Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This is a discouraging Pew Poll - Public Remains Supportive of Israel, Wary of Iran | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Obama and company and his minions in the press have been beating on the war drums about Iran for the last two months, and this poll shows his efforts have borne fruit. 62% of Democrats support this nonsense. Don't you libs remember the lead up to the second invasion of Iraq? This is the same rhetoric and the same bs that you all complained about afterwards...you know, Bush lied and Americans died.

And here we go again. And nary a complaint from you hypocrites on the left because it's Obama.
Why not just bump one of the threads about "imminent war with Iran"? There are so many to choose from going back for years and years.

I've been hearing this since Gulf 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
If the pollsters had asked me, I would say "Let the other Middle East countries handle Iran".
Um, they are. The Sauds and us have quiet a symbiotic relationship. They help us economically and we beat the crap out of people for them. Most people in the US have zero idea about the history of Saudi relations with Iraq and Iran....they think it's all about Israel.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why not just bump one of the threads about "imminent war with Iran"? There are so many to choose from going back for years and years.

I've been hearing this since Gulf 2.
For the last 33 years I have been hearing how the people of Iran would rise up against their oppressors.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
I find it odd that I work in the Defense Industry and by extension, with people that are almost exclusively Republican and so called conservative, and I don't know more than a few people that would be on board with attacking Iran. Even the soldiers are extremely wary of it.

This tells me that Americans are TIRED of wars and made-up justifications for it. Many people that bought the last line of bull for our present engagements aren't so gullible anymore. And they don't want the U.S. to become a proxy military for Israel's interests.

I'm all for the existence of Israel. I think they're a good ally, and I'm happy that a semi-democratic nation exists in a region so troubled by conflict and tribalism. But if we could live with Mutually Assured Destruction in the case of the Soviets, then they can live with it in the case of Iran.

This idea that it'll just be airstrikes is nonsensical. That won't work. If you're gonna strike Iran, it'll have to be full out war because they're not just gonna take a hit like that and sit still. They will terrorize U.S. targets all over the world...as they should if they have any pride. Americans won't be safe anywhere outside of this country. Put your money on it.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Sigh. No more war please. We are such a war-mongering nation, and it needs to stop.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I find it odd that I work in the Defense Industry and by extension, with people that are almost exclusively Republican and so called conservative, and I don't know more than a few people that would be on board with attacking Iran. Even the soldiers are extremely wary of it.

This tells me that Americans are TIRED of wars and made-up justifications for it. Many people that bought the last line of bull for our present engagements aren't so gullible anymore. And they don't want the U.S. to become a proxy military for Israel's interests.

I'm all for the existence of Israel. I think they're a good ally, and I'm happy that a semi-democratic nation exists in a region so troubled by conflict and tribalism. But if we could live with Mutually Assured Destruction in the case of the Soviets, then they can live with it in the case of Iran.

This idea that it'll just be airstrikes is nonsensical. That won't work. If you're gonna strike Iran, it'll have to be full out war because they're not just gonna take a hit like that and sit still. They will terrorize U.S. targets all over the world...as they should if they have any pride. Americans won't be safe anywhere outside of this country. Put your money on it.
^^^Nailed it. Can't rep you yet though.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^Nailed it. Can't rep you yet though.
LOL...that's ok.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Who are Iran's national enemies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies