U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM
 
4,911 posts, read 3,064,046 times
Reputation: 1254

Advertisements

Sean Hannity Ted Cruz interview, Presidential hopefuls, Hannity questions Cruz Canadian birth, Carl Cameron Cruz not eligible, Obama not natural born citizen | Citizen WElls
(about 35 seconds in)

I just saw a clip of Slanthead and Ted Cruz on PoliticsNation. My God I am actually speechless. In the exchange, which is about questions as to if Cruz is a natural born citizens, Slanthead speaks dismissevely of "birther cries growing on the left" (and he does that gesture where the finger makes circles around the ears) as if only those on the left would do something so crazy. But that's not the crazy part, the truly amazingly hypocritical double standard part that makes your jaw drop and turns you speechless. Both Slanthead and Ted Cruz agree that Cruz was BORN IN CANADA!! That's right, I'll say it again, both Slanthead and Ted Cruz agree that Ted Cruz was BORN IN CANADA!!

Slanthead: Let me get this straight, you were born in Canada.
Cruz: Yes

And then Slanthead goes on to say "but your mother was a U.S. citizen" and then they both agree that that makes him a U.S. citizen. Yes, that's right, now they are both saying that because his mother was a U.S. citizen, not his parents, just his mother. Gee, doesn't that sound familiar? A politician who (it is claimed) was born outside the United States whose mother was a U.S. citizen

Now check out the way Slanthead says "this issue of the birth certificate" here and compare it with the way he says "birther cries growing on the left"
Sean Hannity - Birthers - Donald Trump | Mediaite

OMG NOW I'M EVEN MORE SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the last link, which I'm listening to right now as I type this, and I had to rewind to see if I heard right, Slanthead proclaims that he carries around a copy of the Constitution and he says that the Constitution requires that you be born in the United States. Yes, he really did, check it out for yourself. He claims that the Constitution requires you be born in the United States, and in the first video and admits that Ted Cruz wasn't born in the United States BUT SOMEHOW HE'S STILL A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN BECAUSE ONE PARENT, NOT BOTH, JUST ONE, WAS A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest I don't know why Seans idiocy and double standards always shock me so much, I guess by now I should be used to it.

Now Hannity isn't a birther. I guess there's a limit to even his craziness, but why is it that when the right claims Obama isn't a natural born citizen they're asking a very valid question and gosh of golly why doesn't
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM
 
Location: North Texas
24,571 posts, read 35,224,567 times
Reputation: 28456
Obama is a natural-born citizen.

According to my understanding of 'natural-born citizen', so is Ted Cruz as long as these conditions apply:

United States nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,068 posts, read 76,214,231 times
Reputation: 27637
That's Obama's case isn't it ?
What's the big to do about it ?

They can't enter politics and get elected into Congress unless they are citizens.
So they've been vetted already.

Give it a rest. Assume the political party heads are doing their jobs of vetting these people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,422 posts, read 9,352,819 times
Reputation: 7770
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Sean Hannity Ted Cruz interview, Presidential hopefuls, Hannity questions Cruz Canadian birth, Carl Cameron Cruz not eligible, Obama not natural born citizen | Citizen WElls
(about 35 seconds in)

I just saw a clip of Slanthead and Ted Cruz on PoliticsNation. My God I am actually speechless. In the exchange, which is about questions as to if Cruz is a natural born citizens, Slanthead speaks dismissevely of "birther cries growing on the left" (and he does that gesture where the finger makes circles around the ears) as if only those on the left would do something so crazy. But that's not the crazy part, the truly amazingly hypocritical double standard part that makes your jaw drop and turns you speechless. Both Slanthead and Ted Cruz agree that Cruz was BORN IN CANADA!! That's right, I'll say it again, both Slanthead and Ted Cruz agree that Ted Cruz was BORN IN CANADA!!

Slanthead: Let me get this straight, you were born in Canada.
Cruz: Yes

And then Slanthead goes on to say "but your mother was a U.S. citizen" and then they both agree that that makes him a U.S. citizen. Yes, that's right, now they are both saying that because his mother was a U.S. citizen, not his parents, just his mother. Gee, doesn't that sound familiar? A politician who (it is claimed) was born outside the United States whose mother was a U.S. citizen

Now check out the way Slanthead says "this issue of the birth certificate" here and compare it with the way he says "birther cries growing on the left"
Sean Hannity - Birthers - Donald Trump | Mediaite

OMG NOW I'M EVEN MORE SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the last link, which I'm listening to right now as I type this, and I had to rewind to see if I heard right, Slanthead proclaims that he carries around a copy of the Constitution and he says that the Constitution requires that you be born in the United States. Yes, he really did, check it out for yourself. He claims that the Constitution requires you be born in the United States, and in the first video and admits that Ted Cruz wasn't born in the United States BUT SOMEHOW HE'S STILL A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN BECAUSE ONE PARENT, NOT BOTH, JUST ONE, WAS A U.S. CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest I don't know why Seans idiocy and double standards always shock me so much, I guess by now I should be used to it.

Now Hannity isn't a birther. I guess there's a limit to even his craziness, but why is it that when the right claims Obama isn't a natural born citizen they're asking a very valid question and gosh of golly why doesn't
Hey...just cause O was born in Kenya does not mean he is not eligible to be POTUS.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
 
4,911 posts, read 3,064,046 times
Reputation: 1254
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's Obama's case isn't it ?
What's the big to do about it ?

They can't enter politics and get elected into Congress unless they are citizens.
So they've been vetted already.

Give it a rest. Assume the political party heads are doing their jobs of vetting these people.
No it's not Obama's case. Obama was born in the United States, Ted Cruz wasn't. To make it even worse the birthers themselves admit Obama's mother was a citizen, but that's not enough they say because he wasn't born here.

And you don't have to be a natural born citizen to be elected to Congress
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,109,512 times
Reputation: 4234
Both sides aren't following what the Constitution says and MEANS. In reality, this goes for BOTH sides, Natural Born Citizen, as far as the Presidency goes, is someone who was born to TWO CITIZEN PARENTS! Both D's and R's are F'ing this thing up. Cruz, Rubio AND Obama are ineligible in the real world, but politicians on both sides of the isle don't live in that real world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
 
7,541 posts, read 5,642,160 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Both sides aren't following what the Constitution says and MEANS.
Actually, birthers aren't the ones following what the Constitution says.

We have mountains of evidence that our Constitution was cribbed from laws in place and found in English Common Law. The most referenced resources during the writing of our US Constitution, were lawyers, educated in English Common Law. Our fore fathers, many of whom were lawyers, were also educated in English Common Law.

Quote:
In reality, this goes for BOTH sides, Natural Born Citizen, as far as the Presidency goes, is someone who was born to TWO CITIZEN PARENTS! Both D's and R's are F'ing this thing up. Cruz, Rubio AND Obama are ineligible in the real world, but politicians on both sides of the isle don't live in that real world.
There is not a single case or literature that supports the above. As illustrated by the 14th amendment as well as SCOTUS in Wong Kim Ark.


and you forget:
Spiro Agnew
Chester A Arthur

both had parents, where one or both parents, were not citizens when they were born.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM
 
14,295 posts, read 8,621,410 times
Reputation: 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Obama is a natural-born citizen.

According to my understanding of 'natural-born citizen', so is Ted Cruz as long as these conditions apply:

United States nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obama's mother was a US citizen, so is her son. Even if a woman gave birth to her son in another country, her son does not lose his birthright to US citizenship. The most that would happen is her son would have dual citizenship until age 21.

I think the birther claim is that Barack Obama's mother renounced his US citizenship and made him a citizen of Indonesia, with his step dad Soreto, or however you spell it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
 
14,295 posts, read 8,621,410 times
Reputation: 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Both sides aren't following what the Constitution says and MEANS. In reality, this goes for BOTH sides, Natural Born Citizen, as far as the Presidency goes, is someone who was born to TWO CITIZEN PARENTS! Both D's and R's are F'ing this thing up. Cruz, Rubio AND Obama are ineligible in the real world, but politicians on both sides of the isle don't live in that real world.
I don't see it that way. I believe there are a few ways of being a natural born citizen

1) both parents US citizens, no matter where you were born

2) At least one parent was a US citizen, no matter where you were born, with dual citizenship, where you decide to renounce any claim to citizenship to any other country.

3) Your parents are immigrants residing in the US, going thru the legal process of becoming US citizens, and you are born in this country during that transitional period, and become a full citizen once your parents become US citizens.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,893 posts, read 14,445,045 times
Reputation: 3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Both sides aren't following what the Constitution says and MEANS.
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
In reality, this goes for BOTH sides, Natural Born Citizen, as far as the Presidency goes, is someone who was born to TWO CITIZEN PARENTS!
Wrong.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top