Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Wrong, science is proving the babies brain is learning all the time. It can pick out it's mother voice over others.
Super!!! Abort it anyways...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Nah, once they're here, they have certain inalienable rights. Up till then... whatever.
They're "here" regardless. Whether inside or outside the womb, the organism exists. It isn't a fantasy until it's born and then suddenly become a reality. The point of viability is far before the point of birth. You can remove it from the womb, put it in an incubator, and it survives.
Quote:
Because it's hooked up to the mother's body. It has less brain function than a fish.
Yes, it is hooked up to the mother's body. It isn't part of the mother's body. It is a separate human being.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Super!!! Abort it anyways...
Why don't you tell us what you REALLY feel about abortions. Geesh.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Why don't you tell us what you REALLY feel about abortions. Geesh.
Sure! I think they're gross and unpleasant, but ultimately, better than the alternative

Old 03-21-2013, 08:28 PM

408 posts, read 607,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I've never seen her attack women's rights to choose. I've only seen her attack legal abortion.
My, what an intellectual retort ! And mature I might add.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Can't rep you more but THANK YOU.
I refuse to call it "a woman's right to choose". It's abortion. It is terminating the life of a human being.

This isn't about denying someone the right to choose whether you want cholocate ice cream or vanilla ice cream. This is about ending the legalized ability to terminate human life on a whim. It's not about any "rights" or "choice" at all. You don't have the "right to choose" to shoot someone in the head. The debate is about whether or not the human being before birth can be killed at will or not.

It's no different than calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker". They are people who are here illegally. That's what they are. Using a nice sounding euphemism doesn't change it.

If someone wants to argue that abortion should be legal, then that's fine. Go ahead and argue it. But argue what it is. It's terminating human life.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Sure! I think they're gross and unpleasant, but ultimately, better than the alternative
Better than life? You must have a sucky life.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Better than life? You must have a sucky life.
Oh, no... my life is absolutely awesome But then, I had parents who wanted me and loved me.

I'm not for forced abortions where someone who wants a child is deprived of one... no, I'm just totally fine with a woman who doesn't want a child having one. I love children. I just don't give a crap as to whether or not a woman chooses to abort in the first place.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:50 PM

408 posts, read 607,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I refuse to call it "a woman's right to choose". It's abortion. It is terminating the life of a human being.

This isn't about denying someone the right to choose whether you want cholocate ice cream or vanilla ice cream. This is about ending the legalized ability to terminate human life on a whim. It's not about any "rights" or "choice" at all. You don't have the "right to choose" to shoot someone in the head. The debate is about whether or not the human being before birth can be killed at will or not.

It's no different than calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker". They are people who are here illegally. That's what they are. Using a nice sounding euphemism doesn't change it.
Having a fluffy, cuddly view of humanity won't change the fact that a woman determined to have an abortion will have one, regardless of the legal remedies offered.

Sadly, the child-like innocence with which indoctrinated christian zombies view the world precludes their understanding of such realities.

You want to see human life REALLY being terminated on a whim? Make abortions illegal - you'll have to raise the wages of garbage collectors for all the dead babies and fetuses they'll be collecting from trash bins.

My lord no, sweet jesus would never allow for such things to happen!

And then you'll go hide behind church doors, praying to a fictional character while the rational grown-ups out there are made to pick up the pieces.

pathetic waste of energy... I shudder at the thought of how much good could have been done, supporting foster services, educating young women, promoting safe sex, promoting early pregnancy tests... but no, bible-thumpers had to get all caught up with this god-like notion of unconditional prohibition, one of the weakest deterrents out there.

Sorry Janelle and company... the blood is on your hands. Many abortions could have been had earlier if it hadn't been for the interference of folks like Janelle. Instead, larger, more developed fetuses were aborted. And there's no ifs or buts about it - it's a fact.

You think pro-choice doesn't value life? You think you're more caring than your peers? Let's be frank, you're just less capable of coming with the proper solutions.

I repeat: the efforts of Janelle and supporters have caused thousands of fetuses to be aborted in later stages than necessary. When will you get it? When will the madness end?

THIS, friends, is why dogma is so dangerous.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
Having a fluffy, cuddly view of humanity won't change the fact that a woman determined to have an abortion will have one, regardless of the legal remedies offered.

Sadly, the child-like innocence with which indoctrinated christian zombies view the world precludes their understanding of such realities.

You want to see human life REALLY being terminated on a whim? Make abortions illegal - you'll have to raise the wages of garbage collectors for all the dead babies and fetuses they'll be collecting from trash bins.

My lord no, sweet jesus would never allow for such things to happen!

And then you'll go hide behind church doors, praying to a fictional character while the rational grown-ups out there are made to pick up the pieces.

pathetic waste of energy... I shudder at the thought of how much good could have been done, supporting foster services, educating young women, promoting safe sex, promoting early pregnancy tests... but no, bible-thumpers had to get all caught up with this god-like notion of unconditional prohibition, one of the weakest deterrents out there.

Sorry Janelle and company... the blood is on your hands. Many abortions could have been had earlier if it hadn't been for the interference of folks like Janelle. Instead, larger, more developed fetuses were aborted. And there's no ifs or buts about it - it's a fact.

You think pro-choice doesn't value life? You think you're more caring than your peers? Let's be frank, you're just less capable of coming with the proper solutions.

I repeat: the efforts of Janelle and supporters have caused thousands of fetuses to be aborted in later stages than necessary. When will you get it? When will the madness end?

THIS, friends, is why dogma is so dangerous.
Mountains of dead babies never happened before abortion was legalized. You exaggerate to keep people in favor of abortions. Your solving problems by killing babies won't solve problems like you think it will. China is the proof.

The madness will never end because abortions that are being pushed, even for late term---read what NY is working on---will lead to more and more until infanticide and more will be ok. Once we accept evil in one area it opens evil to come into other areas. Death at all levels for many reasons. Handicap people, old people. Euthanasia is next. Remember the life you save may be your own.

I don't accept the cop-out that Christians or pro-life people made Goswell do the atrocities he did. People who did atrocities during the war tried to use the "he made me do it" excuse. It didn't fly then, it won't fly now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies