Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times

Advertisements

Most of us who have it just view it as Human Evolution with some flaws.....These studies just focus on Children , there are rumors which are most likely true that 1 in 8 employees in Silicon Valley & Seattle have Aspergers , and 1 in 12 Scientists have aspergers. What could ease the costs to Society with Nuro-logical & Mental disorders is acceptance and help with Entering Higher Education and entering the work force... Most people with any kind of disorder hate being on welfare , but Society doesn't make it easy for us to move up in the world and contribute to society in a positive matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Hmm, could it be our processed foods with dyes, growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrosamines and preservatives? Got to be environmental.
I remember when red food dye causing hyperactivity and behavioral problems was a "conspiracy theory." Looks like Europe must have been duped by that once since they now require warnings on those dyes because of the increase hyperactivity they cause.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:18 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Hmm, could it be our processed foods with dyes, growth hormones, antibiotics, nitrosamines and preservatives? Got to be environmental.
"Someone" needs to create a website like this one, but showing all of the harmful contents and qualities of the food being purchased and consumed:
Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Burger King sandwich: Chicken Specialty Sandwich

Old 03-23-2013, 01:24 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Americans just recognize way too many "disorders".
People blame the nature for everything.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:05 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Most of us who have it just view it as Human Evolution with some flaws.....These studies just focus on Children , there are rumors which are most likely true that 1 in 8 employees in Silicon Valley & Seattle have Aspergers , and 1 in 12 Scientists have aspergers. What could ease the costs to Society with Nuro-logical & Mental disorders is acceptance and help with Entering Higher Education and entering the work force... Most people with any kind of disorder hate being on welfare , but Society doesn't make it easy for us to move up in the world and contribute to society in a positive matter.
What you say is mostly true. Eccentrics will often be found in higher fields. I would assume that most of those with (undiagnosed or not) Asperger's had some kind of exceptional help to get them where they are today.

I sincerely wish I had known my son had Asperger's as a child. Then I would have been able to get him the help he needed while he was still young enough to accept it. Now his habits are so ingrained, retraining might be impossible.

I think Aspie's need personal mentors that accept them as they are, and work within the parameter of their strengths and weaknesses. (My son needs written instructions for most things. How many bosses are going to write out instructions for one employee every day?)

I know plenty of Aspie's who have gone to college, but are unable to hold onto jobs (volunteer or paid). All they really need is a chance.
Why would any company want to take on the risks of someone with a mental disorder when there are 100 other people without?

It still sounds like that grade school principal who told me, "We are sorry, we just have no place in our school for smart students with behavioral problems."

Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
I'm just wonder how prevelent this disorder will become before the public truely erupts about it.

Before, it affected 1 in 2500, then it affected 1 in 500, then 1 in 250 had it. Scientists kept on saying it is just due to increased awareness.

Then it affected 1 in 110.....Again, due to increased awareness.

Now it affect 1 in 50.....Again, due to increased awareness/

Next it will be 1 in 25 and still due to increased awareness. Haha.

At this rate, by 2030 a majority of children will have this disorder and I bet scientists will still be saying it is all just due to increased awareness.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:46 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I'm just wonder how prevelent this disorder will become before the public truely erupts about it.

Before, it affected 1 in 2500, then it affected 1 in 500, then 1 in 250 had it. Scientists kept on saying it is just due to increased awareness.

At this rate, by 2030 a majority of children will have this disorder and I bet scientists will still be saying it is all just due to increased awareness.
By the time it reaches 100%, doctors will say it is all just due to DECREASED awareness.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post

This isn't such a big deal overseas.....Nuro/Mental Disorders in general are not feared.....the same needs to happen here. There already enough people murdered due to their disablites we don't need to be encouraging mass murders.....which would probably spark a war targeting NT's....not just electronically...like in the past but with physical violence.... Autistic people in general thanks to the Internet are starting to speak out and are tired of people disrespecting us , using us for monetary gain at the cost of our image , abusing us , or taking away our freedoms.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:02 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He never received one vaccine? How did they get away with that? Are they Amish or Seventh Day? They start jabbing infants as soon as they start breathing, I just find this hard to believe. I've heard of them taking kids away from parents that refuse vaccines. How old is this relative?
There are states that allow philosophical and religious exemptions.

A kid was taken away from it's parents for refusal to vaccinate? Where and when did this happen?

Quote:
Aspergers is basically socially withdrawn, right? I think a lot of us could be diagnosed with this.
There's a lot more to Aspergers than the social aspect.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:08 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes most likely VACCINES...... Its sad ppl are so brainwashed they dont OR WONT look into this!

Vaccine-autism proven
Mercola is a fraud, and most people who have looked in to both sides of the coin (risk) with open eyes and genuine concern for the health of their children when it comes down to vaccinating or not, do end up vaccinating.

A lot of parents delay or work with their pediatrician to space out vaccinations on a timeline the parents are more comfortable with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies