equally effective with each partner - regardless of how many you have. You are potentially exposing yourself to more diseases, but again, that does not change the 98% success rate.
Again, too lazy to look it up, but in general multiple partners impact the effect of STDs b/c people who have multiple partners are basically having sex with everyone their partners had sex with, in terms of exposure to disease. It's basically a multiplier.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Again, too lazy to look it up, but in general multiple partners impact the effect of STDs b/c people who have multiple partners are basically having sex with everyone their partners had sex with, in terms of exposure to disease. It's basically a multiplier.
Oh, I don't doubt that... but Janelle was claiming multiple partners affects the effectiveness of CONDOMS/BC (per use), which is clearly not true. Right? I mean, if you're using a condom correctly, it's going to be just as effective with one partner as with multiple partners - provided you aren't using the same condom, of course.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't doubt that... but Janelle was claiming multiple partners affects the effectiveness of CONDOMS/BC (per use), which is clearly not true. Right? I mean, if you're using a condom correctly, it's going to be just as effective with one partner as with multiple partners - provided you aren't using the same condom, of course.
That sounds right. However, the multiple partners does expose you to more, in the event of a condom failure.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
Just a small clarification for accuracy's sake. The annual failure rate of condoms is around 10-12%, though I heard it is as high as 14%. The per usage failure rate is 2%.

Efficacy of the simultaneous use ... [Fam Plann Perspect. 1991 Sep-Oct] - PubMed - NCBI
Condom breakage and slippage amon... [Fam Plann Perspect. 1994 May-Jun] - PubMed - NCBI

And just for you Janelle.
Condom Failure Rate Fact Sheet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies